Aberrant: 2011 - A Kind of Mellow Christmas

Drew

"So what's this guy like?"

"Oh...he's okay. Real shy though. Wouldn't say boo to a goose."

"Well, you know it's always the quiet ones..."

Nicki looked about as shocked as Drew felt. However, not having talked to Evan previously, she recovered faster. "Why, as a matter of fact I haven't. Hell, I ain't never even had one, though it's not for lack of tryin'." She grinned up at Evan. "Y'all wanna be my firsts?"

Drew began to smile.

Meanwhile, Mellow was gracefully easing/being eased up the stairs by Tarra. Apparently she had been wanting this for awhile, and had even gone so far as to have a little surprise waiting for him. Mellow, being a little kid at heart, couldn't stand waiting for Christmas surprises, and got to the bedroom only to find...

Twins. Sara and Sarai were waiting there for him. It was obvious by the mischievous smiles they had on...and nothing else. When in Rome...thought Mellow, and quickly joined them.

*THE REST OF THIS POST IS CENSORED IN THE NAME OF SANITY. IF YOU CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT BY NOW, SHAME ON YOU!*

Instead of replying with words, Evan slipped a hand around her midriff. He nipped at her neck then slipped a hand inside her jeans. He surged some healing energy down his hand targeted with some of the best pysiology training Project Utopia could provide.

Nikki gasped and found herself grinding her ass back into him. Evan remained concentrated kissing up and down her neck and shoulder. Nikki beckoned Drew to her, rapidly loosing all inhibitions to their public display.

Drew sauntered over to the pair, grinning like a Cheshire cat. A second later he realized what he was doing and schooled his face into an appropriately sultry expression.

Drew plunged his tongue into her mouth with preamble, but what he lacked in foreplay he made up for in skill, sliding one hand up her shirt to cup her pert, braless breasts and sliding the other around to caress her back, simply hiking the shirt up to get at bare skin.

-- More than a little later --

Novas have ste stamina of bulls. Also, if they care, they can be persistant and dedicated lovers. Nikki was overwhelmed and her cries of ecstacy filled the open areas of the Mellow abode. Her clothes were everywhere, but she didn't seem to mind. Nikki cleansed her mouth out with some vodka while Drew played idly with her hair. Evan was getting dressed, a faint grin on his face.

"Wow ... for my first time with not one novas, but two ... Wow," Nikki said, still working out the kinks of a multiple orgasm. She looked up at Drew and then over to Evan.

"This was my first time," Evan began. "With sex - ever."

Looking at their disbelief and feeling rather zen.

"It was about time I moved past my virginity", he said with such self-assurance, it was unreal.

Evan leaned over and kissed Nikki on the lips.

"Thanks," he whispered.

To Drew, " and thanks for coming over."

"But...dude, you were, like...fuckin' SuperDick! How could that be your first time??" Drew was seriously impressed. Of course, being a nova healer probably helped, but still...goddamn.

He yawned, then smiled. "Yeah, you two were awesome. But Evan? Don't ever touch my balls again. I don't care if it was an accident, you..." his words faded into unintelligable murmurs as he drifted off to sleep.

Mellow wandered out of his room to take a leak. After relieving himself, he was wandering back to the bathroom. He paused after hearing loud applause coming from the living room.

He peeked down the stairs, and noticed a beaming Evan, an exhausted but glowing Nicki, and Drew (who had his fly unzipped) passed out on the couch. Given the number of people who had their OpPhone cameras going, he'd be able to find out what happened on YouTube by tomorrow. Not that he couldn't figure out what happened given some of the comments that were being shouted. Evan and Nicki, to their credit, looked quite happy with themselves.

Oh well, he had his own Christmas joy to occupy him. Ad he'd given himself just enough time to recuperate.

He thought of Her. He thought of Kara too, and all the other nova women he'd met. It wasn't that he didn't try to think of Nikki, smiling up at him with something akin to affection. Maybe she thought this meant something more to him that ... well, his past. What had passed between them was something behind him now. What was he going to be now?

Evan offered Nikki his hand. She took it and stood up. Drew was still dozing.

"Let's go out on the porch," he said quietly, but frimly.

Nikki squeezed his hand in reply.

When they got outside, she interrupted him by standing up on her tip-toes and kissed him on the lips. Evan smiled kindly at her.

"What now?"

"It's okay," she mollified him. "It was fun and you work half way around the world."

She was making this too easy on him. Nikki leaned up against him.

"I had fun. So did you." She patted his behind.

Like that, they were done - seperated from any emotional ties. She somehow knew the deal, which was still beyond Evan's reach, and wasn't going to burn herself reaching for something - or someone, outside of her world.

Evan slipped his fingers out of hers. His arm slipped up he back and come to rest on her shoulders. He pulled he close so that her head rested against his arm and shoulder. Inside, the party had moved on to other things and they were together and alone.

At this time Mellow, Tarra, and the twins slowly filtered their way out and began to mingle again. First stop, before anything, was a quick shower. It was kind of fun, all of them being pressed in together, juggling the lone bar of soap, squirting each other with the shampoo bottles, laughing like little kids.

Then the towels got passed around, and the fan finally turned on, and eventually they got dried up enough to don clothing and slowly filter back out to the party, which seemed pretty subdued by now.

Mellow decided that this wasn't going to do, not at all. He stretched, walked with a purpose to the balcony, opened the door, and climbed onto the railing. Standing tall, he yelled, "I AM A GOLDEN GOD!" and jumped off the railing into the heated pool below.

He probably should have remembered that he was dressed. He probably shouldn't have done a cannonball. He probably should have tried to hold his breath. And he probably should have realized that, just because the pool was heated, it wasn't heated all that much, and the night surrounding the pool wasn't heated. It no doubt looked less than impressive when he bobbed to the surface coughing and sputtering. And when he staggered out of the pool and was shivering, and realized he'd have to dry out his wallet and find new clothes. But at least some people were amused by his little spectacle, and what was a party without doing something you'd regret later, if only a little?

Mellow wobbled and shivered his way inside, looking for a towel and to get near a heating grate. What he got was a towel, Tori, and Rachel.

"Oh, Barry..." Mellow winced a little inside; he hated his name, and he suspected that Tori had an idea for him, one he was going to hate. "Rachel and I were wondering about something you'd said earlier, something about wanting to branch out? Well, I know you've got this tour going, but there's a company in Bollywood that's doing a remake of Jesus Christ Superstar..."

Mellow groaned. He'd made the horrible mistake of sitting down with his stoner friends and seeing the 1970's version of that musical. Dear God, but he could never understand why people would line up to make fun of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, but that version of Jesus Christ Superstar somehow escaped public mockery. Even stoned, Mellow couldn't force himself to pay attention to that movie. The fat white dude with the glasses playing Pontius Pilate was the icing on the cake; the fact that he was one of the better actors in the film soured Mellow on the idea before he'd heard anything else.

"Do you like marshmallows?" Enquired the walrus politely.

"Oh yes, I love them!" Shouted the pink spider estatically. Personally, Drew couldn't see what the fuss was about, but apparently marshmallows were a big deal when -

"I AM THE ARBITER OF MARSHMALLOWS!" Screamed the walrus, obviously unhinged.

"I GOTTA PISS REAL BAD!" The pink spider screeched.

"I FEEL HORNY!" Roared Nicki, popping out from behind the walrus covered in bodily secretions.

"I AM A GOLDEN GOD!" Mellow said, as though from a long way off.

"Ummmga..." Drew woke up.

His fly was unzipped. That was never good. He zipped it and staggered off through a crowd of laughing people who seemed to want to pat him on the back and show him their fancy phones, to the bathroom. There he had a nice long piss.

Mellow was clowning around. Drew was just starting to get his act together and was off in the bathroom. The party people seemed more ... drunk, stoned, or whatever now.

"Want to take a swim?" Nikki whispered in his ear. Evan nodded in the affirmative. He already knew he would be stripping down once more.

Together, they went hand and hand to a remote section of the pool and begans stripping. They were not in the water more than a minute before Nikki came for him once again.

God, its good to be a nova.

• 3 weeks later...

Mellow was adamant. "No. Nonononononono. I'm out to be a rock star, not out to be a messiah figure. No David Koresh here, no Ti or Do, none of that. And I do not want anyone getting the wrong idea. I plan to do nothing but avoid the religious nutjobs, and that would pour gasoline and light the match."

Tori, his liaison to his parents and, he had to admit, a pretty shrewd manager in her own right, was insistent. "Mellow, it's not in the way you'd thought about it, true. But look at Keanu Reeves: pretty, able to draw the eye to the screen, and any time someone questions his talent, all he has to do is point them to Little Buddha or My Own Private Idaho or any number of offbeat stuff he's done to shut them up. Hell, look at Johnny Depp for an even better example! Him, Jack Black, even Keanu can do their music part-time if they want, and the fans between their works synergize. You could easily do the same if you wanted. People want to like you, and the more opportunities you give them, the happier they'll be."

Mellow shook his head. "First off, I'd at least like to get through my first concert without having any other obligations to worry about. I mean, really, I've had a lot to deal with since my Eruption and I'd like to catch a break. It's not as easy as I make it look, you know? Second, I don't know how good of an actor I am. The most important part of that is memorizing lines, and I didn't get a big brain with my Eruption. I don't know how well I'll handle a studio environment. The long hours, the repetition, all of it. And above all, choosing that role right off the bat is asking for wingnuts camping outside my door, some of them with guns."

Tori was about to respond, but Rachel, surprising Mellow and Tori, butted in. "Mellow, you were just saying earlier how you wanted to be doing big, important stuff with your life. You're eighteen, and a lot of men your age have already been out there doing what they want to do. I know it's overwhelming, but it's always overwhelming. I mean, are you going to shit or get off the pot, here? What do you want to do with your life?"

Mellow hated her at that moment, hated her as he'd really hated only a very few people. "You have soo much potential, why aren't you using it?" Well, fuck you very much, but no one can plan for an Eruption, and unless you'd been through one, you had no idea what kinds of changes it makes in your life. Even success can be a fucking headache if it falls out of the sky and onto your lap so fast that you don't even have time to blink. His Eruption had given him rock-star charm, but it hadn't made him a rock star all the way down, had it? It hadn't allowed him to get used to, even enjoy, the kind of chaos that life could become. But it was an Eruption, right, so naturally it made everything okay, hadn't it? No one who hadn't had one seemed to get that, in some ways, it also made things worse. Because there was always something missing, something you couldn't appreciate until you realized you needed it.

"I'm not saying I want to crap out of this, Rachel. Come on! It's not like there won't be other roles if I want them. It's just not what I'm up to right now. Planning ahead is good, but this is, you know, a party, and I don't feel like mixing business and pleasure at the moment. Why can't this wait until the new year?"

"And..." Great, now he was getting a bit of a headache. He was irritable, he felt trapped, his generally good mood was evaporating, and...suddenly, it didn't seem to matter, nothing seemed to matter, and he felt like he was out of his body. To everyone else, he'd stopped, blinked rapidly a few times, and then his voice had gotten firmer, clearer somehow.

"You know what I want to do with my life? Bear with me, it sounds odd, but have you ever read The Catcher in the Rye? Do you remember that one scene where Holden tells his little sister about the job he wants?

"I have this dream where I'm sliding down a beam of light from the clouds, and the entire world is spread out below me. The lower I descend, the wider the beam of light spreads. And below me, I can see the darkness, the war, the hate, the fear, all of it pulling back, retreating into the darkness, but the darkness is evaporating, running away from me. I'm singing, but I don't know the song, and it's jamming the transmissions from the darkness, and there are people running out to meet me, a huge crowd, so many people."

"And I've hit the earth, and I can see all around me a bunch of old, rusted-out missiles and tanks, stained by the darkness and useless. Children are playing in them, because they're no longer afraid. There are statues trapped in rust and darkness, and I realize that those are actual people, people I can't save, so I don't. I turn to the crowd.

"And there are people coming forward and bringing me...some kind of gift, I don't know what. In exchange they're asking me for advice or some sort of blessing, I'm not sure. But something is being exchanged, and while they come forward the grass and the trees are growing back, and the streams are clearing up."

"The scene shifts, and I'm a the top of a mountain or a building, a very tall one. And there are children playing around me, while I sit in the center of them. There's a sharp drop-off on all sides of this playground, and I realize that, by sitting in the center and watching them, I'm keeping the kids from falling off the sides of the playground. I don't mind it, but my mind is wandering, and I'm looking at the clouds, and the sky."

"And I can see the future written in the clouds, in the sunlight, but I don't understand it all, yet. And as I'm looking into the future, I can feel myself rising back into the sky on the sunlight, and I look down on the kids, and I know that they'll be fine, and that I'll be there for them the next time the darkness comes crashing in."

"That's my dream, and I believe that's my future. I don't how it will happen, but it will happen soon enough."

Mellow blinked again, and he noticed Tori and Rachel nodding their heads in unison, looking like they'd gone into some sort of trance. "It could work. Yes, it could. I'd volunteer..." Mellow suddenly noticed that a number of people had gathered around him and were nodding to themselves. "Uh...no, not right now. I'm just not in the frame of mind to discuss doing movies, especially not that one. Maybe I'll change my mind, but I doubt it."

Mellow walked through the dispersing crowd, having an unsettling feeling of having blanked out for a minute, and feeling sad that he hadn't taken Gabriel Law on his offer to go to that hospital and cheer up some of those kids. For him, unless something major occurred, the party was over.

OOC: Without knowing it, Mellow turned on his Natural Agitator during his little speech.

Archived