[Fiction] Second-Wife Return

Ptesan-Wi

"I cannot take away your tears cried for these long months but the months ahead will not have them I promise."

The words of her mate ran through her head, over and over, as Ptesan-Wi hurriedly prepared the cave for an unexpected visitor.

Visitor? No... resident, most likely, she corrected herself, as behind her, a scene straight out of Poltergeist was taking place. Crockery, knifes, bits of food, clean homespun cloth, and a hundred other things flew through the air in an utterly baffling frenzy... but a frenzy with purpose, driven with uncanny control and skill. By the time the familiar blue distortion of Long's warpgate appeared a mere minute later, the cave was clean, water was on the fire for tea, and a pile of food - lightly seared slices of venison and buffalo, an assortment of flatbreads, sliced remains of yesterday's blackberry preserve pie, and generous saucers of herbed butter and other seasonings - was placed on the table and surrounded with earthenware plates and mugs.

Just as the familiar forms started to appear in the gate, the young goddess felt a wetness on her face; a quick motion wiped away the tear, and she forced a cheerful smile to her face.

"Hau, and welcome home Silvertalon, second-wife to mihinga ki."

The blackness of the portal is swept aside by the light with in the room it opened up into. The smells were familair to Silvertalon's nose but vague in rememberance as it has been quite some time since she was last...... Home.

Her eyes adjusted quickly looking around the familiar surroundings the cave looked clean, the scent of food in the air made her tummy trumble slightly. As those eyes eventally fall upon Ptsean-Wi standing before her smiling towards her causing a slight flush with in her ears. A slow smile played across her muzzle and slight nod, before Ptesan-Wi noticed the smile turn into a display of her teeth.

Suddenly a breif moment, a playfulness flashed though her mind, before she pounced the small lakota woman knockng her to the ground. A deep growl wells with in her chest glaring down at the human and yet some how not a single though goes though the feral nova's mind. Silvertalons waits for a few long moments letting Ptesan-Wi's mind ponder about what will happen next. As the sounds of Wakinyan's footsteps come behind her.

Slowly Silvertalon's muzzle lowers down with a soft growl just inches way and then it happens!

....SSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUURRRRRRRPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

A giggle escapes her muzzle as she winks, "I missed you...." A cute little pout and puppy dog eyes look follows for a few moments. Before her belly rumbles as she blushes, "Oh yeah, whats for dinner?" she gets up and helps Ptesan-Wi to her feet. "I am sooo starved I can eat a bufflo!"

Fear of the massive creature poised snarling above her was washed away with the sweep of the huge tongue... but what replaced it was not humor. Rage - deep red and white hot, all at once - filled the young "mesmerist".

In the space of a moment, the fox-dragon that Wakinyan had taken as a second spouse was flung from her assumed position of dominance, hurtled toward the far wall of the cave... and frozen mere inches from a painful impact against the rough-hewn stone. In another blink of an eye, an array of cutlery ascended into the air, seemingly of its own accord, and hurtled toward Silvertalon - again, stopping mere inches from her body to hover with the menacing potential of death, pointing at her like dozens of accusing fingers.

Before her, clearly seen through the ring of knives, stood Ptesan-Wi in all her glory. Her argent aura shown like the sun, and the blue glow in her eyes was sharper than the knives.

"I am Ptesan-Wi," she intoned in a voice that rang of authority. "I am the White Buffalo Calf Woman, I am the first-wife of Wakinyan, and I will have respect from you! Knock me to the ground again, second-wife, and you will feel my wrath!"

The various steel blades retreated to their normal places in the kitchen, and the great invisible hand set Silvertalon - safely but firmly - on the floor.

Wakinyan watches Silvertalon enter the room he can see her tense her muscles coiling. He knows she will not hurt Ptesan-Wi but he also knows it will not go well what she is about to do. "Silver don't....." It was to late with a crash she was upon the small but alpha wife and glowing blue eyes told him quickly the response the feral Nova was about to recieve.

It was the order of things and he knew it. He had to chuckle slightly as the knives flew across the room at someone other than him for a change. There was no blood in this contest and he wouldn't allow it to get that far. It simply had to be done so that the wife of the mind and soul and the wife of the body and instinct could live together once more.

"Well." He moved across the room and helped Silvertalon to her feet once the blades had retreated and Ptesan-Wi had reasserted herself as the Alpha female. "It's nice to see the family back to normal again."

Silvertalon just blinks slightly confused and dumn founded as she is flung across the room towards the wall stoping only meer inches from the stone walls. Then just looks on as a fleet of sharp objects comes sailing right towards her. Yet she doesn't struggle the look of shock still on her face as her eyes turn towards Ptesan -Wi as she speaks. She can feel, sense and taste the in a way the anger seething from her. A slight shiver runs though her as a part of finds it some what troublesome she is so helpless unable to move. Another part of her feels hurt, as her ears droop slightly taken aback by such harsh actions for such in her mind a playful greetings as she has truely missed Ptesan-Wi. As she is slightly confused in thought with two conflicting sides her personality for a moment.

Silvertalon feels herself let go by the strange force as the sharp objects retreat back to thier places of resting she nods slowly and mirr mirrrs softly, "As you wish. I am sorry.." Her head turns to Wakinyan and shurgs slightly as she walks out the room ears lowerd slightly as she procceds to make herself scarce for a little while to let her alpha cool off. The flap of the cave door opens and she slips out walking slowly deep in thought trying to make sense of things. As she is for the first time puzzled by what just happened.

Archived