[Fiction] Home is where you are... [Complete]

Origami

((OOC Note: This fiction is closed except to Long, Origami, and Endeavor. Others are involved by invite only.))

Origami has been having a hell of a time keeping the twins in line. Every lesson she gave and any supervision time she was up for was a draining experience. Teaching and supervising Human children was one thing. But dealing with Nova children was a far different matter.

Knowing that her contract was open, she feared what she would have to deal with once Sakurako's twins grew old enough for teaching.

That is... if Sakurako thought she was doing a good job.

The pay has been excellent. Kyoko hasn't had to worry about paying bills or anything for a while, and that worry on her shoulders being lifted has allowe her to start coming up with new ideas for writing.

The growling in her stomach tells her though the author can wait. She needs food.

Origami heads down to the lower levels of the estate, and starts walking by the garden in back, when she feels a strange sensation. She feels it all the time around Sakurako, and she sees a moment later Sakurako... but this energy feels different.

She turns towards the garden, and a Humanoid tiger, White with Black stripes is sitting... seemingly meditating.

Kyoko puts her hands on a pack of index cards, preparing them just in case she has to shield herself... or fight...

"Who are you? How did you get in here???"

Long's head swings back around regarding the stranger in his house. Knowing that both Endeavor and Cade wouldn't allow anyoe here they didn't trust he smiled, his cerulean blue eyes glowing even in the pale moonlight. "This is my home, where else have I to be? As to how i got here, that has so many answers, it would take some time to explain it all."

He can feel the pulse of her node, and he smiles. He rises from his kneeling position to his full eight foot height, towering over the unknown nova. His snow-white pelt seemed to glow in the full moon's light. In a voice that is strangely soft coming from such a massive form he identifies himself.

"I am Ryu Hideyoshi, The master of this house, and you are?"

Origami pauses. Intimidated by the size of the combat-ready Humanoid Tiger.

"I... I am Kyoko Aino. You may... know me as Origami elsewhere. I should have known it was you after you mentioned your name."

Kyoko stands down, and loosens up.

"I'm... sorry for the direct approach, but Sakurako was advising me that there may be the occasional... troublemaker. To keep the eyes open as it were. Although, I think she puts too much faith in my skill."

She slowly steps foreward, adjusting her glasses.

"I... Think you'll be happy to see Miss Hino once again. She has been quite busy. Partucarly with the happy news she will relay."

"It is a pleasure to meet you Ms. Aino. I trust my children are well." The massive Tiger smiles revealing pearly white fangs and then begins moving forward to the house. "I've been away far too long. I've already been told of the developments that have happened while I was away, well at least the main one regarding Sakurako."

"What puzzles me is why you are here. Do not take this the wrong way but you are hardly what one might call a bodyguard-type nova." As he spoke his brain began assembling everything he had read about "Origami". memories of being a former teacher and writer before she errupted came to the foreground of his mind.

"Now I remember. You are a teacher are you not? I trust then that Sakurako or Cade hired you to keep my children up to date on their studies while I was away."

The way he recalls facts is beyond the ken of most, he's like a furry walking encyclopedia. He bowed his head slightly "Thank you for your services. Ms. Aino."

His eyes raidiated a cool blue light and his facial expression seemed to soften. "They haven't given you too much trouble I hope. You haven't had any issues beyond the walls of this house have you because of your work here?"

"Well, other than being hyperactive sponges regarding knowledge, your children have been well. At least the ones not gestating in Sakurako's womb."

She scratches her head bashfully.

"Sakurako mentioned that she had things in order regarding protection, but she just told me to keep my eyes open."

She smiles, knowing it is pretty much mission accomplished now. "Uh... I made sure as well to keep the kitchen fully stocked. Sakurako has been busy keeping her pregnancy under wraps, and working on various projects. So someone had to take care of the details she missed. Although after the twins are born... well... that'll probably change."

She smiles, tilting her head. "Congratulations... by the way."

Long managed to smile. "Thank you. You're right, things are going to get very interesting when they're born, for the entire household."

He looked back out over the tranquil gardens and seemed to relax. "Though I must ask what will you do now that I have returned home? Do you have somewhere you to go?"

"Well... I was sort of hoping that you would answer that."

She paces around, wandering in the garden as she goes, staying near Long.

"This has been a wonderful job, that is true. Your children have been good students. Demanding, yes, but good."

She looks down towards the ground. "I just realized a few weeks ago though, that this will most likely end on your return. Now that has come to pass, and it is your decision on if I stay in your employ. I do have a home to go to, I have paid it's rent quite handsomely just incase, but... needless to say this job has been more rewarding than teaching ordinary children."

She sighs.

"Alhough... I wouldn't blame you if you relieved me of my duties, Long."

For a second, she almost said yes... without thinking. Then, she holds for a beat.

This is... quite a responsibility. I had teached classes of 30 students before. 4 shouldn't be an issue, but who am I kidding? Sakurako and Long are in the upper eschelons of Novakind, at least from what I seen. Their children will be natural spitfires.

Then there is... my other career.

How could I get my writing done... wait... I've been doing that on the side, it's just a bitch using that typeriter of mine...

Damn... looks like Sakurako wins the bet.

"Well, Long... as long as you get Sakurako to give me some pointers using her damnible terminals instead of my typewriter... you got yourself a Teacher.

Just... make sure she doesn't gloat. We have a bet. She thought I would finally bend and start using a terminal. 20,000 Yen was on the line for that one. Yeah... high stakes I know..."

She blushes.

"That's the answer I was hoping for. As for Sakurako, don't worry soon she won't have time to gloat things are going to get very busy in this house. Very busy and very interesting."

He nods andis wracked with pain as his form shifts into his near man form. Bones and joints pop audibly as his body reconfigures even as his Eufiber reforms into a set of slacksand a standard black button-down. His long raven-black hair falls to the small of his back, and many of his stripes are still visible if in a lessened form. The whole experience leaves him somewhat winded.

He stands there, a hand holding him up on one of the supports while he catches his breath. "Ok, so that hurts a whole lot more than it used to." He turns to Origami and smiles. "Ryu will do from now on, Ms. Aino. Now, I think it best for me to go see my family. If you'd care to join me I'd be honored."

"Actually, I'll be in the Kitchen. I was goign to make a sandwich... I may join later."

She feels Sakurako's presence coming down the hall. Or at least she feels a Nova coming untill she sees the colorized for of a visibily pregnant Sakurako walking down the hall.

"Untill then... and thank you..."

She nods to Ryu before walking off, smiling towards Sakurako as she goes. Leaving Sakurako to wonder what she is so happy about untill...

Sakurako is suprised, as she sees Long standing in the garden, in his Human form... seeing some faint stripes on his skin suprises her. Perhaps this is the form he has taken now?

"Ryu-kun???"

She quickly sprints over and hugs him, making sure her tummy didn't collide with him. Even though she's 4 months pregnant, her body is already adapting and re-positioning with 2 unborn children in her womb. Being as flexible as she naturally is does help, though.

"You're... alright are you? I missed you. So have the twins."

Sakurako is visibly concerned as Ryu seems weak.

"Here let me help you inside..."

He nods as Origami excuses herself. When he sees Endeavor, he immediately recognizes her as being pregnant and a genuine smile spreads across his lips. His arms encirlce her tightly and and he holds her close. "I've missed you too my Sakurako."

He allows her to help support him, though he doesn't really need it. "I am ok Sakura-chan. Just getting used to the new me. Things hurt now that didn't before."

He smiles at her mention of the twins and he chuckles. "which twins are you talking about?" His eyes glow softly with a mischievous glint as a hand gently pats her stomach.

Sakurako kisses Ryu on the cheek. "Our twins, Ryu... Neil checked them out after I started having some odd morning sickness and other annoyances."

She strokes his hair.

"And, since I hadn't had any intercourse outside of you around the time they were concieved..."

She smiles. "One can assume that you're the daddy."

Then her mood changes. "Timeslip... knows... doesn't she?"

She dreads hearing of Timeslip's reacion to her pregnancy. Knowing Timeslip is a Terat and possibly a militant one, she knows that there may be trouble. Not the least by legal standards, what Sakurako committed was adultery. Then again, those are Human standards. A while ago Sakurako justified it as helping the Nova population grow with a new generation. It's important with such a small number of Novas to procreate and increase the population to a sustainible number.

"I hope... things are alright."

"She told me." He left it at that, not wishing to relive the last exchange he'd had with Timeslip. Instead he redoubles his efforts to soothe the concern he sees in Sakurako's eyes.

He kisses her softly on the lips and holds her close. His eyes seem to sparkle as he speaks. "I am home. You have cared for my children while I was away. You have seen to my affairs and kept my house intact. Beyond that, you are carrying my children, the future of nova kind. I would say things are more than alright, they are quite good." I have missed you all."

Sakurako looks down. "I was... so afraid while you were gone. I know you had a bodyguard here but still... I felt I couldn't reveal except to a few people... that I was with child untill you returned." She leans foreward, letting her head rest on his chest.

"I just... fel so helpless when you weren't here... as that statue... and I missed you coming back to us.

I'm... sorry..."

"I know things have been hard for you, but things will get easier soon enough, just give me another week to get it all done. I am home now, and I don't plan on leaving you again."

Longs fingers wipe away the tears he can see forming in her eyes. I'm here Sakurako, though I must be honest, there have been some changes. You may not like them."

He rubs her shoulder softly. "So have you given thought to their names?"

"I'm waiting untill they're born... I didn't ask Neil for the genders, so I'm going to wait. I thought if they're both boys, you could name them. If they were both girls, I could, but if it's a split, I name the girl, and you the boy."

"I was thinking of Mizuko for one... Hisami for the other... That is, if they're both girls."

"Ayato and Ryoma if they're boys would be my choices." He walks with her back into the house and makes his way to where the twins are. As they walk he asks of the rest of the family.

"How have Misato and Benkei been? I met Origami when I arrived, she seems nice enough. Very intelligent, whoever hired her did a very good job. I've asked her to stay on to help teach them and later on perhaps she can teach our children as well."

"That's good. I can strike a conversation with her, although she sems to treat my technology as if it was cursed!" She says, giggling. "You know I have a bet with her though that if I can get her to use my terminals, she'll have to pay me some yen."

She laughs jokingly, sounding almost evil. "I'll get her to break... yes I will..."

She changes up her tone back to normal, quickly. "In any case, Misato and Benkei have been as energetic as ever. While I haven't heard of any diciplinary issues, they have been average children... well, average Nova children. But I digress."

"I wasn't aware there was such a thing, yet." He chuckles softly. "You may win the bet, but you will give her one of your top of the line terminals complete with easy to use interface. If you can work in some sort of typewriter function or set-up that would be good too. She's going to be guiding the next generation, she should do so with the best ech available."

The door to the twins' room slid open and they both stood there looking at the elder nova pair. Then they both broke into a run for him. Long nodded to her and released Endeavor as he knelt down to scoop up his adopted children in his arms. "Uncle Ryu!" they both shouted in unison. He pulled them both close to him as they both wrapped their arms around his neck.

Long looked up at Endeavor and smiled, knowing that this was only the beginning, but that they would face it together as a family.

Sakurako looks back at Long, knowing full well she is looking at a new Long. To her he seemed more calm, composed. Much more of the person she loved long before but never got to know.

"Well, if I would have known sooner that you were coming back, Ryu, I would have had the twins meet you first here."

She smiles, beginning to realize this will be what she comes home to every night. What she will have the priveledge of watching grow, and the responsibility that comes with it.

She pats her belly, wondering what will come next.

I didn't quite expect how things went today Sakurako, but at least my return home has been pleasant." He looks to each of his adopted children and smiles. "You two haven't been causing any problems have you?"

They both shake their heads ferverently in the negative and he laughs. "We've been good the wole time like you asked us to be. Mama Sakurako and Ms. Aino have been teaching us lots of cool new stuff." Benkei's use of the "M" word suprised Long who looked up toSakurako with a smile and a question in his eyes. Misato confirmed it with her words. "They've both taken good care of us. You aren't going to send them away now that you're back are you Father?"

Long looked down to her, the daughter he'd adopted and kissed her lightly on the forehead. "No, they're both staying. We'll all be a family, I promise."

"Will Aunt Saori come back?" Benkei again, asking the hard question this time. Long nodded. "If she wishes to retturn home I won't stop her. She is family after all." Beneath the words, Sakurako could here a degree of pain. His thoughts turned to Timeslip, and moreso to Yokiko, the daghter he'd be forced to write off for the safety of the rest.

"We are a strong family, a good family. It is my goal to maintain that."

"Long? What's wrong?"

Hearing the tone of his voice worries her. She thought that coming out of a chrysalis, although taxing, would have it's effects pass...

"Maybe we should come inside so you can sit down."

She starts heading for the portal into the estate. "Kyoko! Get some chairs ready in the kitchen! We're coming inside!"

He nods to the children as he sets them down and the dutifully go inside. "Sakurako, nothing is wrong with us. I am just being forced to realize I will have yet another child I won't get to watch grow up." There's a bitterness in his voice that he can't hide.

"Timeslip's child is pretty much lost to me because if she comes here Utopia will be right upon her heels. She will grow up on the run, grow up a Terat without any ideas of the other choices, and probably grow up to think of humanity of nothing but contemptible savages. That's what I worry about. But despite all my power the only way I could change it would be to rip our daughter away from Timeslip. I cannot do that to someone I love, especially to her, considering the past."

Sakurako is shocked by Long's tone. "I wasn't referring to what happened between you and Timeslip, I gathered that already. I mean YOU, Personally. You don't look well at all. At least by what I gather. You're in physical pain!"

Sakurako starts to have tears well up in her eyes. "I know what happened is pinful tot he soul, but I don't really know the effects of a Chrysalis after you emerge. You're weak, tired."

"Maybe you should leave dormancy. The energy you have when in your normal state should help..."

I'm not dormed Sakurako." As if to prove his point his tail waves about beside him. "When I awoke from Chrysalis I felt total Clarity. the price however is beginning to become evident. Using other abilities to shift my forms and needs has become quite painful, where before it was easy and fluid. I chose to wear this form so that I didn't upset you when I came back, or frighten you."

Sakurako blinks, realizing her error... "Oh... I... honestly didn't know. But why are you afraid of your true form frightening me? Is it... hideous or something?"

She wonders what it truely is. "Ryu... I chose you because appearance or power or even who you were was important. Would I have helped you with Shen Long otherwise?"

She thinks for a moment. "Ryu... you don't have to if you don't want to..."

He nods at her mention of his mentor. "Speaking of." His eyes close and again his muscles and bone crack and pop as he reassumes his natural form. He's left kneeling for a moment as his Eufiber reshapes back into simple shorts leaving him exposed, respelendent in his snow-white and black striped fur.

He stands, drawing himself up to his full height. " Like so many other things, I take after my adoptive father. Considering your history with him, what you've seen of what he's done, I didn't want you to be shocked into premature labor. No precaution is too great with regards to our children."

Sakurako wasn't suprised. Knowing who Ryu was, knowing his lineage, it almost made sense. "You should never have worried, Long. If you were anything like him... I would be dead already. Seeing you come bak more in control than you were even before you went into chrysalis... seeing you grow..."

She smiles, proud of her beloved.

"The only emotion I feel right now is regret... regret I didn't decide to be by your side sooner."

"The past is done my love, there should be no regret. We have the present.." he reaches down and pats her stomach softly fith his left hand even as his tail brushes her leg.. "..and the future to be together. Knowing that I can face tomorrow with a smile. We will face whatever comes together, as family."

With that he leads her into the house at the table that the children and Origami had already set.

Origami is setting the table, her stomach grumbling. She had been thinking more about writing and watching the twins than taking care of some of her basic needs.

She has always been suprised that she even got hungry as a Nova, but it doesn't matter to her. She's pigged out and never had to get a new wardrobe in the process. She sees Sakurako and Long walk in, as the twins work on the last table settings.

"Hey! So there's the proud couple!"

Long chuckles and nods to Origami. " I am proud. Of Endeavor for keeping things together in my absence, of my children for continuing their studies and of you for doing succh a great job with them." He looks over to Saito seated at the other end of the table and quietly walks over and hugs his younger brother. "You as well little brother, for putting up with me and all the other novas that comprise our family."

Saito smiles. "You see to the needs of everyone, and provide for them when you cannot be around, just life our Father."

Long is somewhat shocked by the comparison but nods. "Thank you."

Long returns to his seat at the head of the table and waits for everyone to be seated before he fixxes his plate. Once that is done he nods.

"So, tell me what I have missed in my absence."

"Well, I guess to everyone's shock absolutely nothing to report. Things have been... quiet. Scaringly quiet to be honest. I've been busy ether tutoring the little ones or working on my writing. Sakurako's been busy, with what I don't know. She'll probably fill you un sooner or later..." Sakurako nods, sitting next to Long, and putting her hand on his. "...To be honest things have gone well."

"Good, then the money was well spent. Your protection was a close second to the thoughts of Chrysalis before I left, I'm happy it was all done well. I'd hate to think my old friends had gone soft after all these years. I trust Cade has done his part for all this as well."

He nods to Endeavor. "How have you and your company fared while I was away?"

"Well, things are looking good. Our finances are stable with some nice profits being made in the peripherals and outdoors divisions. things are slow in the aerospace market, but that is more of a seasonal issue."

She leans back.

"I've sort of condensed the corporation back to Tokyo, with the branches overseas overseeing all operations instead of a division branch being in a different city. It's made retention of employees easier, to be honest. Then again, having a North American, European, and Australian division pretty much covers things. I only need 1 HQ in each division."

She laughs, realizing she's rambling.

"Sorry... went off on a tangent."

Long relishes the sound of Endeavor's laughter. "it's ok Sakurako, we all do that from time to time."

The night went on with the family sitting and catching up on things. After dinner Long put the twins to sleep and Saito retired to his room, leaving the three adult novas to themselves.

"I do not know how you normally do things but You are welcome to stay here in one of the guest bedrooms tonight Kyoko. As for me, I am somewhat tired, I haven't recovered fully from Chrysalis, and I believe a catnap is in order."

"That's not necessary. Sakurako lets me use most of her offices in Jinbocho now. Odd living in what seems like a schoolhouse linked with a space station. Quite a contradiction in terms, but it is more than generous."

She laughs a bit before changing the subject. "So... you're the Daddy huh? Sakurako never mentioned who the father is untill I found out today when you arrived. Why is she so nervous about the pregnancy?"

"I am a Terat who is also an Elite. I do have enemies that still remain." His face turns dour. "And probably of greater concern is my Wife, Timeslip. I'm sure you know what happened in Amsterdam. She too is carrying my child, and pregnant women aren't exactly known for being level-headed and rational all the time."

"I am not affraid of my wife, but she sees things in far less human terms than I do, even now. I made a cchoice, and I stand by the one I made when I slept with Sakurako. I love her, she loves me. We both knew going in it wouldn't be easy, but We accepted the consequences of our actions."

He smiles. "I figured someone would have told you the story by now to be honest." His eyes shift to Endeavor with a playful glint, even as his tail coils around her left leg. "You even managed to maintain a blackout in our home, impressive. I trust Neil knows, considering he's probably the best nova physician around."

He nods to Origami. "I know there is some "dishonor" in what goes on here, but it will pass. The children are the future of us novas. It is my hope that others recognize that."

"I've discovered that Sakurako usually has a reason for her actions. Something tells me she has a reason for this too."

She looks towards Long. "Dishonor?" She says, laughing. "Sorry... I don't measure things like that. Obviously, there is a need within novakind to reproduce, and as far as I know, that is the right of all life. Do what you will."

Archived