[OpNet] [Journal: Velvet] October 23rd

Velvet

So, happy birthday to me. 24 years ago, the first in a long line of men smacked me on the ass, made me scream, and sent me on my way.

How many people are going to stroll through my life, disappoint me, and end up with a couple of rounds whizzing past their ears/knees when I catch them screwing around? How many times do I have to brush people off who might actually be sincere because I expect to be disappointed? It'd be easier if I didn't set the guidelines for myself that I do, and I just rummaged around in their heads until I found out what makes them all tick, but I can't reconcile doing that with being the person I want to be.

I guess I can't complain too much. I've had my fun, I've made some good friends, and I've gotten the one thing I really wanted with Babylon. As much as I love the place, though, and the fact that it lets me give people a place to let their hair down and unwind, things still seem kind of on the empty side here. Maybe it's like the old saying goes... "The price of getting what you want is getting what you once wanted."

So anyway, here's to me, my fuckups and my successes, and here's hoping next year will be better... And, for Chrissakes, filled with a little less introspection and self-flagellation.

Archived