Windy City... Daycare?

Warren Verona

Hey all. So far I hope you the story so far, it was an idea I thought up off the cuff almost a week ago while shopping for groceries. I know, sometimes the Muses boot you in the ass at the strangest times.

I would like to make a few points so every understands a few things.

First, thank you to everyone who as allowed me the rights to 'borrow' their character. Please understand that I'm not the player of said characters so my translation of them may be a bit off. I'm sorry in advance, but please be sure that I will do my best to give each character the proper respect they are due. Personally I feel the story is just as much about them as it is about Revenant.

Second, I hope people do not perceive this story as "Everyone works for Revenant". That's not the case at all. I'm hoping to portray that there are several individuals working with Revenant to investigate an assassination and hopefully to prevent another from occurring. Since everyone is working all at once it is difficult for me to shoot around and write 'chapters' about each individual pouring over data or patrolling the dark pits of the black market.

Third, this is a role-playing game, not real life. I'm omitting certain details about the 'due process' and I might even make a few for the sake of complicating the story and giving the characters a headache. Those who dissect it will most likely find inconsistencies, and I'm okay with that.

At any rate, I hope you're enjoying reading it as much as I'm enjoying writing it.

Archived