Character Contest - Month Four

Ashnod

While we await the results of the Sakurako stories, I'm going to go ahead and jump start the next month.

He's bigger!

He's BADDER!

And if there's a molecule out there, he knows how to make some SWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEET lovin' with it.

Give up for the atomic master of love...

ALCHEMIST!

Submissions for Alchemist end on the 17th of May.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the long wait before responding. I've been away for a bit, and just got home.

In order of appearance:

Samhra - Very nice. I expected a few pieces with Alchemist and his kids since I haven't gotten to that myself yet. This is pretty much how I pictured that scene myself, so It's definitely cannon.

Prodigy - Heh heh. 'What if Lemmy errupted with Alchemist's powers?', right? Or is it 'What if Alchemist errupted as a teenager?' Either way, it's funny, and it gives a good look at how he could thoroughly abuse his talents, if he so chose.

Jager - This is great. It's an angle I've thought of, and tried to express in my posting, but for which I've never had a reason or an idea to write a story on. You captured Alchemist perfectly, in both his motivations and his methods. Definitely Cannon.

Totem - I really like this story. It's just the sort of thing Alchemist would do if he had the abilities, and something he'd angst over even if the end result wouldn't kill anyone directly. I'm not going to make it cannon simply because Alchemist isn't that powerful, and the 'wonder virus' featured in the story is potentially world breaking by simply existing.

Ashnod - I enjoyed this a great deal, though I'm not sure I can say I liked it. It challenges how I perceive Alchemist, twists him in subltle but important ways. I've always looked at him as able to see the chemistry within an individual, and marvel at the complexity that is the chemistry of life. But this is an equally valid idea, and honestly it would be more interesting to play with. I'm going to make this cannon, from before his trip to Mars. It's a good explanation of why he hasn't been going to see his children very often, and something for him to struggle with as he develops. Thanks.

Out of them all, I think I liked Jager's the best, but it was a very close thing.

Thanks, everybody!

Archived