Aberrant: Nova Reality - The Optimal Solution

Damanor

"That's shit, Digi. You're your own nova and this isn't a competition. If you want to make this place your home, I will fade into the night. They really need you more than they need me, anyway. I really wanted to make sure this deal got off the ground and the novas here learned to work together. That's happening now. Stay."

"Besides, they need a private dick alot more than someone who thinks like an elite and isn't here when they need them. You know I have commitments all over the place, and that means I can't always be here. Also, leaving just when the heat starts coming on isn't good for your rep."

"True...."

He sighs again, knowing he probably pissed Jager off a bit.

"Look, if you want me to stay, that's cool. Just... clue me in once in a while when you're doing something WCK related. You see, with me... Information is an important commodity. I know you want to be careful and not show your hand when the cameras are on, but when they're off, I need to know... everything."

He looks foreward heading to the place he asked someone to create into a safehouse.

"I'm just sorta pissed that my first little stab into this was unsuccessful. I checked the Morgue, looking at who croaked. It seems the Security Guard there was one of those wrong place, wrong time types. I tried digging info on him... nothing has turned up yet, or probably never. So, we head over here... and I introduce you to the guy you asked me to pick up."

"Okay. Let me have a little chat with our friend, then I will show you about with what I've been doing the past few months. Hook you into my contact network, so to speak. We may even get to bust in some heads."

"Besides, you created this little hideaway and caught that last camera."

"I'd prefer we didn't overstep our bounds. We're the clean-up squad. But I'm sure I could release a few hounds if pointed in the right direction."

He smirks knowing what Jager had in mind.

"We can talk after you're done with your form of data extraction. I gotta see Bandwidth and see if he's gotten any new bits and bytes I can work my mojo with. That and I gotta call the Police Chief in Minneapolis and see if she has been having any problems with this drug in her city recently. Might see how far spread this new drug is, and possibly hint at the distributor."

He nods, thinking of his plan, and appoving of his initiative.

"So, if you'll excuse me... I'll leave you to him. And I might see April again. Every time I see her... *sigh*"

A few minutes later and Jager emerges from the room. Sounds of sobbing can be heard inside, the sounds of a man spiritually broken.

Jager stops in the doorway and says over his shoulder,

"You had better get far away from here. Far, far away."

With that, Jager heads out.

Thirty minutes later, Jager is in a room with one Matt Green. One shattered finger, splintered at the first joint, has gotten his drugged-out mind's attention. The second finger was required to get the name of the next fish up the chain.

"Olsen," he communicates with Bandwidth. "Yeah, he runs a crew up on the North side, though he's not actually in the Syndicate. Gather the crew and let's go hunting."

That said, Jager leaves the room by way of the window and disappears into the night.

Inside the room, Matt craddles his hand and thinks of his humiliation. A slow, pain-filled, confusing process leads him to thoughts of revenge. He pulls himself off his ruined sofa, coddling his throbbing hand, grabs his keys and heads out to his '98 Hyundai.

As he pulls away, Jager's eyes narrow and a sinister glint comes to his eyes.

"Bandwidth, he's on the move. I will let you know when he leads me to Olsen."

"Yeah, I'll stay safe."

With that, Jager starts leaping from rooftop to rooftop to vacant lot.

Archived