Trinity Universe: A Brighter Tomorrw

Dr. Zero

A Brighter Tomorrow is about two things... One one side, what kind of person chooses to devote their life to the ideal of a greater world? To become a public symbol of all the hope our future holds even in the light of great adversity and darkness even from within? The other side, the side off cameras, is the human side of these heros. What does a world protector do on their day off? Who do they love? What quirks do they hide? Who would be their friends? What skeletons do they hide in their closet?

This is a game that explores both the heroic side and the human side of the heros of Project Utopia, their successes and failures, their loves and losses and their day to day life, both heroic and mundane.

Set in 2008 just a few months after the Slider incident.

30 Nova points, make them count.

Interesting Chars are important, but remember that a regular booring cable repairman turned Nova is FAR more interesting than career soldier/black ops ninja/FBI assassin etc... turned Nova.

Also think of motivations in 2008 - Money, Power, Cleaning up the world (Utopian Ideals but more direct?), Early Teragen Theory, Blossoming Nova Philosphy... etc...

All characters are employed by Utopia.

For Contacts/Allies/Backing, feel free to use known personalities of the Aberrant world but check with me for the dot amount.

Merits/Flaws only if they are really well thought out and will have solid effect in game. Expect me to use Flaws as often as your merits help you out, if I accept them. Strengths and weaknesses are acceptable apon request/approval. They will be more likely accepted to make a cool custom power than if they are used to make a munchkin power. All basic rulebooks accepted, though the time is still 2008 so dont use tech developed later than that and only the good stuff with GOOD reason. You may find the Elites book useful, but dont go shopping crazy. Those toys are for the big boys and in the future a bit, mostly.

Also remember that Utopia TRAINS their Novas in Military Stuff, Languages, Cultures, Technology, Psychology and generally any practical technical or social skills possibly applicable. All chars would most likely know at least two languages, have more than basic hand to hand and etiquette and manners training. Think "Would Utopia be proud to call me one of its Novas, a cut above the average?"

And before you ask it, YES these skill points come out of your initial Nova phase 30 NP. The point of this is to reflect that a 30 NP Nova is not a newly erupted Nova but one who has had their powers for long enough to have done something with them.

Also cool background stuff you can give me, religion, family life, hobbies, emotional baggage, etc... will help us flesh out a better world with more realistic characters.

Im pretty iffy on taint higher than 5. In 2008, even a taint of 4 is not super common.

One more thing, for the record dots in eufiber are the equiv of the same in another background. So before EVERYONE takes Eufiber 5, which I know many of you will, think "would my character spend 10,000,000 on a suit?" Thats the rationale, regardless of the soak and Q-Storing.

Eufiber... IF you want Eufiber 5, you must have backing 3 AND resources 4 because a suit of clothes that costs 10,000,000 ish bucks isnt given to any john on the street. ALSO it IS something that people tend to remember if someone left an orginization so no "Well Utopia gave it to me but I left so thats why I live in a cardboard box with a suit that costs the same as a small country" I will screen exceptions but after I have seen one or two, I will no longer consider any more.

Backgrounds: I WILL use them if you put points into them. If you want to have contacts/allies/mentor then ask me for creative ways to use them. I am happy to accomodate. Think of this as a fully interactive world in that aspect.

Think about your characters weaknesses. I dont always mean physical but something that your character is affected deeply by. He might be super humanitarian, he might be really stubborn, he might be lactose intolerant... EVERYONE has weakness. I want to know a few spots of weakness for all the chars to prevent the wolverine syndrome.

Here is a list of things I want on your char, that will help flesh them out.

Spouse/Girlfriend and Children and their relationship... specially with the Elite lifestyle

Their religion and what role it plays

Something your character loves

Something your character hates

Something you character is afraid of

The precepts of the "code" your character follows... things that matter (honesty, human sanctity, being seen as the strongest, personal honor, always winning...)

A few things you would find in that characters apartment that one might not expect

A human anticdote to illustrate your better nature

A Nova story to illustrate who you can become when you needs to

Anything else that will add to a good character in an interesting world

Archived