Character Update: Revenant

Warren Verona

During his recent harrowing, and through the long months of trying to 'feel what it's like to live again', Revenant's compassion and reevaluation of his personality has taught him a new gift.

Bare in mind, Revenant's powers are based on a belief system, not science. He believes he reaches into peoples souls and that all life is conected to that mythical ephemeral object that none have never seen or will. Therefore, his powers manifest from this belief. We all know he's not really Death's Avatar, or that he isn't ripping souls out from bodies for some great harvest, but with out the flair we'd all have some boring PCs eh?

I'm posting this because I haven't edited his sheet yet. The reason is simple, this power takes him in a bit of a new direction so I want feedback from everyone before I make it permanent. Obviously I will include the power, and justification for it below.

Congratulations Revenant!

Courage and wit have served thee well, thou hast been promoted to the next level!

New Power Gained: Healing!

Weakness: May only be used on individuals who are close to death. This power will only function on a baseline or nova whose health levels are at INC. This power does not heal health level, it immediately stabalizes a persons condition and prevents death from claiming them.

Justification: Revenant has slowly mastered how to extrat the life a from soul through malice and hatered. By tapping his compassion has he has now learned to locate and spark that flicker of life within every soul, claiming them from Death's embrace.

For some, it's not thier time. For others, it's a gift he may grant rarely. He knows all to well that everyone, sometimes, needs a second chance.

Mechanics:Granted, this may seem like a rather useless application of heal, since we all know once you one box below INC your dead. Frankly, I always thought that was a bit lame, as a house rule we always gave a person a number of negative HLs equal to thier stamina... kinda like bleeding to death in D&D or Damage Overflow Boxes in Shadowrun.

However, that's niether here nor there. This power is not meant as a utility power. Revenant is not the 'healer' type of character. He tilts more towards a mystic force of nature and I feel this application of the power fits his 'Avatar' theme. The power to create and the power to destroy.

It will be used soley as a role playing aid. For those curious, no, Revenant can not raise the dead. He only does, flawlessly, with a touch what modern medicine tries to accomplish now (CPR, defibrillator, adreniline shots, etc) to bring a person back from dying, not death.

Medically, you usually have about 8 - 10 minutes I think, after that you are brain dead and that's about it...

Comments. Concerns. Anything you think I should edit or change, lemme know.

For the record... before someone asks, no, Revenant cannot use this power on himself. Since you cannot use powers when you are at INC, and this power only functions when you are at INC, it goes without saying that it would not function.

Figured I'd clear that up before someone asked.

Archived