For group input: Hinopolymer.

Sakurako Hino

The discussion in the OpNet FAQ thread on my Hinopolymer got my but into gear. Here's what I got. It's pretty old (I came up with the first version in 1999. I changed that date though with this recent update of the file), so if it still seems sort of rough or going in the wrong direction, this is why I'm posting it. For Input so I can get this right. I want it to work.

Hinopolymer - Latest Write-Up Version

I've been split on wether to have it as a background, or just as a form of tech. I wasn't sure if it was powerful enough to necessitate such a thing.

Let's get this ball rolling.

Okay, how does it add to other forms of protection? Also, is there a limitation to what it can be applied to?

Also, if Memory fiber was added to "normal" hardened armor, would is subtract from it? I am thinking about chameleon suits of hardened body armor gear.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
Okay, how does it add to other forms of protection? Also, is there a limitation to what it can be applied to?

Also, if Memory fiber was added to "normal" hardened armor, would is subtract from it? I am thinking about chameleon suits of hardened body armor gear.
I think your second question is valid because I wasn't too clear. What I think it should be phrased more clearly that Hinopolymer isn't "applied" to a pre-existing item. Instead the stats of the item are of the class of Hinopolymer it is made from.

As for protection, It only adds to something when you're wearing something made of the material. Again, refer to my answer of your second question.

Then as for the memory modification, it's only to change the shape of the item made. (For instance a powered glider that, when triggered, can change into a parasail). It's not really an important modification. It's more of a fluff addition. (Who wouldn't mind a baggy jumpsuit that with a push of a button becomes a form-fitting catsuit?)

As for chamelion modifications... I still gotta come up with stuff for that photophore technology I thought up.

What would be the protective value of a full, hardened suit of this stuff?

Full Body Armor is 6/6, 15 Dest. with a -2 penalty.

What would a suit of HinoPolymer Full Body Armor be like?

I also look at the aplication of an omni-Tool, where various currents make one device into various other tools.

The numbers I have are sort of low, but I think that a HP suit should be comparable to a normal suit. Although a HP suit of full armor would resemble stormtrooper plate.

Multi-Tool huh? I never thought of that. There is still alot I have to write about this little thing I made, it looks like.

Archived