Trinity RPG - Tales from Eden: Namesake

Sujatmi

The Legionnaire shivered as she looked over the ruins of a place once called Denpasar. Her grandmother had once said this was a tourist destination before the Aberrant War, destroyed in a battle between two of the mutant freaks. Her grandmother had also said that another aberrant, one called Sujatmi, had defended the human population against them both. Being told she was called Sujatmi after the 'hero' was not a happy thing to hear.

Sujatmi was a woman of many faces. It was said that she could take on the guise of any person, man or woman, who came under her gaze and pierce the deceptions woven by the evil with a single gaze. To the refugees of Bali, she was considered a semi-divine figure despite Aeon-Trinity's attempts to educate them. Aberrant cults were deadly and dangerous, Sujatmi the Bald had been told, and she tried to educate her people likewise. But no one was listening. Sujatmi Rais was a hero, a saviour.

Rock crunched and the Legionnaire spun around with her guns at the ready, only to be faced by a slight Asian woman with dirty, stained clothing and a sad expression. "Sujatmi the Bald," she said softly, her English accented and stilted. "Have you come to kill me too?"

Sujatmi the Bald did not bother replying, but unleashed a barrage of bullets at the aberrant, who danced around them, jerking from place to place as if the impact propelled her forward. The aberrant then plucked the guns out of her hands and tossed them away, her expression still sad.

"I am sorry, namesake," she said regretfully. "I had hoped you would not come here."

"Aberrant filth!" Sujatmi the Bald spat at the aberrant 'hero', the white foam dripping down a flawless eggshell-brown cheek. Those almond-shaped black eyes, lacking epicanthic folds, burrowed past her mental defences deep into her heart.

"Great-granddaughter, go home. Go back to the Legion and never return."

Sujatmi the Bald was horrified. She was ... descended ... from this freak? Never! She screamed her denial, her defiance, ignoring the tears running down the aberrant's face.

"I am sorry," was the last thing she heard as blackness overtook her vision.

-------------------------------------------------

Sujatmi the Bald came striding from the ruins of Denpasar, carrying the corpse of a twisted aberrant. No one knew who the freak had been, but they knew that the twisted ones were deadly, unlike the hero Sujatmi Rais.

A new battle was to be fought. New enemies had arisen and Sujatmi had to fight them to preserve the people and the law.

Serve and protect. Never forget.

Archived