Aberrant RPG - Comic Book Heroes

Ah. I realize that my last post might have been on the... offensive side. Accept my apologies.

However, I will take my time to sit down and try to convert some of these (great!) characters into Aberrant stats. As always, this will assume some creative liberties, but this goes for everything in this vein.

I mean, honestly; what Abilities will you dot down for (say) Rogue of the X-men? We´re all fairly familiar with her powers as well as her personality, but do you reckon she knows how to drive a car? Handle a computer?

And still we try; if someone feels like flaming the living hell out of me because I do not have the same POV of a favourite comic character as they do... screw them.

Really.

This is about having fun, right?

Take care, now.

------------------

If you love something - set it free.

And if it will not return to you - hunt it down... and kill it.

Err, I´m not quite sure that I´m with you here.

Rouge is supposed to be a mystery? Is there anything about her that hasn´t been revealed, re-chewed and re-run? She´s been with the X-men a loong time; before that, while she was still running around performing evil deeds with stepmommy dearest, she was bit of a mystery. But now? About as much as Superman.

So, why not a fair comparison? We´re talking of jotting down stats for (ex.) Midnighter here; that´s mystery for you. You have to go by gut feeling and make a few judgment calls.

The point I was trying to make was this: Much as when a new script writer enters a comic, this will always be a case of individual viewpoints. Much as when Chris Claremont took over writing duties for the X-men, and everyone was complaining about how he didn´t get the characters right.

Now, his views are canon.

That´s the world for you.

------------------

If you love something - set it free.

And if it will not return to you - hunt it down... and kill it.

Hey all,

No write-ips or anything here, just curious about a few things done when making these characters. namely, if you used teh power rating examples from the Players Guide or not. Looking at that, and then at some of the write-ups posted here, I can't help but think some of them are either under/over powered or made mostly one-dimensional. I'm not trying to be offensive, and my apologies if I sound that way. I'm just curious. Maybe once I get some free time, I'll post a few of my own. Who knows? Anyhow, have fun!

The only comic characters I've done up for Aberrant back when I was seeing what this system would do were some of the X-Men 2099 (Meanstreak, Xian Chi Xan, La Lunatica, Bloodhawk and one of their enemies, Trance).

And of course a version of the Legionnaire Ultra Boy, since I was in a campy mood.

Ultra Boy, for those not in the know, has basically superboys powers, but only one at a time. He has to choose whether or not he is going to be strong, fast, invulnerable, able to fly, able to fire heat beams or able to see through walls/at great ranges.

I rewrote the basic idea later into an Apache girl who had 1 dot of Flight, Enhanced Move (Running), Armor, Quantum Bolt and Mega-Strength, as well as three Dots of a special level three power called Quantum Boost. The Quantum Boost dots didn't do anything by themselves, but she could spend 1 to 3 quantum points to assign the Dots to any of her pre-existing Quantum powers or attributes, but they all had to be assigned to only one thing at a time and she couldn't split them up. So at any time, she could spend 3 quantum and have a Quantum Bolt of 4, OR an Armor of 4, OR a Mega-Strength of 4, OR Flight 4 OR Enhanced Move 4.

She could never raise something over her Quantum level (and she only had a Quantum 4, so she wouldn't benefit from anything higher yet), and the duration was Maintenance, so she didn't always have one of her abilities at power 4, she actually had to choose to assign the points at cost.

Her name was Sky (both her real name and her Nova sobriquet) and the energy appeared as a bright electric blue radiance that would move about her when she 'Boosted' one of her abilities.

actually I know alot about the legion (having liked them prior to the zero hour fiasco which I'm still mad about).

Ultraboy would have to have lets see all the same powers as superboy and activate them all seperatly, but some of the powers, if I read my Legion source book from Mayfair right, would activate as a package and others would be totally singular.

anyway it's an interesting idea from a developing nova. Potentially one of the worlds most powerful but until he matures he can't focus the energy right. cool.

Quickie stats:

Ultraboy - Jo Nah:

Str: 4 Cha: 3 Per: 3

Dex: 3 Man: 3 Int: 2

Sta: 5 App: 3 Wit: 4

Willpower: 4 Quantum: 3 Taint: 6

Powers:

Package 1: Mega-dexterity: 3(Accuracy, Rapid strike, Enhanced movement); Flight: 4; Hypermovement – Running Flying: 4

Package 2: Mega-stamina: 4(adaptation, regeneration, health, resiliency), Armor: 5

Separate powers: Mega-strength: 4(Lifter, shockwave, thunderclap); Mega-perception: 3(em vision, high end em scan, Hyperhearing); Quantum Bolt – Flash Vision: 4

Aberrations: Can only use 1 package or power at a time. Can not combine powers unless they are already in a package. Switch between powers takes 1 turn.

Soltares - Cool, post them. I loved the 2099 world until it all went to hell.

[This message has been edited by Sidious (edited 08-19-2001).]

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while since I posted something here and I got kinda bored lately so here's somemore heroes and villains.

---------------------------------------------

Wonder Woman:

Str: 5 Cha: 4 Per: 4

Dex: 5 Man: 4 Int: 4

Sta: 5 App: 5 Wit: 4

Abilities:

Might: 4; Athletics: 4; Martial Arts: 4; Melee: 3; Pilot: 3; Stealth: 3; Endurance: 4; Resistance: 4; Awareness: 2; Investigation: 2; History: 3; Mythology – Greek/roman: 4; Bureaucracy: 1; Computer: 2; Intrusion: 2; Linguistics: 4; Medicine: 3; Survival: 3; Arts: 2; Rapport: 3; Style: 3; Subterfuge: 3; Command: 2

Backgrounds:

Allies: 3; Resources: 4

Willpower: 8 Quantum: 3 Taint:

Powers:

Mega-strength: 4(Lifter, Precision, Shockwave, Thunderclap); Mega-dexterity: 2(Enhanced Movement, Physical Prodigy); Mega-stamina: 3(Adaptation, Regeneration, Resiliency); Flight: 2; Hyper – Flight & Running: 1

Aberrations:

Green Lantern:

Str: 3 Cha: 3 Per: 3

Dex: 4 Man: 4 Int: 2

Sta: 3 App: 3 Wit: 3

Abilities:

Brawl: 2; Athletics: 3; Awareness: 2; Bureaucracy: 2; Computer: 2; Medicine: 1; Science: 1; Arts: 3; Rapport: 2; Style: 2; Perform: 2

Backgrounds:

Gadget: 6; Allies: 3

Willpower: 8 Quantum: 0 Taint: 0

Equipment: Power Ring: Quantum: 5, Quantum Pool: 80; Powers: Mega-Stamina: 2(Adaptation, Regeneration); Armor: 4; Elemental Mastery – Green energy: 5 (Shaping, Wall, Imprison, Shield, Blast); Flight – Underwater: 5; Force Field – Projection (Fixed Result): 5; Hyper-Flight: 5; Quantum Construct: 5;

Taint: 4

Aberrations: Quantum may only be regained Every 24hrs from a battery

Hawkman:

Str: 4 Cha: 3 Per: 4

Dex: 4 Man: 3 Int: 3

Sta: 5 App: 4 Wit: 4

Abilities:

Brawl: 5; Might: 2; Athletics: 3; Melee: 4; Stealth: 3; Endurance: 3; Resistance: 3; Investigation: 2; History – Egyptology: 4; Engineering: 2; Medicine: 2; Science: 3; Pilot - Planes: 4; Command: 6

Backgrounds:

Gadget: 4; Resources: 4

Willpower: 7 Inspiration: 9

Knacks:

Eagle Eyes; Lightning Reflexes; One-Man Army; Resilient; Universally Deadly

Intuitive: 3 Reflective: 3 Destructive: 3

Equipment: Wings: Power: Flight: 2

Wildcat:

Dex: 5 Man: 4 Int: 3

Sta: 5 App: 3 Wit: 4

Abilities:

Brawl – Streetfighting, Boxing: 6; Might: 4; Athletics: 4; Firearms: 2; Melee: 3; Stealth: 4; Endurance: 4; Resistance: 4; Awareness: 3; Investigation: 2; Medicine: 2; Survival: 3; Drive - Motorcycle: 3; Intimidation: 4; Interrogation: 4; Savvy: 4; Rapport: 3

Backgrounds:

Contacts: 4; Allies: 4

Willpower: 8 Inspiration: 7

Knacks:

Death Defiance; Enhanced Impact; Fists of Stone; Lightning Reflexes; One-Man Army; Untouchable

Intuitive: 3 Reflective: 1 Destructive: 3

Dr. Mid-nite:

Str: 3 Cha: 3 Per: 3

Dex: 4 Man: 3 Int: 4

Sta: 4 App: 4 Wit: 3

Abilities:

Athletics: 4; Firearms: 2; Martial Arts – Tae kwon Do: 4; Melee: 2; Stealth: 3; Resistance: 3; Awareness: 4; Investigation: 2; Biology: 4; engineer: 3; Medicine: 4; Style: 4; Etiquette: 3; Rapport: 4

Background:

Gadget: 4; Resources: 5

Willpower: 5 Inspiration: 5

Knacks:

Blindfighter; Mad Scientist

Intuitive: 2 Reflective: 3 Destructive: 0

Equipment: Goggles: Allow for sight in normal light, High End EM Scan; Blackout Bomb: Shroud: 4

Flaws: Blind

Thor:

Dex: 5 Man: 4 Int: 3

Sta: 5 App: 4 Wit: 3

Abilities:

Brawl: 5; Athletics: 5; Melee - Hammer: 5; Throwing – Hammer: 5

Backgrounds:

Gadget: 6

Willpower: 7 Quantum: 4 Taint:

Powers:

Mega-strength: 5(Lifter, Shockwave, Thrower, Thunder Clap); Mega-dexterity: 4(Accuracy, Enhanced Initiative, Physical Prodigy, Quickness); Mega-stamina: 3(Adaptation, Health, Regeneration, Tireless, Long Lived)

Equipment: Mjolnir: Quantum: 5, Damage: Str + 11B, Powers: Flight: 5, Force Field (fixed results): 4, Quantum Bolt – Lightning: 5, Quantum Leech: 5, Warp: 5, Weather Manipulation: 5

Ironman:

Str: 2 Cha: 4 Per: 3

Dex: 2 Man: 4 Int: 5

Sta: 2 App: 4 Wit: 4

Abilities:

Brawl: 2; Might: 2; Firearms: 2; Melee: 2; Stealth: 1; Endurance: 2; Investigation: 3; Bureaucracy: 4; Engineering: 6; Linguistics: 3; Medicine: 4; Science: 6; Survival: 2; Drive: 2; Pilot – Armor: 4; Style: 3; Subterfuge: 3; Etiquette: 3

Background:

Gadget: 5; Resources: 6; Allies: 4; Backing: 6; Influence: 2; Reputation: 4; Sanctuary: 3

Willpower: 5 Inspiration: 6

Knacks:

Mad Scientist

Intuitive: 2 Reflective: 2 Destructive: 2

I'll do his armor seperatly later

Dr Doom:

Str: 3 Cha: 4 Per: 5

Dex: 3 Man: 4 Int: 5

Sta: 3 App: 0 Wit: 5

Abilities:

Brawl: 2; Athletics: 2; Melee: 3; Endurance: 3; Resistance: 3; Academics: 5; Computer: 5; Engineering: 6; Intrusion: 4; Linguistics: 4; Medicine: 6; Science: 6; Intimidation: 4; Subterfuge: 4; Command: 3; Etiquette: 4; Occult – Lore, Spellcraft: 3

Backgrounds:

Allies: 3; Backing: 5; Contacts: 5; Followers: 4; Influence: 5; Equipment: 5; Resources: 6; Sanctuary: 6

Willpower: 8 Inspiration: 10

Knacks:

Cool Hand; Mad Scientist; Sun Tzu’s Blessing; Indisputable Analysis

Intuitive: 3 Reflective: 4 Destructive: 3

Merits: Iron Will; Natural Leader

Flaws: Disfigured

Equipment: (see Special Items)

New and Digitally remastered.

Captain Nazi:

Str: 5 Cha: 3 Per: 3

Dex: 5 Man: 3 Int: 3

Sta: 5 App: 4 Wit: 3

Abilities:

Brawl: 4; Athletics: 3; Firearms: 3; Melee: 3; Intimidation: 4; Command: 3

Backgrounds:

Willpower: 7 Quantum: 2 Taint:

Powers:

Mega-strength: 3(Crush, Shockwave, Thunderclap); Mega-dexterity: 2(Enhanced Movement, Quickness); Mega-Stamina: 3(Health, Hardbody, Regeneration, Resiliency); Armor: 4; Flight: 3; Hyper-flight: 3

Aberrations:

here ya go enjoy.

• 3 months later...

actually i just my new comp upa nd running so that's been taking most of my time latly.

dc 1,000,000 or the jla of 853rd century huh? ok will work on it.

GOOD GOD! what the hell was I on when i was typing this????

as I was trying to slurr out.... I have been having Comp trouble and just recently got my Uber-Computer back.

I will be doing them over the next couple of days when time permits.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Sidious ]

• 1 month later...

Spawn might not be possible. His powers are magical, and he's shown that he can come up with new ways to use his powers on the fly.

Oh yeah, since I got a look at the latest Starman collection, that reminded me we got Jack Knight statted, but not the Shade...

• 2 months later...

If you also happen to play other roleplaying games like Star Wars or AD&D, hundereds more ideas for novas are right at your fingertips. For instance a friend made a Nova that represented a very powerful Jedi. I made a new chrachter that has powers resembling a Wraith (Density Control, Body Morph Gas, Elemental Anima Cold). But, i defiantely agree on comics providing the best subjects, my favorite char being a beefed up rendition of The Incredible Hulk.

• 4 weeks later...

The Powerpuff Girls

Blossom

Note: Mega stats are listed in parentheses

Physical

Strength 3 (2), Dexterity 3, Stamina 3 (4)

Social

Charisma 3 (1), Manipulation 3, Appearance 3 (1)

Mental

Perception 4, Intelligence 4 (1), Wits 3

Enhancements:

Shockwave, Precision, Durability, Resiliency, Regeneration, Awe-Inspiring, Tactical Prodigy

Nature/Demeanor: Leader/Leader

Willpower: 5

Aberrations: Anima Banner: Leaves glowing streaks in the air and makes sound effects.

Quantum: 4 Quantum Pool: 30

Quantum Powers:

Hypermovement 5

Flight 5 (Reduced Quantum Cost)

Invulnerability 3 (Broad Categories Physical & Energy)

Quantum Bolt: Eye Beams 5 (Lethal, Energy)

Backgrounds:

Allies 2 (Mayor & Professor Utonium), Attunement 1, Influence 2, Mentor 2 (Professor Utonium0, Node 3

Buttercup

Physical

Strength 4 (3), Dexterity 3, Stamina 3 (5)

Social

Charisma 3 (1), Manipulation 2, Appearance 3 (1)

Mental

Perception 3 (1), Intelligence 2, Wits 3

Enhancements:

Shockwave, Precision, Durability, Resiliency, Regeneration, Awe-Inspiring, High-End Electromagnetic Scan

Nature/Demeanor: Bravo/Bravo

Willpower: 7

Aberrations: Anima Banner: Leaves glowing streaks in the air and makes sound effects.

Quantum Powers:

Hypermovement 5

Invulnerability 5 (Broad Categories Physical & Energy)

Backgrounds:

Allies 2 (Mayor & Professor Utonium), Attunement 1, Influence 2, Mentor 2 (Professor Utonium0, Node 3

Bubbles

Physical

Strength 3 (2), Dexterity 3, Stamina 3 (4)

Social

Charisma 3 (1), Manipulation 1, Appearance 3 (1)

Mental

Perception 2, Intelligence 2, Wits 2

Enhancements:

Shockwave, Precision, Durability, Resiliency, Regeneration, Awe-Inspiring,

Nature/Demeanor: Caregiver/Caregiver

Willpower: 4

Quantum Powers:

Hypermovement 5

Invulnerability 3 (Broad Categories Physical & Energy)

Immobilize: Ice Breath 5

Backgrounds:

Heh, I've always had a warm and squishy spot for the PPG's :-P

Can't believe you statted them out though, which is kinda funny. I would have thought it more appropriate to use the Toon system for them...? ;-)

Oh, on a related note, I wonder if anyone could do (or would consider doing) some Dragon Ball or Dragon Ball Z stats? It would be somewhat funny to see...

Their powers are definitely higher nova-level... I would assume something like the Kamehameha could reach Quantum Inferno proportions.

• 3 weeks later...

the only question would be how to make them able to go Super Saya-jin (which is obviously a higher power nova form) and still be able to shoot fireballs while dormed down.

for some reason this seems familiar to me, think i might have tried my hand at it once. I'll have to ponder it a while.

(can't wait to think of the stats for oozaru form.) smile

Mojo Jojo

Str:5 Hefts big weapons

Dex:2 Lousy Shot

Sta:5 Obviously..

Int:2 Smart, not bright

Per:4 Pretty sharp sight

Wits:2 Gets hit a lot

Cha:5 Why isn't he still in jail?

App:3 Poor cute little monkey

Man:4 HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Mega-Atts:

Mega-Str:1 Hefts BIG GUNS (Crush)

Mega-Sta:3 Regeneration,Durability, Ressurection

Mega-Int:2 Prodigy (Guns)

Mega-Man:2 Dreadful Mien

Mega-App:3 Mr Nobody (Nobody notices he's a monkey when he's out shopping for eggs)

Quantum 6

Quantum Pool 60

Taint:6

Aberrations : Oversized Exposed Brain

Flaw: Must reiterate, rephrase, and repeat his statements at least 3 times in succession in a sentence--

Mega-Powers:

Quantum Construct 5

Limiter: Mojo must make an Intelligence roll with a +2 dificulty to get exactly what he wants or it malfunctions in some way.

Extra: can also create devices

Extra: Mastery 1 only in regards to range and area of effect and duration, not damage.

eek

Archived