Adventure! RPG - Open message to the Society

I'm looking for some assistance. Recently I was informed of someone who was rumored to be raising the dead (I'm in New Orleans, by the way). Now, anyone who has read the Society's records knows who that points to. The problem was that when I attempted to follow up on the information I was given, I ran into something I couldn't handle, which is damned rare. Saturday's 'zombies' aren't supposed to be nearly as tough as these were. I nearly cut one of them to pieces, and it *put itself back together* and got back up.

For once, I was in over my head. I got out in one piece, but I need to know if anyone has dealt with anything similar to this, and more importantly, what to do about it?

Sender: Dr Emily Moore

Destination: Mr Justin Montoya, New Orleans

Mr Montoya,

Encountered some of Mister Saturday's zombies while I was in Haiti.

None of them put themselves back together after being chopped up. They were pretty tough to stop though.

Suspect you are dealing with something else.

Saturday's zombies don't like salt. Is a traditional weakness of zombies may help you.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

END

Destination: All Offices

Encountered Mr.Saturday Before. These zombies NOT standard fare. May be another person or Saturday may have changed 'recipe'. Proceed with caution. send updates.

END

Inspired chemist I know currently making sodium-based formula to counter 'zombie potion' extracted from zombie 'blood' on my blade. Will test soon...

END

Sender: Dr Emily Moore

Destination: All offices

Sodium Inhibition of potion would make sense of salt sensitivity I saw. Please keep me appraised of the success or failure of your formula.

END

Sender: Justin Montoya

Destination: All offices

Anti-zombie formula tested. Partially successful. Regeneration slowed, but not stopped, zombies still capable of fending me off. Dr C now suspects technological backup to 'zombie potion'. Will try again within days.

Sender: Dr. Hanako Hino

Point of Origin: Tokyo, Japan

Esteemed colleagues. I offer my assistance if you so desire. This problem must be dealt with post haste.

Sender: Justin Montoya

Destination: all offices

Latest test fully effective. Discovered zombies were guarding Rational Experimentation Group lab. Zombies' strength due to Geary-Wexler improving Saturday's formula. IMPORTANT: Formula planned to be used extensively in REG operations.

Dr C will give Society anti-zombie chemical.

I will file full report later.

Archived