[OpNet] What a yelling match this place is

Gypsy

There is no god. There is a god. There maybe a god.

Who cares, you all are acting like spoiled children who must be right and everyone one else who disagrees with you must be wrong. You are arguing about a topic that has gone for longer than any of us have been alive and you are saying the same things that were said by your parents.

Just shut up,grow up and if you need to change someone's mind about such topics for the love of humanity don't yell at them, talk to them.

So, stop yelling, it will not change anyone's mind.It will make you look like a moron.

Start talking, you may see you were wrong and others may see you are right.

If you are hoping to see reason, then I sincerely hope you can live for at least a celestial age...

That being said, what you say is right on the mark. Unfortunately it seems that the One Race is no less prone then baselines to argue.

What a lovely blanket insult you made there, Gypsy. And how nice that it completely ignores the fact that, outside of a few brief statements, the argument over religion/faith/belief/deity has been continued by a very small sampling of the novas on this board. In fact, it could be argued that the argument has been carried forward primarily through the efforts of only two or three novas (with Regina Newcastle carrying most of that odious burden).

But don't let that get in the way of your superiority complex.

--------

Leliel, speaking of arguments amongst the One Race, it would be a good idea for you and I to talk soon regarding current events; I'd very much like to get your opinion regarding Procyon's statement to the press the other day.

Regina,

You are not having discussions; you are engaging in heated arguments. There is a difference, even if you cannot perceive or will not acknowledge it. It's also worth noting that your method of presentation isn't winning you any points with anyone, and is indeed undermining your chances of finding any real measure of agreement with said points.

That said: yes, you are a fool to continue with these arguments. Matters of religion and faith are not based on objectivity, a strict adherence to which appears to be your bailiwick. As such, you can argue until your fingers are worn to nubs on your keyboard, and it will do you - and those you are arguing with - no good whatsoever. It's a topic best left for people to deal with on their own; you are wasting your time and energy with your efforts.

Timeslip you are right but I was getting sick of reading topics about children and hearing the rants about god. True I did make an over exaggerated remark, that was uncalled for. But really leave you god or lack of god to your private life, kay? But if you have to talk about this topic talk to each other not at each other.

Quote:
Originally posted by Timeslip:
What a lovely blanket insult you made there, Gypsy. And how nice that it completely ignores the fact that, outside of a few brief statements, the argument over religion/faith/belief/deity has been continued by a very small sampling of the novas on this board. In fact, it could be argued that the argument has been carried forward primarily through the efforts of only two or three novas (with Regina Newcastle carrying most of that odious burden).

But don't let that get in the way of your superiority complex.

--------

Leliel, speaking of arguments amongst the One Race, it would be a good idea for you and I to talk soon regarding current events; I'd very much like to get your opinion regarding Procyon's statement to the press the other day.
Regretably, I have not yet actually seen the text of the statement in question, though I have been hearing some....disturbing things. By chance would you have a link to the item in question? I would like to be more fully informed on the matter first.

Well, as if life was not interesting enough....

After reviewing the broadcast, and thinking over it intensely, Two things come to mind.

The first is that Procyon is cracked if he actually plans to give the secrets of the Chrysalis to any Nova who asks.

But as I thought about it more, is he not fulfilling the purest nature of Teras? Helping to bring enlightenment to those around him? He is right in that Teras is about Transcendance, and there are likely some Terats out there that impune the name...

That being said, while his actions are perfectly allowable under the tenets of the Manifesto, the method in which he put them forth (a press conference) was a poor choice in which to use. The Press has been a tool of propaganda long before the Uppies came on the scene. Nowadays I fear they are just pawns of the Utopians.

I for one have no interest in ruling the world. Why would I want to rule a septic tank? Still, I wonder at the consequences that will come from this action. Scripture should be informed, and perhaps it should be mentioned that Mal should be given this information, though I suspect Divis Mal already knows....

This action will have consequences, that is for certain. It is just for all Terats, especially those of us that are Elevated, to stay above the internecine conflict that will likely develop and continue our evolution. Of course, if this conflict gets to the point where it threatens the One Race as a whole, then action may need to be taken.

I shall be following this most closely.

I've been thinking on his statement quite a bit. And frankly, I don't think he can give Chrysalis to any Nova who asks... because without understanding and accepting Teras, Chrysalis is just a word. If he teaches Teras and Chrysalis to someone and they learn it, that person is, by definition, a Terat.

And all things considered, yes, I think that his actions are indeed, as you put it, fulfilling the purest nature of Teras.

And in a further point of agreement with you, Lelial: the press conference a dreadful way for him to introduce this "Third Way" of his.

I fully concur with you. If he had done this in a more...structured manner, he would surely stand amid the greatest of Terats. Indeed, on one level he already does, My only concern now is that enemies of the One Race may twist his statements and/or use this as propaganda.

All in all the situation must be watched closely.

Archived