Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - [Interlude] Converging Vectors (FIN)

Karren Gaunt

"Definetly! Bring lots of people along, and I will see if I can bring my friend Kamiko. She'll be able to give you all the ins and outs about the Den. We'll bring whatever information we can ... try to add to the pooled intel."

"Oh, Maybe I can bring my friend Puck and his sister Brute too, I think they can adapt to Mars. Plus I don't know if Kamiko will come if Puck is there ... he is in the Teragen and Kamiko has some hard feelings for that group ... but they are like us. They are good people. Is it OK if they are members of the Teragen?"

... That was going to be a complicated discussion with Kami ...

"They *are* good people, for the most part, like any other group, but I'd reccomend leaving them out of this until we have some velocity and victories behind us. Politically, too many Terats are prone to overeacting about Project Utopia. Zephyr isn't wrong about them wanting Utopia gone, and it sounds like it's going to be hard enough to save even some of it."

She looked a little sad at that statement, but squared her shoulders. Worry about Norman another day soon. "Anyway, we've burned most of your window, so I'll let you go on your way if you want to go," Coraline answered, toes lifting off the ground and prepared to drift backwards out of the shuttle at a sign from Star.

"OK. That makes sense. I don't pretend to understand their politics, but I know they are byzantine. ... It will make it so much easier for me to bring Kamiko too if they aren't along."

As Cora began to lift off Star gave her a little hug, and said "Thank you again. I think we're going to be good friends."

Star gave a little hand signal for the ship, and the landing ramp retracted. "See you again soon, and stay safe!" she waved.

"Always," responds the young metamorph with a wave as the ship closes and up becomes a quantum outline of itself without visual form. Kind of eerie actually.

She watched it leave and compared the time elapsed to when she had to be at her next shoot. A little over two hours to kill. Guess she could have spent more time with the kids after all. Venus? Too little time for a worthwhile run... Congo? No. Too obvious. Art museum? Too short and too obvious if she hit one of the nova museums she'd heard about. Graagh. She'd find *something* to do to pass the time besides more martial arts katas and drills today after the hours she'd already put in.

Coraline would be gone by the time the sateline arrived, a near invisible blob of light blurring north towards India.

FIN

Archived