[OpNet] All to human nature

Dreamer

I don't think it had much hope to begin with. Most of the people who bothered responding did so only to insult the intelligence of the person who started the thread.

To Fracture and Hugin: I'm not trying to be argumentative. I was tad annoyed that Fracture replied instead of Ms. McClendon, and I'm sorry if this sounds antagonistic, but you both say you have "proof" or "evidence" that there were Novas before N-Day. I haven't seen it, and I don't know anyone else who has. I'm sure my opinion means just as little to you as anyone else's, but for the sake of credibility, if someone claims they have facts or proof of something, it's generally best to cite them. It's your prerogative not to, but it doesn't make your points seem any more valid.

Then again, this is a public forum.

Yeah, I should have just kept my mouth shut on the pre-N-Day thing. That's my mistake. Call it a lack of forethought.

I'm more concerned with how much you seem to believe the Galatea explosion is responsible for novas emerging. Scientific articles and journals have been questioning the validity of that for some time.

We would have eventally erupted, but the time it would have taken for that to happen would have passed us by. I for one don't think there was an other event that would have triggerd our eruption any soon on a mass scale like the Galatea event.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ultimax:
Okay, I guess this is the kind of thing you guys talk about here. That's cool. So I'll join in and throw down with my two cents.

I was born in 1990. When I was eight years old the world changed. The comics I used to read became real life. I started getting older and the world changed.

Novas cleaned up the air and oceans. My folks tell me how bad it used to be, how disgusting it was. I don't remember it but they do and they thank God every day.

Novas cleaned up crime. Well, at least in my country. Utopia yanked in all the really bad guys. They're back I guess, but it was still impressive when it happened.

Novas saved Russia. Place was bankrupt and got pulled from the brink by one guy.

Novas took over war. It seemed to me like the only wars fought anymore were being fought by novas. Yeah, the big nations didn't use them, but they weren't fighting either.

Novas took over music. Hell, they have their own type of music named after them.

Novas took over computers. Remember the Internet? Neither do I. But apparently it was hot shit until some nova came along.

Novas took over the movies. You know, Bollywood used to be a joke according to a film-student I knew way back when. They only did super cheezy musical things. Not anymore.

Novas took over science. Duh.

So I grow up seeing all these leaps and bounds and revolutions in style or what have you being done by novas. And not a hell of a lot being done by human beings. Not much that's celebrated anyway.

So, I grew up not wanting to be human. Being human meant being second-class. History. Being part of the group that received and watched.

No thank you.
You have some valid points and some well intended points but ultamately flawed ones.

War is not fought by novas and novas only. If that were true my hand would be more clean than they are now.

Utopia only targeted centralized crime syndicates. decentralized gangs witch made up for more than 60% of all violent crime pre-Utopia was largely unchanged.

Music being art and people being people has lead to an interesting knee jerk reaction. People are starting to go out of their way to get music done by baselines.

Movies being not real can have baseline do anything a nova can do without having a nova.

Science, this a tricky one, as the greatest things that were ever invented often came not form the smart but the dumb. We have things that work because someone didn't know they things "should" work. We have things that are found by mistake, and ironically having a more advanced brain may hinder that aspect of science and progress.

Also the large impact of novas on the world economic system is not as big as people make it out to be. The four largest economic changes in the past 100 years are pre 1998. People just see the eye pleasing novas and forget the mundane things.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ultimax:
I was born in 1990.
You're a baby. I got decades on you. Yeah it's the miles not the years that make the difference but I got a few more of those too.
Quote:
Originally posted by Y.T.
Utopia only targeted centralized crime syndicates. decentralized gangs witch made up for more than 60% of all violent crime pre-Utopia was largely unchanged.
Yeah sure. Thats why you got russians hustling whores in Chicago and the Yaks jacking blonde haired blue eyed kiddies in Seattle for sale in Japan. Mister and Missus America get all teary eyed because a 13-year old punk got into his brother's mite stash and trashed a car but that ain't nothing. Violent crime my ass.

What's really fan-fucking-hilarious is the morons that think this happened because Uncle Utopia screwed the pooch instead of taking it to the mattresses. Wrong-O. One society is what Uncle U was selling and you all bought so don't bitch to me about the one society crime that came with it.

Archived