Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - [Interlude - Darrik #1] The State of Affairs [FIN]

Toby Lupin

Date: Post-Rainbow Room #3, same night

It had to happen, of course. There was no way- despite his acceptance of his proclivities- Darrik was going to proceed on them without talking to his lovers and doing his hardest to make sure they understood and accepted what was going on. Though that might be a challenge without the use of his full manipulation, loath as he was to utilize it. Well, there by good fortune- for he was at his room and he knew Agatha was visiting Gwen, Darrik went inside.

Agatha and Gwen were on the Primus, working out together, gently, sense Gwen was pregnant, mostly they were exercising and talking about children, so when Darrik entered the room, they both looked up and smiled at him in invitation. "Darrik.. please join us, it's good to see you." Both of them held out their hands to him as he entered, to grip his hands in their own, followed with a firm kiss from each of his girls.

Darrik smiled, albeit a bit wan, as he tried to find the words- normally he would have it easily- to describe and explain what he was going to propose. Not easy at all to the ones he loved. He returned the kisses warmly- adding one to Gwen's belly for the children she carried. "They grow every day." Then he decided to begin with a slow progression of topic. "You remember the party at the Count's?"

"Of course." Gwen replied as both girls pushed him down to sit on the bed, and Agatha slide her arms around him from behind as Gwen slide into his lap, soft, sensual, delightful as she slide her hands under his shirt on the front and Agatha under on the back, baring his skin to their touch, the sensual feel of Gwen against him, her scent and voice were as beautiful as her body, even her touch had a similar affect, if Darrik wasn't so much more powerful then both of them, he might be the one at their mercy...

Gwen had quickly discarded her own t-shirt and bra, straddling in his lap wearing just a pair of shorts as she pressed against him, kissing him deeply, her chest pressed against his as a somewhat bemused Agatha let her hands rest on her shoulders, she wasn't quite sure how things came to this point so quickly, and wondered if Darrik was surprised also.

Darrik chuckled, bemused a tad himself at the girls' eagerness for him. Was his natural appearance pulling on them as well? "Slow down. There's something we need to talk about first. I had a discussion with Chang again, at the Rainbow Room tonight. If I wasn't convinced to explore the Teragen, I am now. And it was... enlightening on a few counts. Thing is... I can't lie to myself, nor should I to you two on this." He paused then continued. "Love and lust. As far as the heart goes, you two have it. Undeniably. But, my lusts, the libido of mine- I've tried so hard to stay true to you both. I tried to convince myself that having anyone else in my bed was utterly wrong. But at this point, I can't pretend that anymore, lest I be lying to any of us here. It's not an easy thing to tell you, but I have to, and hope we can find an agreeable to this problem. So that I don't go behind your backs."

Agatha's hands tensed slightly on his back, and he could tell, even without looking at her that she wasn't happy about where this conversation was going, but Gwenivere gave him a long look, meeting his eyes a moment, then got out of his lap and moved into the center of his view, stripping off her shorts and shoes until she was compeltely nude and then she spread her arms a moment and there were seven of her, seven superhuman beauties with appearances that put even most nova's to shame.. her language slipped into her native french.

"AW nous pas assez pour vous, l'amour ? Ou est-ce plus le désir des jeunes en vous ? Ou un moyen de gérer le tirage au sort, vous avez pour tout le monde que vous avez rencontré, à être constamment séduisante, même lorsque vous ne veux pas être?" There wasn't distress in her tone, she was simply waiting to hear what his answer might be. "Qu'est-ce que nous pensons à vous alors? Et les enfants?"

As she spoke, one of her or her clones put her arms around him from one side and the other on the other side, so that she was pressing against him even as she asked him these questions.

Translation

Aw we not enough for you, love? Or is it more the desire of youth in you? Or a way of dealing with the draw you have for everyone you met, to constantly be seducing even when you don't mean to be? What is it that we mean to you then? And what of the children?

Agatha also spoke up, asking her own questions. "Gwen can be many women, I can be anyone you desire, what is the source of this desire, Darrik, a desire for more bodies, or just to give yourself an out? I appreciate you bringing this out into the open, but I can't help but wonder if this isn't a self desire on your part, perhaps we entered a relationship before you were willing to really take up the responsibilities of such, or the responsibilities of a father?

It was a painful set of questions, especially Agatha's last one, but Darrik looked down slightly, and thought of something to explain his predicament. "Imagine on my left shoulder, there's an incubus- a demon of sex and lust- and on the right, an example of the good father and husband incarnate." He did not seem to note the Freudian slip. "And they're talking about this situation. The Good Partner, he says that you two are the ones I love, that it'll hurt you if I sleep with others, what about the children? And the Incubus, he laughs, points out all the women I slept with before meeting you two, the way I find myself looking at other women and a few men sometimes, that most of the time, you two are enough but not always, and that my prodigious wants and draw are hard-wired into me. And I agree with both of them- I don't know how to balance them!" It was a testament to the situation that Darrik was in such distress.

Gwen looked him in the eyes a moment, then kissed him, firmly, deeply and sensually, and then she looked at Agatha a moment, and something passed between them, then Agatha kissed his cheek softly, and put her arms around him from behind. "An open relationship is more Gwen's thing then mine, she's a lot more uninhibited then I am... I'm not sure about this at all, but I do have a requirement of my own before I would be willing to agree, and we would need to hammer out a set of rules for this.."

She slide around to sit on his right leg as Gwen shifted to his left, leaving him with both girls sort of on his lap, and neither of them wearing a thing, though with Agatha, it was easier, sense she had eufiber, she had simply turned to jewelry, and she leaned forward to kiss him on the lips, a long sensual kiss, before she drew back slightly.

"Here's my requirement, darling.. I know your family has a way around the issues of fertility, so, I want a child also.. someone who will be born fairly close to my.. " She glanced at Gwen, who nodded in a slight encouragement, giving him a hint that they had discussed this between themselves. "Heart Sib's children, and by that I mean within a few months. After that, we can work out the rest of the details."

Darrik concealed his head-struck reaction from behind a bland smile and returning of the kisses. His siblings would castrate him if they found out, which they would. Then again, Gwen had been fertile, unbeknown to Darrik- who was to say this wasn't the case with Agatha too? Sakura was caring for three children by herself. With the proper commitment by Darrik, they could support three, right? And the fact was- he intended only Agatha and Gwen to have his children. He wanted a family with them. Still, reasonable thinking dictated...

"There's someone outside the family we can talk to about that. Talk in more than one way, I really think we should at least not create more bundles of joy on a whim. Will a child of your own really make such a difference that you'd accept my occasional bedding of someone else?"

"It's not a whim, Darrik, I've been thinking about having a child for a while now, weeks sense Gwen got pregnant, and we talked about it between ourselves, I was going to wait a while to discuss it, but with you coming to us with this sort of question and discussion, we might as well get to the heart of the matter. Generally, I would see it as a commitment to us, Darrik, though I still wouldn't be entire easy about you playing the field, I'd try to be more understanding.. Also, I'd like my child to be raised with Gwen's, both of us would prefer that.. it would be commitment for everyone, and deliberate where the other was accident." She reached out to Gwen and took her hands in hers.. "Not that it wasn't a welcome one."

Darrik sighed, unsure if the point was getting across. "It's our commitment if made, and to the children as well. Gwen already has twins coming. You asked if I was prepared for fatherhood? Part of the responsibility, I think, is to know how many we can reasonably take care of at once. I have no qualms about unsterilizing you, love. But I am already agreeing to uphold my responsibilities to Gwen's. And I hold reservations about doing my part for three. Do you two think you can care for three nova children?"

Gwen smiled slightly. "Chere, i can be a half dozen women at will, and Agatha can be anyone or anything, and you can do more then either of us, I think we can care for three children between us."

Agatha spoke up herself as she considered the possibilities. "Although it also means that I should move into hiding as well, for long enough for the children to be born at least." She turned to Darrik, and looked at him for a long moment. "If you don't want to do this, I'll understand.. having 3 children is not a casual thing, even if we can take care of all of them, I believe that was what you were trying to say."

"I just wanted to be sure we all understood." Darrik stated firmly. Then he untangled himself from Agatha and Gwen. "I'll be back in a bit. Time to schedule your appointment." With a brief goodbye kiss to each of them, he exited the room, before turning a corner and disappearing into a shadow.

Kinshasa- Ein's palace to be precise, was where he reappeared. At the gate, lest he set off the security measures by accident. When the guards approached and asked him his business, he stated: "I wish to speak with the King's guest Sakura."

The guard nodded and word was sent to see if Sakura would accept a caller. After a brief moment and a return affirmative from the guard's radio, Darrik was lead inside and through the maze of the palace to the southwest wing of guest quarters. The guard knocked politely and announced Darrik; Sakura opened the door and beckoned him into the greatroom of her apartment, softly thanking the guard and sending him back to his post. She was dressed much differently than she had been before: a plain cream-colored tunic and emerald-green leggings. She seemed different, still beautiful, still someone he wanted, and still surrounded by the perfume of cherry blossoms and her uncontrollable pheromones, but her beauty and her grace were less overwhelming now.

She smiled hesitantly at him, much more reserved and certainly more in control of herself than she had been in their last meeting. "Darrik. I...is there something I can do for you?"

The question was asked neutrally, no innuendo or even a hint of anger or hurt from his abrupt departure last time. She hadn't motioned him to sit or offered him refreshments like the usual hostess she was, but neither had she kept him from meeting her or throwing him out the moment he got there. Mostly, she simply seemed nervous and unsure.

1 QP spent for Tactful, 59/60 left.

1 WP spent for Iron Will to ignore Lusty, 9/10 left.

Darrik folded his hands behind his back as he observed Sakura, and she could tell that he too seemed a bit more divested of his normal sheer aura of lust god. And a hint of hesitancy too on his part. But he knew why he was here and there was more than one reason to it.

"Well, Sakura. I wanted to talk, about a number of things. But first and foremost, to clear the air about the other day."

OOC
Tactful is on too for Darrik.

She tensed, but she did then motion him to one of the couches, sitting across from him in a different chair once he took his place. She crossed her ankles demurely and she arranged herself comfortably, "Alright."

Silence stretched for a long moment as it became apparent that that was all she was going to say. Normally, she'd apologize, blame herself for what happened, but she'd looked into Darrik a little, learning about his moniker as Shadowheart from gossip around the palace. He was like her, not exactly the same, but he had a similar pull. It had made her stop and think. They both had responsibility for what happened, and he'd done the right thing by leaving, but that didn't mean it hadn't hurt. Both her libido and her feelings. Now that he was back, she wasn't quite sure how to respond to him. It wasn't fair to be angry, but she didn't see that she should feel guilty either. He'd come to her room that day, seeking her out and flirting with her - and then just left. Inwardly she sighed. Let him make the first move. He's the one that came back, he must have something he wants to say. And no shirtless fondling this time.

Once it became clear that she wasn't going to say anything until after he did, Darrik nodded and shared his thoughts on the subject. "It's really simple when I thought about it. We both had our parts to play, but I came- to talk- but pushed it further than normal with the flirting and teasing. You were the one to keep your wits about yourself, really. You warned me in time. The onus really is on myself. All I really can say, is repeat that I am truly sorry about what nearly transpired." He looked downward briefly before finishing. "There's no reason to bear any ill will towards you, Sakura. But I can understand if you don't agree in vice versa."

"Thank you for that, Darrik," she said softly, "and you're right, we both played our parts in what happened - and what nearly happened. We're...dangerous...for each other in that way. I enjoy sex a great deal and I do find you incredibly attractive, but you said that you had two lovers, one of whom is pregnant with both of yours children. I don't know if you mean anything deeper emotionally when you say lovers, but with children, that usually is if you've all still stuck together. That's a family, and I don't want to be the cause of stressing or breaking apart a family."

Her posture relaxed somewhat, the tense moment passing. "I don't carry any ill will for you, Darrik. At least, not after my head cleared and I got over my...frustration." Mostly.

"You said you had several things to discuss, though," she added, leaving him open to move on to whatever other reasons he had for visiting.

Darrik was relieved that they could look back at this and move on, so he decided to divulge his other request now. "At our last meeting, you said that since Apotheosis, you had the power to make others fertile. Agatha wants a child of her own, which we're discussing, and haven't made a decision yet. However, I was wondering if you would be willing to remove her sterility? If we decide against more children... well, I'll have to see how well eufiber serves as protection then."

She smiled slightly. Darrik was the first one to come to her with a direct request, but she doubted he would be the last. "I can restore Agatha's fertility, but only temporarily. I do not yet have a way permanently grant fertility to novas who are sterile." She frowned for a moment, clearly frustrated, "It is somehow much more complicated and difficult than with baselines or plants or animals. I cannot alter the genetic code of a nova once they are born, and that seems to be the crux of nova infertility." She shook her head slightly and returned to the immediate matter, "However, I can make Agath and you both quite fertile for a time, though that runs the risk of conceiving multiple children. I can also simply impregnate her, using a sample of your DNA." Her smile returned with an amused twitch, "Though I doubt that would be as satisfying for the both of you."

"As for birth control, which you would only need for...Gwen, yes? I may be able to help her come to an awareness of her body that would let her control her cycles. I've never tried to teach someone something like that before, but I would be willing to try." She acquired a pensive look, "In fact, if you would not mind, I would like to meet Gwen. I have abilities that would allow me to check on the health and status of the twins, even provide them with...natural enhancements?...if you and she would like. It is something I do for all the children I help to become conceived, if their parent or parents agree."

"You can talk to Agatha and Gwen then when you meet them... depending on what time you would prefer." Darrik's expression grew much more dark and serious. "And I AM fertile. The problem, is that nova sterility is NOT natural." As Sakura chewed on this news, he continued. "Many of the mother hunters are sponsored by a shadow organization nested in Utopia, Project Proteus. Somehow, they determined how to create an artificial virus that damages nova genetics to prevent reproduction and does a great deal to distribute it worldwide."

She frowned, deeply. She'd heard little bits and pieces of rumors about something like that as she'd traveled, but nothing coherent and she'd never been able to find a foreign substance in the sterile novas she'd helped. "A virus that damages the DNA? That would explain why it's simply seemed that something in the eruption of a nova causes a high sterility rate. Surely a cure can be found, if the cause is known. Has anyone been able to study the virus? Perhaps, if it is organic and a sample could be found, I could try to create another organism to counter it." She'd done that with some other viruses and bacteria that had ravaged villages or ecosystems before. Sometimes it had worked, sometimes she'd had to quickly find a way to kill off her mutated creations as they ran dangerously rampant when they were released. Nature was complex and fickle, adjust it took a subtle hand and mind, and always a number of back-up plans.

Sakura sighed at the cruelty of some in the world and then shrugged elegantly, coming back to the far more pleasant part of the conversation. "I would be willing to meet them whenever you'd like. I haven't much of a schedule or anything really to do here so far." The inactivity chaffed at her, doing something, especially something helpful and pleasant, would be a welcomed change of pace.

"Tomorrow afternoon then?" Darrik inquired, too shrugging off the momentary issues of Proteus and their determination to remove the basic right of children from novas worldwide. Though the 'Hatchers' were the tenuous exception. "I should warn you... if Agatha does fall under that aura... well, Gwen is bisexual and rather uninhibited too. There is the potential for us all to make the Romans jealous." He smiled at his joke. "Well, I'll warn them, and hold things back."

Sakura pressed her lips together, "Well, people do not always have the same reaction that you and...others did that day. It seems to depend on the person. I had one woman in Angola that tried to marry me off to one of her sons, several of whom were already married - and they were monogamous Christians - simply so that I would be her daughter and stay with her and her family." She straightened in the chair a little, already steeling herself for another introduction and the issues that almost always followed. "However, if Agatha or Gwen do respond amorously, I would ask that you take them out of my presence and let them calm down, then ask them both if an...encounter...between the four of us is something they actually want. That will also give me time to decide the same."

"Tomorrow afternoon will fine," she agreed, then sighed and played absently with the hem of her tunic while she considered the complications that could occur, especially if she or Darrik or even one of these two unknown ladies were unable to control themselves and their desires.

"Duly noted." Darrik assured her, well aware of what they had discussed and not intent on an accidental repetition of events. "Well, that sums up what I came to talk about. If there's anything else you want to say or ask, feel free to do so now. If not, I wish you a pleasant night." Sakura didn't anything to say other than farewell as well, and so Darrik left back into the shadows. Gwen and Agatha agreed that he was well worth the wait after he told them a meeting had been set and hormones took their normal course again.

Date: The next day, in the afternoon.

Darrik, Gwen and Agatha were approaching the gate, and the sentries were given the same words as before. While they waited, Darrik turned to his lovers and gave his warning. "Just so you know, she has an 'aura' similar to mine. But it could express differently, so be prepared and steel yourselves, I think."

They were led back to the southwest guest wing and the same door that Darrik had been taken to before. This time, the door was already open and they could hear the sound of someone moving around inside the greatroom. The furniture had been subtly rearranged: the loveseats that had flanked the couch of the main sitting area had been replaced with two more couches and the entire arrangement had been flipped to face the back floor to ceiling windows that looked out onto Sakura's balcony and the large public garden beyond. A patio set of plush chairs and a round canopied table could be seen a little to one side, with a service tray waiting should they decide to move their conversation outside. Too keep the view of the room pleasant, the couch now with it's back to the door was lined with several thin tables just low enough to display sculptures of trees and woodland creatures exquisitely carved and faceted together from colored crystals that stood out vividly from the white of the couch's back. A facet glass vase in the center held bouquet of living purple and pink orchids, and the entire ensamble was capped on either end with small lamps just tall enough to shed light onto the sitting are once the sun went down. The arrangement looked like a glittering fairy-tale garden. The other decorations that Darrik had seen the early even had been subtly moved to accentuate the new arrangement and retain the uncluttered, clean feeling of the room.

The apartment's occupant was just setting down a large tray with a selection of fruits, cheeses, and still-warm bread on the coffee table between the couches; a tea set with steam wafting from the kettle was had already been carried out. She smiled up at three novas standing politely in the door way and motioned them in. "Please, come in. I've set out a tea, though we can take it to the balcony if you all would prefer." She flushed prettily and added, "You are the first visitors I've had that have come more than one at a time and I am not so used to being a hostess. Please forgive me if I seem a little...overly prepared."

Sakura's Current Powers
Object of Desire Roll:

Malachite *rolls* 16d10: 8+10+9+5+1+9+2+4+5+8+2+1+6+10+10+3: 93

Malachite *rolls* 3d10: 1+8+9: 18

13 success for either of the girls affected by her Feminine quality (probably just Gwen), and 11 if not.

As always, Arousal Pheromones at Toxin Rating 3. Interrelation Pheromones at Toxin Rating 9 (she really wants to make friends right now) and Confrontation Pheromones at 1 for being a touch nervous about all of this.

As per the rules, anyone with the Health merit may ignore all of the pheromones; anyone with Bloodhound or Enahanced Vermonasal Organ can separate out the pheromones and know that they are there and spend a single temporary Willpower point to ignore them for the duration of the scene. Everyone else may, if they choose, make a Willpower or Resistance roll, whichever is higher, to reduce the Toxin rating for each pheromone by one for each success.

Sakura is also employing Tactful so as not to be so physically overwhelming with her beauty.

Agatha and Gwen had come together, both of them dressing quite well, but at the point of meeting Sakura, hormones and desires spiked and spiked hard, and both of them looked at Darrik a moment, then back at her. "If she's one of the the girls you were thinking of, Darrik, as long as we can participate, I have no objections at all.. " Agatha spoke up, and there was desire and lust in her voice. "Agatha. That is the kind of thing I might say." Gwen giggled slightly at her friend. "Not that I disagree, but I think she is a treasure, I'd love for her to be a god parent to our children."

Darrik, for a moment, held a flat gaze on Sakura. The expression said it all: That was quick. Then, mindful of Sakura's words, he stated a firm "Excuse me." Immediately, he ushered Agatha and Gwen back a fair distance a few rooms away, and pulled them close to him. Waiting for a few moments and their confused questions to die down, he explained. "This happened sooner than I expected. She is going to handle your fertility treatment Agatha... but there may have been one or two thoughts about what you proposed too. So she asked that I be doing this, to see whether you really don't mind any sort of amusements with her. She's had some trouble with this in the past, so best you honestly make up your minds."

Agatha shook her head a moment to clear it.. "Wow, she has a really unusual sense about her, I want her.. to belong to us in some way, Darrik, it feels almost like a need." Superhuman intelligence kicked in at that point. "Oh, it's like your thing, that draw you have for everyone around you, seductive without meaning to be... poor girl. Yes, Darrik, I want to do this." There was a deep sense of sympathy in her as she spoke. Gwen had calmed a bit herself, then looked between Darrik and Agatha, reaching out to put her arms around both of their necks. "Then as one family, let's do this.. lead the way, Darling, we'll follow your lead."

Darrik still hadn't quite been expecting this out of Agatha, the more controlled and determined of the two, but apparently she was indeed still willing to partake of the delights of Sakura's body if allowed. Finally, a smile grew on his face, sultry and pleasantly relieved. "Business before pleasure, mind you. And she may decide otherwise. If so," his hands roamed for a teasing moment. "I'll compensate later."

The family returned to Sakura's room, both women having arms around Darrik's waist, and it was noticeable that Darrik was walking with a hint more sexiness in his stride. His face was still pleasantly calm. "It seems these vixens have not changed their minds. But... you still have more time to think about it, the services you were planning to offer come first, anyway."

Sakura was waiting for them by the open glass doors across them room, peering out thoughtfully at the gardens below. She gave the three a tight smile, moving over to the three of them and looking them over with a clinical eye. She frowned at Agatha's dialated pupils and slightly dazed look and shook her head at Darrik. "I'm sorry, but not yet."

You are never going to get laid again.

Shut. Up.

She motioned to the tall nova leaning against him, "I've seen this happen before...she's, well, for all practical purposes, she's drugged. She's still in the grip of the pheromones and not able to think clearly. Take her home after we're done with the other here and," her lips twitched into a full smile, "pleasure her as much as you want, she'll certainly appreciate it from you. But there's still a large chance that she'd regret waking up in a bed next to me,and that would essentially make this rape. Give her a few days to detox and really think, then we can come back to this discussion."

As clinical as her words might sound, Darrik could feel the desire rippling off of Sakura, but held under an iron-tight control. She'd had to have that control in her life or she'd've long ago crumbled under the constant violation of her moral code. She motioned the three back to the couches and poured fresh tea for the four of them before settling back for conversation. "But yes, onto to the other reason you came. Gwen, I'd like to examine your twins, if you'll let me, and discuss some of what I can do for them. And of course, Agatha, we need to discuss exactly how you want to go about conceiving your child or children. I will be able to do the same for them as I will for Gwen's babies once they are actually conceived."

Medicine Roll
[Malachite] 4:09 pm: Medical Prodigy Roll, Megas are last.

Malachite *rolls* 15d10: 6+8+9+6+10+6+8+4+5+6+10+5+9+5+2: 99

[Malachite] 4:10 pm: Popping for Discerning:

Malachite *rolls* 2d10: 1+5: 6

[Malachite] 4:10 pm: Medicine Roll:

[Malachite] 4:10 pm: Megas are last again.

[Malachite *rolls* 29d10: 3+3+5+1+3+5+3+8+9+1+6+7+7+10+5+2+10+10+1+4+9+1+5+3+2+8+9+9+3: 152

[Malachite] 4:12 pm: Popping 10's for Discerning:

Malachite *rolls* 3d10: 5+9+4: 18

15 suxx

Gwen and Agatha looked a little disappointed, but they readily drank the tea and listened to Sakura. Darrik was more nonchalant about the matter by now, but attentive once it returned to the children. Agatha looked to Gwen and said, "I think an examination, if Gwen agrees, would be informative, for all of us here." Gwen nodded in clear agreement. "As for conception... is there another way than the usual?" A hint of those desires that Sakura had regretfully denied seeped back onto Agatha's face.

"I can take a sample from any person you would like to conceive a child with - I assume Darrik," she said with a smirk, "and then touch you, mix the DNA, and induce immediate conception."

"While you think on that, let me get a look at the twins," she shifted off her couch and over to Gwen's side, taking one of Gwen's hands in each of hers and closing her eyes to concentrate. Her smile lit up the room as she felt the lives growing inside the other woman. "Two beautiful little girls, Gwen. Healthy and developing just fine so far." She grinned, "They're going to look like their father, with his hair, I mean, striped." She opened her eyes and glanced between the two parents. "There are several things I can do for them. The first, which I've already done, is to make sure that they are healthy and growing well. The second is that I can help guide their quantum signature, leaning them towards certain powers or aspects of either one of you that you would like to ensure they inherit. I have some ability to change intrinsic inherited traits, such as the hair, but only to a limited extent. We can go over all of that in a moment."

"The third thing I can do for them is to give them some of my aspects. This does not make them my children at all, it simply givens them traits that I also happen to possess. This includes traits to give them stronger bodies and minds and personalities. It won't change their minds or personalities, just give them a greater potential than they might otherwise have. The same for their bodies; I can also make their hearts stronger and their blood more potent. For example, I donate blood where I can for its healing properties and lack of negative affect on normal humans. Also, even as a child, before I had nova-level strength or intelligence, I was stronger and smarter and faster and more beautiful than normal humans could be." She shrugged, "I can also withstand the deepest pressures of the oceans and I have gills that run down my neck. You can't see them unless I'm using them, but it makes swimming in the ocean very enjoyable. I could give them those aspects as well." She though for a moment, going down the list of things she'd done before, blushed slightly as she braced herself to talk about the one ability she had that she considered intensely personal, but pushed forward. "Oh, I can also give them the ability to photosynthesize for energy, to alter their skin color - green is needed for the photosynthesis, but it can work to just about any color - and give them the ability to create the silk-like substance I use. It's much like eufiber, and also aids in the energy gathering process by being able to be molded into leaves and roots for full nutrition. It's another option for novas that need to eat but doesn't require a constant buffet being brought around."

She settled down onto her knees on the carpet in front of Gwen, still holding the other woman's hands, and looked between the three of the. "Where would you like to begin, and do you have questions or requests you would like to make?"

"Girls." Darrik smiled brightly, as so did the obviously quite happy Gwen and Agatha as well. "And my hair? Doesn't sound like my eyes though, then. At the moment, I don't feel the need to direct the way our children develop- with the exception of the photosynthesis in my opinion." He noted. "Useful enough for them in an emergency situation."

"Yes," Agatha and Gwen agreed, Agatha continuing with clear experience from being a spy, "In fact, I think mine should have that as well. Instant conception? When would you be able to tell the gender?"

"It could be decided, as could the number of children, though bearing more than one child at a time is a strain on the mother." She smiled at Gwen and the reference to herself as well. Continuing to answer Agatha's question, she went on, "I combine the DNA, so I can choose either chromosome from Darrik."

She looked at the three of them curiously, "You're certain you don't want any of the other enhancements? They're much like the photosynthesis, able to help in emergencies and cope even just with day to day living as a nova child. On these I'm not speaking of any changes to the child's looks or personality, just a greater potential than they currently possess. It is up to you, of course, but I offer those adaptations that my own body has in most part because of their usefulness in survival situations."

Darrik and Gwen and Agatha traded glances, and Sakura could tell that they were unsure. For all the obvious commitment to raising their children as best they could, they WERE venturing into quite unknown territory, that of parenthood. Finally, Agatha broke the silence, she WAS a spy for BI, at least for what time was left to wrap up her business. "She's right. They probably are best with those advantages."

Gwen nodded nervously, acknowledging this. Darrik seemed more comfortable following her lead too. Agatha smiled. "There's your answer, Sakura. And I think a boy is my preference." Her smile lingered towards Darrik adoringly for a moment. "I wonder if he'll have the hair too? Oh, by the instant way. We can have both speed and fun later."

"Well, we can find out in just a moment." She squeezed Gwen's hands, feeling though her touch to the twins and making the minute adjustments to their DNA and quantum signature to give them the enhancements and potential they had agreed upon. She was rather glad that they had hesitated and hadn't asked her to tweak the children to favor one parent's powers over another. It showed her that they loved their children, no matter how they would be. She felt the changes settle into place and smiled, releasing Gwen's hands and standing with a preternatural grace.

She made her way to Darrik next, simply touching him on the cheek for a moment before nodding to herself and settling down next to Agatha much as she had with Gwen. "Here we go," she said, and took the other woman's hands. She closed her eyes again; she didn't need to, but it helped her concentrate. She formed the zygote and made the changes to the DNA strand as she had with his half-sisters; the protochild processed through the usual two week cycle of growth necessary for implantation in the time it took for Sakura to alter Agatha's own body so that she could settle the microscopic new life against a fertile uterine wall. The entire process, from collecting Darrik's DNA to ensuring that the pregnancy was well secured, took less than a full minute.

She gently let go of Agatha's hands, laying on on Gwen's and the other on Darrik's, and smiled at the trio of them. "There you are. Three beautiful babies, twin girls and their brother. They're about five weeks apart in development, but twins are usually born a few weeks earlier than singleton babies, so they'll probably have two months or so between them in age. Not a huge difference once you get past the infant stage, though I doubt his older sisters will let him off the hook as a 'little' brother." The last was said with a chuckle; she may not have grown up with siblings of her own, but she'd seen plenty enough during her forays into the village near her home. Willem had had older sisters.

As she used her powers, petals from the flowers in her hair lifted up and began to swirl around the room, as if in an invisible breeze. More and more petals joined the dance, far more than could have plucked themselves from her hair, even as the petals and flowers that had plucked themselves were quickly replaced with blossoming buds. The room became a shower of cherry blossoms, only increasing with each use of her gifts. The petals landed everywhere, on furniture, in a teacup, in hair and on the laps of her guests. Such was the price of the Spring Maiden...well, perhaps Spring Mother's powers; as soft and distracting as the nova herself.

Her smile was softer, nostalgic, as she sat back and added, "And he will have hair like his sisters and father. Not necessarily identical in color to him or them, but the same striped pattern."

Sakura's Gifts
Malachite *rolls* 18d10: 2+6+7+4+1+4+6+2+1+7+8+4+10+10+8+10+4+4: 98

[Malachite] 7:06 pm: Las three are megas as always.

9 successes on the twins for the bodymods. I think that should suffice, unless Krul rules otherwise.

[Malachite] 7:09 pm: Last five are megas.

Malachite *rolls* 20d10: 7+1+5+7+9+4+7+6+9+9+8+6+5+4+9+7+8+4+7+4: 126

14 successes

Agatha is now very much pregnant with a baby boy. :) Any chance of complications with the pregnancy is also reduced by 65%.

[Malachite] 7:12 pm: Last three are megas.

[Malachite *rolls* 18d10: 5+10+6+10+10+6+9+6+1+10+9+1+9+10+1+4+4+7: 118

10 succeses on giving the boy the same modifications, along with a slight push towards having the same aberrant hair as Darrik, just from Agatha's look and musing.

10 QP spent/50 remaining.

• 2 weeks later...

Darrik chuckled at the thought. "Black and white? Green and blue? Gold and silver?" He slipped his arms around Agatha and Gwen, and faced Sakura with an honest smile. "Thank you, Sakura." Then he plucked a blossom petal out of the air. "A shame you already produce these, else I'd have given you some in gratitude."

Archived