[OpNet] The Big-ish Time

Clive A.

Hey, check it out! They're <a href="http://www.nprime.net/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=000674;p=0&r=nfx">putting me on TV</a>!

Shameless self promotion aside, I got a lot of help through this board. I just want to say thanks, especially to the WCK, without whom I'd almost certainly have ended up less well off and less well known.

If anyone's on the market for a custom house, give me a call for a quote. Nationally televised construction is optional.

Sigh ....

You heal, right Clive? Tell me you heal, or regenerate, or do some other thing that allows you to recover what I am afraid will be a frightening variety of injuries.

People, construction work is no joke. It's tough and dangerous work and above all else ... DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME! wink

Good luck with the show.

Yeah I was a little worried about that final clip myself. I think I can safely reveal that at the end of every episode, we have a staged take-out scene of an 'over the top' accident followed by a relevant safety tip. I think the rivet one was going to be on the importance of wearing safety goggles on site. Anyway I (technically it's an emergency backup me) make it look much worse than it is. Apparently the guys in the ugly ties don't think a show without a little wanton gore is going to take. At least in this case it's for a good cause.

*sigh*

A sign of the times. No baseline is satisfied untill a Nova bleeds. Especially if the wound heals before their eyes. I'm suprised there isn't a site where there are novas that self-mutilate for their "adoring" fans.

[Link censored]

Uhhh.... *sigh* I stand suprised.

Clive, I sincerely hope your over-the-top safety messages do not go unnoticed.

Without having put too much thought into the matter, it seems okay to want to see the Novas who can take the hits take the hits (as long as they're up for it), just like it is to want to see the Novas who can fly fly. I guess the problem is when people start wanting to see Novas who can't take the hits get hit, or Novas who can't fly tossed off bridges.

Anyway, my sincere hope is that the 'take-outs' will draw in some people who wouldn't otherwise be interested in a building show, but that people will actually stay and watch it for the stuff I'm putting together. Archetectural coolness is afoot and I'm not going to be happy if it gets overshadowed by the occasional support beam falling on my head.

Archived