Aberrant RPG - Sterility and Dormancy 5

Trollroot

The discussion on Utopias sterility cocktail made me think about the consequenses of reproducing while dormed down.

Presumably, any child concieved while dormed down will carry the genetics of the dormancy body? Which may be quite different from both the nova body and the pre-eruption body.

Wouls duch a child have any chance of inheriting the Nova/Psion gene?

Most dormancy abilities are defined as the pre-erruption form for that nova. Since they've got the nova gene pre-erruption (how else would they errupt), then of course they would pass that gene on to their children.

If you define dormancy in some other fashion (which would be subject to GM ruling), you will probably still have the same DNA as when you're a nova. Unless your dorming ability is weird (which is possible, but that means you should give this more thought than most people anyway).

Either way, if you're not fertile as a nova, then you still wouldn't be fertile while dormed.

I got the impression from other threads that if you stayed Dormed down for a long time, your body would produce viable sperm. A male body.

Female eggs would be a different matter, but at that level, the Dormed body can be completely different. If your Nova form had lost an arm, your dorm form might still have both?

The sterility cocktail turns the bodys own nova defenses against the reproductive cells, so my reasoning was no nova vitality = sperm count starts climbing.

On the Dormancy body, I always assumed that the default was that it was the nova body without the Nova powers and Megas. However, when it is described as possibly being totally different at high levels of dorm...well I just assumed that the differences must be sustained by the bodys own natural systems, since no quantum abilities are available.

And thus that changes which indicate a genetic difference would be inheritable? (Race, sex, height, eye color etc)

I could easily be wrong here, of course.

Archived