Aberrant RPG - TeenTomorrow (Tn2M)

Was the Teen Tomorrow experiment a success?

Background:

In July 2011 Michael Hodge, then New Personnel Processing Director, conceived of the idea of a young persons answer to T2M called Teen 2M. With input from Dr Rashoud, Asst S&T Director Elendsohn and Caestus Pax, Director Laragione blessed the idea to form a test team based out of T2M-AM HQ. In time, if successful, the idea would to attach Tn2M (Teen Tomorrow) teams to each of the T2M teams.

The date is now August 2014. With at least two active characters, and one possibly active character, being attached to Tn2M the question is whether the experiment was a success and additional teams were created or is it still experimental and consequently only one team exists.

Maybe when you were a kid but the age of puberty has been falling. Girls enter puberty between the ages of 8-13 with menarche years later. Boys reach puberty between the ages of 9-14. There's debate on the reasons why its falling but its generally attributed to better health and good nutrition. Age of menarche is also falling at a rate of 2-3 months per decade after 1850. The median in 1988 was 12.5 for U.S. girls.

The stats seem to back to indicate its not only possible but likely. I still hesitate to draw a conclusion based solely on player or even developer preference.

Quote:
Originally posted by Liam Stewart: TAG:
Maybe when you were a kid but the age of puberty has been falling. Girls enter puberty between the ages of 8-13 with menarche years later. Boys reach puberty between the ages of 9-14. There's debate on the reasons why its falling but its generally attributed to better health and good nutrition. Age of menarche is also falling at a rate of 2-3 months per decade after 1850. The median in 1988 was 12.5 for U.S. girls.

The stats seem to back to indicate its not only possible but likely. I still hesitate to draw a conclusion based solely on player or even developer preference.
There's also theories involving the additives in foods, stuff like that.

But yes. I can understand why you don't see a lot of characters of puberty age, though they could have still erupted at puberty.

Age won't really affect the character too much. From a mechanics point of view, there's no difference between a starting character who erupted the day before the session starts and one who erupted 6 years before.

Doesn't mean everyone thinks of that, or wants to do it.

However, just pointing it out.

The youngest erupted character I've run experienced eruption at the age of 8. He ended up as part of a group by the age of 12, as it took much of four years for him to learn to control his mental abilities.

Graned, even that was pushing it, but it was a fun concept, and so I went with it. plus, it gave me the excuse to run a character with a genius IQ and the emotional maturity/stability of a kid. Well, he kind of WAS a kid. Makes sense. Espcilally with the kind of ego swelling suddenly becoming a rocket scientist must give you.

It is a fun concept but I understand why a lot of players won't do it. smile

For the Moderators:

No trying to be pushy but I have no idea how many forumites there are or how long polls like this should run. I think I originally set it for one week. It should expire tonight at midnight.

When it is over will there be a mod announcement on the thread or do we all just start running with it?

Quote:
Originally posted by Liam Stewart: TAG:
It is a fun concept but I understand why a lot of players won't do it. smile
I agree.

Plus, there seems to be a pretty heavy prejudice against playing "the kid."

A young'un with superpowers has TONS of roleplaying capacity, fraught with plot hooks, etc. and so on. It's a really cool thing.

Juuuust not something a lot of people want to get into, because of all the other baggage that goes along with it.

Gives me a thought for a game idea though. Degrassi (Or any other school shoe, Degrassi comes up because I saw Chasing Amy WAY too recently) with Novas.

Well, not really.

Above and beyond the idea of a Teen 2M, I got thinking about a "Nova Academy" of some sort, like military school for annoying kids with godlike power.

I'd imagine that parents of someone who could light them on fire with one hormone-laden teen rebellious thought would be happy to ship their kids off to some Utopia school (or a private one, for that matter. That has some sinister applications). Kind of X-Men-ish.

Not the most original of ideas, but rife with hooks, angles , and interesting twists.

"Psst. Jimmy. Find out if Casie likes me!"

"Kevin, she has super-hearing."

Wonder if I could get my gamers to play a bunch of rebellious teens.

The Eleventh Wonder of the World has WAY too much time on his hands.

Archived