Minerva 'Mainframe'

Minerva logged off her opnet connection, thinking about what she had just done, and finder herself both elated and sad, and she stood up to look in the mirror on one side of her office.

"That was exceptionally stupid, especially for someone as smart as you.. but, it was also a lot of fun.. "

Then she sighed. "I really shouldn't have hacked into the system, but I was bored, ten thousand files sorting though, a half dozen interviews today, and I've hacked into the pentagon in the past.. that was no challenge. Still, the trading of insults with Jael was fun.. maybe the most real human contact I've had in a while." She paused a moment, then blinked as she realized that she felt honest affection for the girl now. "You trade insults for a while, and now you like her.. why do you think that is?"

She looked herself in the eye, in the mirror, and shook her head slightly. "Admit it, it's not that your bored, girl, it's that your lonely, being this smart has been as much a curse as a blessing, the distance from the rest of humanity isn't been to your benefit socially." She knew that she was right, as she sat down and admitted it to herself, at least. "And being a telepath hasn't helped either."

"So, can we, or should we try and fix it?" She thought about it, she wasn't socially inept, but she was no where near the capabilities of nova's who were, she would be completely outclassed, but she knew she wanted more of a social life. "Well, it requires some thought about the best manner of doing so.. if I don't want to just do things that are impulsive and stupid like tonight."

Archived