Mutants & Masterminds: Future Imperfect - Cat on a Wire

Joani

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Travis looked at Grav, he wondered if he should know those names, if he had at one point known them. Now he didn't, they were as foreign as his own name had been when he first looked into his tattered wallet that night in the homeless shelter.

Looking at Dillinger he shook his head, "You want to go back to the government lab? Are you nuts? Why? How can the risk be worth it? Just run. Flee, right now, and never look back." Travis seemed perplexed by the idea of walking into the proverbial lion's den, and risking capture, just to fake a death.

Originally Posted By: Grav
"Do the names Karl Adam Black and Lorelei Black mean anything to you Dillinger?"

Dillinger narrowed his eyes as Grav spoke out those names. He obviously knew but hesitated to answer. Fortunately Travis put the focus on something entirely different, something he gladly answered instead of Grav's question.

"Yes - for several reasons. I want to destroy the lab, I want to remove some very vital data from their network. There is a server room which is off the net. It has a very tightly and highly secured schedule for backups - the only time when the whole system goes online and it only stays for roughly 17 seconds online, then it shuts down again. They do that over several times a month. If we either destroy the servers and extract some files before we do that we'd have something of great value, not only for Grimes, but maybe for us all.", Dillinger looked at Felicity and sighed.

"I'm really sorry Felicity... I wanted to spare you all this but sooner or later you would've found out the truth. We have to convince them that she died... and destroy all DNA samples they got from her or everything will be futile. They would simply clone her and continue with their research. COntinue with those terrible experiments on their quest for dominance in this 'Mutant War' Grimes is on..."

The way she avoided her question, the look in his eyes, She knew he knew. "That's nice Dillinger, but you didn't answer MY question."

"You obviously know something, and I'd like to hear it. Tell me what you know."

With all the talk of cloning, and the snippet of information that the collars were designed after her powers, it didn't take long for Felicity to realize how bad things really had been. Keeping her in protective custody, studying her powers by experimenting on clones, all while leaving her in the dark?

She then had a horrible feeling. No matter how much we fake my death, it will not work. Because they know...too much, then.

Looking at Grav, who had many unanswered questions like herself, she waited for Mister Dillinger to address her before putting her issues on the table.

They will never believe I'd be dead...ever. she thought as the implications and uncertainties of the last twenty years starting burning in her throat.

Originally Posted By: Grav
"You obviously know something, and I'd like to hear it. Tell me what you know."

Dillinger obviously didn't like that question and his muscles around his jaw twitched under his skin before he answered. He had preferred to walk out now instead of sharing this with anyone but he started it...

"They're my parents... at least from a genetically point of view. I never really met them, just know their portfolios from the database. That enough for you? How do you know those names?"

Travis quirked an eyebrow, he looked from Grav to Dillinger and back. Watching, waiting; he wasn't sure what this all meant, but he had the suspicion that he would find out shortly. Ever ready for violence Travis prepared to act as pacifier if the need be; the less attention they drew to themselves the better.

With cool, feline regard, Felicienne watched and listened as the others talked, her large, green eyes giving away nothing of her suspicions or concerns. Family... well, for whatever reason - a genetic quirk or mental aberration - it had never meant as much to her as it did to most others. She barely remembered her mother, who had abandoned her and her father when she was just a child, and she had parted ways with her father of her own accord after one particular instance she hadn't agreed with, among a host of others. She had never suffered any pangs of lost, so it was hard for her to empathize with whatever Dillinger and Grav must have been feeling.

On the other hand, the way the American Government had used Felicity, and what they had developed from her mutant capabilities and mutant genetics filled her with a great deal of concern, particularly for herself. She hadn't believed the technology had progressed so far. Perhaps, my father, he is not being wrong to assassinate that American base commander in Germany. If this is what is being developed here in the MIC, I am fearing what is being done in Germany...

Chewing on her order of parrillado, and avoiding as much of the vegetables as she could, kept to a reserved silence, offering only one small comment on something Travis brought up. "If they are fleeing, Travis, that will be meaning the government, they will keep chasing. I am seeing Dillinger wanting to misdirect them."

She glanced at Dillinger and Felicity, a slight tilt to her head, green-gold eyes impassive. "That is not meaning I am willing to risk my life to be going back there without a reason that is very good."

Felicity nodded when Felicienne voiced her doubts concerning going back to the facility.  "I am not sure we should go there either - destroying research is one thing, that will certainly set them back, but they will never believe it if you fake my death."

Her voice rose by half an octave and picked up a bit of speed. "I mean, if they tried to clone me, researched my powers...they should know that'd be impossible right? How much did they learn?"

"Because they're my great-grandparents." Her voice was Dark, and any attempt to see if she was lying easily revealed that she believed what she said.

She looked to Felicity. "Enough to develop the collars that supress our powers. And the Russians developed a formula that would for a few minutes at least give a mutant unrestricted use of their powers."

Travis sat back. "Holy shit. Are you serious? A cure? Or at least something of a medicinal?" Even if it couldn't cure the virus outright, the ability to fully exert one's powers without risk of the virus tearing your insides apart was something that Travis had no memory of. "Damn. A cure." Travis stared at the table in disbelief.

I saw the video of it in action yes. "Either it worked as they said, or that was the luckiest mutant alive to push his powers for five minutes without suffering any ill-effect."

She looked at him. "I have no idea if the drug has any negative effects, but the fact we haven't seen much of it leads me to believe it has fairly dramatic ones."

“That is not my primary concern, though. It is something that gives Grimes fuel for his madness. I will go back to the lab... but maybe you won’t have to come with me, Felicity.”, Dillinger looked at Travis and Felicienne.

“I saw how you dealt with that Blackhammer – maybe you could protect her, take her to safety while I go back to the “Lion’s Den” and do what must be done.”, Dillinger explained and refocused his attention on Grav for whom he suddenly felt a very close kinship.

“And if you want to find out something about your past and heritage... all evidence is in that lab. I could need some extra support, especially of your kind. Together we could make it.”, Dillinger hoped she would agree but even if she didn’t – his mind was set, he would go there and destroy everything, even if it killed him.

Travis looked at Dillinger like he would a very dull child after trying for the fifth time to explain a simple concept. "Wow. Seriously. What kind of stupid are you? Do I look like a babysitter? Does she look like a babysitter?" He held up a hand, forestalling any reply. "I'll answer that for you. No, we do not look like babysitters. Either together or separately. Seriously, what kind of crack are you on, asking a school teacher to help you break into a military base. ... does this crappy plan show portents to your crappy plans elsewhere?" Travis shook his head in exasperation.

The table was silent for a moment. Travis finally looked up from his mean, a mostly devoured chicken molé. "If you really want to do this, if this crap isn't a sham, isn't some wad of dung meant to lure all us into a big ol' heap of shit. If you are for real about any of this then you need more power. You need people trained for this kind of thing. People with the skills and abilities to get this done right and get out alive again. Not just you and a teacher."

Any 'job' Felicienne decided to undertake was a balance between risk and reward, and admittedly, thrill. At the moment, she wasn't looking for thrills. But the possibility of something that could lead to a cure, a life without the Virus wracking her... that was a big reward. Unfortunately, the ones wanting to steal into the lad had little skill in breaking and entering, though the teacher's ability to make hole's in space would be useful, more than useful.

And she was in more than full agreement with Travis - a babysitter, she was not.

"I am agreeing with Travis, you are needing help, and skilled help, if you are to succeed. I have some... experience, in such matters." And perhaps, I am finding something that is of some value to myself, during this excursion. And if things, they are not going well, I am believing I am sill being capable of getting away.

Her green eyes, hard and reflective, narrowed as she focused on Dillinger. Her nails lengthened into sharp claws, digging at wooden surface of the table. "But I am warning you, if this is being a trap, I will be doing all I can to hurt you." Her eyes flicked to Felicity for a bare instant. "Like a cat, I am capable of being vindictive, no?"

Anna looked to them all and held up her hands. "Alright wait. Splitting up is stupid, I totally agree with that sentiment."

"And As I told you, it was a video of the Russians with a possible cure, not the Americans. This lab has no cure, or none in my brief stay I was made aware of."

"Getting the Data seems to be something we need to do, but are we sure it's only stored in this one lab? If it isn't, then making this run only tips our hand and draws Grimes' ire to us even moreso."

She looked at Dillinger. "Regarding my heritage, Yes i want to know, and Grimes knows that. He's likely set some sort of trap since he's aware of what I can do."

Felicity had kept quiet for some time, seeing as she had no experience or skill in breaking in, or even what the lab was supposed to have that was so important. But in her mind the puzzle pieces locked into place, and she decided it had been enough.

"Mister Dillinger, I don't think you should be going back to the facility any time soon. And I also don't think sending me away from danger is going to help. Hear me out."

She took a deep breath, her amber-brown eyes focused on the table as if she wanted to burn a hole in them.

"You say they cloned me? And used clones to research my powers? And now these powers of mine are being used to stop mutants, imprison them, change them and worse. In the end, no matter what they got in their heads, I am responsible. If I hadn't been so naieve and willing to be safe, none of this might have happened."

Poking the table with one finger, her tone lowered till a hissing whisper.

"I grew up in an age of heroes, but when the time came when I could've made a difference, I hid and played dumb. I am simply too old to play kid's games, I've got to help make things right again. If we do decide - all of us together - that we go back, I come along. But I believe we should play it smart. We need allies, we need information and preparation."

"I mean, how else did she get sent to pick you up - when we weren't even at the MIC yet? We could still be tracked, in other ways, and they know you'll want to go back for some juicy data."

Her eyes became very dark as she clenched her fists.

"And I am not too good at fighting, but if someone stands in our way I'll give them triple coronaries and settle it that way. You can't keep me safe forever, mister Dillinger. I don't need a babysitter, or two. I'll never grow up if I only keep relying on others."

Dillinger looked at Felicity and it was obvious that he really cared for her, like an older brother or even a father. He listened briefly to what the women said but it seemed to fade into the background since his eyes were focused on Travis.

After a moment of silence he nodded, his face had become an emotionless frozen mask.

“You’re all right – Felicity – you can stay here or go where ever you want – I know what I have to do but I won’t force you to come with me. You guys – do whatever you like, I call our deal off and take care of things myself. Everyone is up to himself anyway. I’m sorry for wasting your time.”, he reached into his pocket and fumbled a 20-dollar bill on the table.

“If you would excuse me now – I gotta go.”, he stood up and gave everyone a brief nod.

With a flash Felicity's hand grasped the sleeve of Dillinger's shirt. "Mister Dillinger, please. You've done all this effort to get me out of that place, and now you want to go back? I don't understand..."

She felt that the tension in his body didn't dissipate, still one muscle fiber away from moving off.

"I can't come with you, your work would be for nothing if we got caught. Is what's in there so important, that you going in and risking life and limb can mean more than a bit of delay on the part of the military? Won't they just pick up where they left off?"

She let her hand slide down back at the table surface - if Dillinger hadn't realized by now he'd be walking into a hopeless death trap, she had no means to stop him.

Felicienne regarded Dillinger and Felicity with pitiless green eyes, unmoved by their plight or concern. She had offered her aid, since it was aid they desperately needed, and she believed their was a chance of retrieving something worthwhile for herself. But it was seeming that wasn't entirely the case and Dillinger called the whole deal off. So be it, she would not beg.

She gave a shrug, then glanced at Travis and arched a brow, silently asking him if he wanted to press the case to help Dillinger and Felicity. There was a possible reward, but if they didn't help the two, Felicienne and Travis wouldn't be any worse off.

Travis rolled a shoulder in a bored shrug at Felicienne's questioning look. He didn't like the guy much. He was an ass, and he'd collaborated with people testing on, and experimenting with, mutants. As far as Travis was concerned he was a traitor trying to flip back to the right side now that he'd seen how very wrong he was, or worse, that he chose the losing side. Deep in the recesses of his mind some part of the man who Travis was before still existed, it was why he acted the way he did sometimes, and the reason he could do so much of what he could do, it was also the part of him that was most deeply an asshole.

"You're a moron Dillinger." The others looked at his sharply and Travis sneered with contempt, "I call it like I see it. He's a power leech who plans to try and infiltrate a secret military base all by himself. That's pretty fuckin' dumb." He shook his head as he looked at Dillinger, the man seemed determined to get himself killed, or he knew something that he hadn't told the rest of them. "So I figure you either have a death wish, or you know something that you haven't mentioned yet. You could be looking to get yourself offed in some kind of masochistic bid to atone for what you've done, but I'm going to guess not, if you'd wanted to do that you could have done so a few times this evening already. So I'm going to wager you know something more and are holding it close." Travis shrugged and took a drink of his margarita, "If you really want to succeed you know you need help, but by the look of things none of us are ready to jump up and offer, so either walk away, or sit your ass down and speak your peace, all of it, and then maybe some, or all, of us might agree to help you out."

Originally Posted By: Travis Kincaid
Travis shrugged and took a drink of his margarita, "If you really want to succeed you know you need help, but by the look of things none of us are ready to jump up and offer, so either walk away, or sit your ass down and speak your peace, all of it, and then maybe some, or all, of us might agree to help you out."

Dillinger was keeping his determined, frozen masklike stare and shook his head, "I will probably need help, but I'm not considering yours, thank you. I've dealt with enough assholes, don't need another one around me. Do whatever you want - I don't know you, you just know my name - no harm done, yet...", he gave Felicity a wan smile and withdrew his hand, then he turned around and walked out.

Felicity's conflicted mind raced through the options open at the moment. As it stood, Mister Dillinger would be running into a man-trap with eyes open. Even though he wouldn't be going in unprepared without a plan, she knew there'd be little time before something might go wrong - and he wouldn't accept any help at this time.

She also couldn't join him, lest she undo all the work he'd done to get her out of the military's influence. But alone, she also stood no chance, since as the military found her before, there was no reason to believe they wouldn't do so again.

That left her with only one option - stay with the other three Mutants at the table, find allies, and fix this mess before it went even further out of hand.

She sighed as Mister Dillinger proceeded to walk out of the restaurant.  "Well then," she said as she looked each of the seated in the eyes, "it seems that we are on our own. Getting allies and information seems like a good plan, that way we can all get what we want with a minimum of danger. Anyone have a suggestion for a place to start?"

From the corner of her eyes she watched Dillinger's silhouette leave, and she couldn't suppress the pang in her heart as he left her life, possibly for good...

Travis watched Dillinger leave. He felt a twinge of something, perhaps guilt, or more likely remorse; remorse at not getting more information out of the man. He gave a light shrug, he knew he acted like an ass, but Dillinger was little better; joking about a fellow mutant's possible demise, working for the government all those years when he knew exactly what they were doing, no, Dillinger was worse by far. Travis finished his drink and attacked the plate of food before him, silently digging into his carnitas as he pondered his next move, watching and waiting for the others to get into it. He knew he wanted, no, needed, to find Ronnie, to know she was still alive, and if not to find out who needed to die. Beyond that he was most concerned with getting another margarita.

Anna sat there and shook her head. "That could have gone better." She started eating the quesadillas she'd ordered, thinking. "First, thank you for removing the collar. I had my own plans to do so, but I doubt it would have gone so well."

She nodded. "I was tempted to go, but with so few of us, I don't see assaulting a fortress to be a good idea. There are still things though that I would like to know."

"Primarily, what are our plans now?"

Finishing the last bite of her parrillado, Felicienne gave Anna a condescending look. "One is not assaulting a fortress or military base. You... penetrate with stealth, skill, and guile, no?" Her green eyes, large and hard and unblinking gave away nothing of what she felt as she reached into her tight pack and tossed a thick roll of cash between Anna and Felicity. "As for my plans, they are not involving looking after a pair of mutants who are not being able to stay out of the hands of the military."

The striking, feline woman leaned back in the booth, sipping her drink, outwardly unperturbed by Dillinger's dismissal or her own callous regard for her fellow mutants. Yet Travis could see her eyes dart again to the door. Dillinger's feelings meant nothing to her, but the thrill of the challenge grew more and more compelling the more they said it was impossible. Finally, with a silent snarl, Felicienne glided to her feet.

"Bon! You are all thinking this thing, it is too dangerous, too difficult for so few. Bah! Few, it is being better, " she scoffed, "I am showing you it can be done. Wait here."

Taking their acquiescence for granted, Felicienne flowed out of the restaurant with silent grace. She paused at the door to catch Dillinger's scent, then began to chase him down with a fluid, striking speed. He would accept her - their - help if she had to shred him into submission or claw the information out of him so they could go without him.

So Travis was an asshole? What of it? He was a charming asshole and it wasn't his charm she was occasionally interested in. Right now, it wasn't even that she was interested in, but rather his - and white-hair's - mutant capabilities that occupied her thoughts. With those, this score might be achievable even with the addition of rank amateurs.

The sleek smile on her full lips was predatory and enticingly vicious.

Felicity observed the predatory woman leave. She felt uncomfortable at all this, but the words she spoke had inspired her with some courage. Even if she did it just for the kicks, the woman did something, which was all that really mattered.

She didn't really know whether to be happy or not that no one at the table seemed to grasp that she was not a child, and could fend for herself if needed.

Your own fault, dummy, she mused to herself, for not kicking ass and taking names. Ah well, maybe I will get a chance to prove myself yet...

"Alright then,"  she addressed Anna and Travis.  "Before any more ideas spring up about how I am a helpless teenager and need a knight in silver armor to protect me all the time - trust me, you get tired of that after a decade or two - could we start planning on what we're going to do or prepare for once she comes back?"

Travis had remained fairly calm through the whole thing, retaining his control over the little telekinetic bleed-offs that occasionally slipped out. Now however, he watched as the salt and pepper danced and then tipped over. He closed his eyes for a moment, focused on the pork in his mouth, and breathed slowly through his nose until he could clamp down on the excess power that he had to nearly constantly fight.

After a quiet moment he opened his eyes and looked at the two women across from him. Both were attractive in their own way, very attractive, he'd failed to see that earlier. Had it not been for their questions things could have played out differently; certainly more fun. "I don't know what you are doing next, but I have a friend who is still in Vegas, and I need to find her."

"I can't go back there. Grimes had the cops, or at least his goons dressed as cops with a very legit-looking car pick me up in my neighborhood, supposedly for harboring fugitive mutants."

"That said, I can get you into town easy enough, without you having to worry about travel and the like."

Dillinger had covered quiet a distance in the short time or Felicienne underestimated how long they kept eating and discussing things before she decided to take things into her own hands.

Click to reveal.. (Dillinger on the phone)

Dillinger dialed a number on his phone and waited impatiently. A female voice answered it requesting a code and personal ID from him which he quickly delivered. After another pause a male voice picked up the call.

"Haven't heard from you in a while."

"Shut up and listen.", Dillinger barked keeping his voice as low as possible.

"I think I've found someone you're looking for."

"Name?"

"I don't know his fucking name - I think his last alias was Kincaid."

Pause...

"I don't have much time, just tell her I know where he is."

This time a female voice answered.

"Don't hang up, we trace you."

Dillinger stowed away the phone and turned around to check the road when he suddenly stopped.

That's when Felicienne had caught up with him.

"Anything wrong, lady? I thought everything had been said or do you want to deliver a personal insult? It's not like I haven't gotten enough of that lately - just make sure to come real close... or are you afraid of touching me?", Dillinger was obviously in a foul mood.

Travis dropped his knife and fork, they hesitated for a moment on the way down. Travis was agitated, his telekinetic dysfunction was starting to show itself, leak past his careful control. He sighed, "Where do you plan to go?" He looked at Grav and despite the asshole behavior she and Felicity got a sense of something more lurking deep behind his eyes. "If you need help, ask for it." He studied her, waiting for a reply, and then looked at Felicity, "Same goes for you."

Felicienne's ear twitched, catching the last few words of Dillinger's conversation on the phone, but she contended herself with a mere narrowing of her green eyes... and stopping out of reach. You are knowing where he is, do you? The only man you have been in contact with since the MIC, it is being Travis...

"I am thinking it is being better this way, until you are hearing my proposition," Felicienne replied coolly, not in the least ashamed of her caution. She waved a hand back the way she had come. "The others, they are saying penetrating the lab, it is being too dangerous. Am I thinking, it is possible... provided we are using the advantages we are having at hand. Are you willing to reconsider working with Travis, asshole he may be?"

Her voice dropped into a daring purr, balancing on the balls of her feet, poised to slip further out of reach if Dillinger made a hostile movement. And as far as she was concerned, from what she saw, a mere touch could be dangerous. She flicked a finger toward where he had stowed his phone.

"After all, if you are leaving, you will not be able to reveal where Travis is to your contact, no?"

Felicity observed the marked change in Travis' attitude. His earlier statements regarding a possible cure for the virus seemed eager, perhaps the hope for relief triggered this, or perhaps he wasn't such a curmudgeon as he had hoped to portray himself.

"I need help, yes. Given that I've been out of touch with the world for over a decade and it all went to pieces while I was out, I can't help but feel lost. But not just for me, but for all of us. These are the darkest days for Mutants and ordinary people alike. If there's some way to break this terrible status-quo, we should go for it. Try and make things better, give us all some peace of mind."

She sighed, playing with the straw in her coke bottle. Her soft golden eyes turned gloomy.

"Call me old-fashioned, but I don't like the way the world is - can't imagine anyone who does. But unless we stick together and find a way, all we do is run and hide until we die."

"Speaking of which, are any of you hurt? As in cut-or-beat-up hurt? Wouldn't do to start any journey, alone or as a group, with half of us being in the repair shop."

Dillinger sighed and grinded his teeth as he went through several scenarios in his head. He looked down and after a moment met Felicienne’s eyes with the same detached distance he displayed earlier at the table.

“Actually I’m not considering working with him.”, he stated flatly and then changed his demeanour totally as he followed up with agitated expression, “Don’t you think it is highly questionable to find two Class Vs this close together at the MIC? I have no idea ‘bout your friend but he handled a Blackhammer all by himself. Those suits are designed to deal with up to ten class IIIs at the same time. I’ve seen the field tests. I know that Felicity is a Class V mutant, that’s why they kept her locked up. White-Hair is a Class V – I can tell since I know what she’s capable of. Your friend plays in the same league. I can’t tell about you, but you seem fairly intelligent, you can make your own conclusions.”

He put his hands on his hips and then turned away from her, “You won’t believe anything I say anyway so what’s the difference? Why bother? Your friend has it all figured out, go back to him if you want or stay with me and find out the truth. I don’t fucking care anymore. This is bigger than any of you. If we don’t find a cure soon we’ll be all toast by the end of next year. I won’t wait that long and the first target is that military lab.”, he slowly turned back to face her again.

“You’ve got no idea who you’re dealing with, ma chere...”

"You are being right, we am not knowing all that we are dealing with," Felicienne admitted, "that is why am I wanting to... peruse this lab you are mentioning as well, and why I am convincing the others, it is being possible. If we are working together."

She crossed her arms, standing at ease with a cocked hip, but ready to move at a moment's notice. "You, you are knowing this lab. White-hair she can be helping us get in. Travis - you are not liking him and he is not liking - it is no matter, you are not being children, no? He is being the muscle in case things, they are not going well. L'outre - Felicity? Hmph! - true, I am not knowing her capabilities, why do you not enlighten me? You see, I am the one with the skill and experience to attempt this." She gave him a tight-lipped, confident smirk.

And now, I am not trusting you out of sight, ma chere. But the phone, you are not going to be keeping it for long.

"You are saying you are wanting help. Now, you are having it." She arched a sable brow in challenge. "Unless of course, you are not being professional enough to work with someone you are not liking. For what it is being worth, Travis, he is not being a bad man. He will help a woman, if he can." Her grin narrowed. "Even if he is having base motives for doing so."

"I'm fine. Unless you can cure up the virus. It takes more than a three hundred foot drop to hurt me." Travis poked at his food, "I get what it is you want to do, but like I said, I have a friend who is out there and I need to find her first. I can't help you until I do that. Fact is though that I don't trust that pal of yours. Anybody who worked for the normals doing experiments on mutants that lead to tech like that collar doesn't get my trust for free, he's got to earn it."

"I can't cure the virus I'm afraid - at least I don't think I can, I never tried. I do know that the damage caused by it is something that is so invasive to a Mutant, that I can't heal it with my powers."

She put her hands in her lap and shrugged. "Funny isn't it - if someone puts a bullet in your head I can bring you back from a shallow grave. But if the virus gives you a nasty cough, I'm powerless to act."

She smiled that wan smile you find on people who have grown old too soon - or in her case, showing her age. "If your lady friend out there returns and the decision is to leave, we will. We can go and find your lost friend, gather information and allies on the way, and come back here and do what we set out to do. We can do that."

Her smile flashed up a sunnier shade. "I am confident we can."

Anna looked at them and nodded. I don't have anything really anymore. If I use any of my credit cards, they'll track me."

She shrugged. "For now, I'd rather stay with you. I can effect a good transport for us, as we need it." She smiled. "I would like to know more about just what is going on, but it can wait for now, I don't really have any attachments anymore."

Travis waved his hand, "Don't worry about money, I have plenty. Just don't ask where it came from." He was silent for a moment, "Fuck, this whole thing is just FUBAR. I mean, I suppose we could see it coming; what with the internment camps, err, I mean the MICs, but I didn't expect them to have the kind of hardware we saw earlier." He drummed his fingers on the table, the silverware skittering about, more signs of telekinetic bleed off, "I can't promise either of you anything. I wish I could say that I know I safe place, but I don't. I wish I could say we'll beat them and find a cure, if one exists, but I can't." He shrugged, "Them's the breaks. If you two are done, let's blow this joint. I got a friend to find."

Archived