Aberrant RPG - D20 Aberrant Preview!

Blaine

Looks very interesting indeed. I see they've also shifted the Quantum Power Levels around, which is a good thing. Clone with techniques! How cool!

I'm really liking the archetype-class concept; It's simple to manage without being restrictive, and hopefully, there'll be more than 6 classes here (because I'm not sure you'll be able to show the massive range of people you can get becoming a nova with only six classes. That said, If they do it well, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

However, what I'm really wondering about is how they'll put Mega-Attributes in, which is absent from the preview. Megas have always been one of the more interesting parts of the system, I'd like to see how they manage to implement them in d20.

The A! didn't have very many classes either, but with multiclassing, Prestige Classes (like the example they gave) and Quantum levels that should accomidate most concepts I think.

Some of the powers (mostly level 3) can't be reached at first level I believe. That leads me to think the default starting level might be around 3 or 4. You need to take at least 1 quantum level after adding the Template (meaning you're minimum level is 2) and that will allow you access to level 2 powers, and then another Quantum level (minimum level 3 now) to get level 3 powers, so I imagine most characters will likely start at level 3 or 4 to simulate a beginning character options from the ST Aberrant game.

How about Node? Is it a background Feat? According to the preview it looks like you're limited to 6 Quantum points per turn. If Node is a Background Feat, would that raise the per turn expenditure?

You can tell us that right? Pwweeeeease?

Archived