Aberrant RPG - Aberrant: The Movie (no, dont get excited)

Dr. Zero

My friends and I have always thought Aberrant would make a great movie. As a screen-writer myself I have, just for fun mind you, written out the first 15 min or so screenplay style. My questions are these...

What actors would you use to play certain characters?

What would be the central character and plot?

Ive got a few thoughts but Ill wait to reply to others with them... cept for this, which occured to me just now

Why not make Divis Mal CGI for specific purposes of him being superhumanly beautiful... having seen Final Fantasy Spirits Within (god help my soul) I think that a perfectly realistic, albeit incredibly smooth and beautiful, character can be made to interact with humans.

Hell it would even be an homage to Roger Rabbit!

Dameonbard

Here's an odd little thought. Mask the actors playing baselines and baseline background with a CGI removing some of the fine details but keep the novas with depth and vibrant color. The idea is that, if you can't make the perfectly beautiful person let alone several of them, make the rest of the world seem drab by comparison. Plot and character take a little more thought.

Roger Rabit and novas? And I thought I was out there... wink

1: Don't go CGI except for power use.

2: Don't shoot for famous actors that look the part but can't play it.

3: For all the hype, glamour, and glory, Novas (at least the non-aberration sporting ones) are look normal. The really good looking ones though may need some post-production alteration digitally.

4: Don't be afraid to have a BIG fight happen. They seem to happen most between Elites or, if you want a scene dealing with it, the XWF.

5: Stick to material in the books, but don't be afraid to add to it in a way that doesn't wreck the foundation.

In other words...

You've seen a bad comicbook movie done, and you may have seen a good one done, take examples form both on how TO and how NOT TO do it.

In my ideal world Mark Blucas would play the part of Cody and could even pull off the accent.

Yeah, I know its not what you were really looking for but I've never agreed with anyone's picks for canon characters. Except for Alyson Hannigan playing the part of Slider. Whoever came up with that one pegged the character dead on in my book.

• 7 months later...
Quote:
Originally posted by Sakurako 'Endeavor' Hino:
1: Don't go CGI except for power use.
2: Don't shoot for famous actors that look the part but can't play it.
3: For all the hype, glamour, and glory, Novas (at least the non-aberration sporting ones) are look normal. The really good looking ones though may need some post-production alteration digitally.
4: Don't be afraid to have a BIG fight happen. They seem to happen most between Elites or, if you want a scene dealing with it, the XWF.
5: Stick to material in the books, but don't be afraid to add to it in a way that doesn't wreck the foundation.

In other words...
You've seen a bad comicbook movie done, and you may have seen a good one done, take examples form both on how TO and how NOT TO do it.
You pegged this one!

I was so disappointed after seeing Daredevil!

Spiderman & X-men, while alterered, were more than within the realm of good taste. The fact that parker could spin webs made more sense than a chemistry genius that could come up with a compound that companies would pay millions for, but he did not know how to pay the bills and a DNA alteration of the spiders comes to mind?

Main Character: Andre Corbin

Because he is one of the major players in Aberrant, and one of the least covered.

Actor: Scott Wolfe (Party of Five, looks like Tom Cruise)

Plot: open with an overview from 1998-2008, with a v/o from Corbin detailing formation of T2M, Utopia, etc... cover the major points of the timeline (including Divis, Teragen...) then into details of his origin, recruitment, disappointment, friendship with Jennifer, dismissal...and start the movie a few days before his locker room conversation with her...take us more slowly through her death and his flight from her eulogy...even more slowly through the creation of the Aberrants....then montage of his 'Quarry' years, as he slowly accumulates information on Proteus...then 'turning himself in', and breaking the news of Proteus to a public who barely cares....so, basically the canon storyline with Andre as the main character, IMHO, for the first movie, anyway.

Also, you would need lots and lots of cameos...Novas are kind of a metaphor for the uberfamous, so it seems to me that you would need the uberfamous to link the two in the audiences mind.

Slider- Jennifer Aniston

Caestus Pax- The Rock

Divis Mal- Brad Pitt

Randall Portman- Keanu Reeves

Sophia Rousseau- Gillian Anderson

Alejandra- um, J-Lo, of course

Archived