Aberrant RPG - Aberrant: Brainwaves

Argent_

Just recently, Bruce Baugh decided to post his "so far" work on Asia Ascendant on rpg.net here . Following, Steve Kenson decided to share in, and provided a link on his uncompleted work for Aberrant, Brainwaves. This was supposed to be the "mega-mental" follow-up to the mega-socials of "Cult of personality".

Aren´t they kind, lovely human beings?

Edit: I´m skimming through Brainwaves as I type this, and it looks to be full of interesting goodies, as well as fluff on our beloved Mega-mentals. I´m definitely going to use this for some angles on Argent - hell, might even get inspired enough to return to the IC forums (and pull Gwyneth and Nimrod with me) in style. Hopefully, this won´t be as technophobic as the guidelines in A: year One.

I am contemplating doing the design/layout work on both Brainwaves and Asia Ascendant to make a more complete downloadable pdf. This would replace the straight text with the formatting used in all the other books in the line. My question is, would this interest anyone? I don't want to do it if people don't care for that and are just happy to have the text. So if this is something that you actually want, please let me know.

Also, I thought I would poll the interest here before asking the authors/developer for their permission, which I will do if people tell me that they are interested.

Widget, I sent you a PM.

I have said for the past 2 years, or whenever the Legions book came out and it looked like we weren't going to get any more official books, that I would gladly do anything in my power to make sure that any books that were developed see the light of day, and in a decent format. Since there was nothing that I could do to help the material be released (but thank heavens for Steve and Bruce), I want to do what I can to make the material appealing to as many people as possible. I just don't know if doing the page layouts will make that big of a difference to people, and wanted to know if there were people that preferred the no formatting so that they could just read straight test.

... not mention a little thing known as "superiors". Equivalent to the inspired but not the same.

wink

<font face="Times New Roman" size="5" color="#BC47ED">W</font><font face="Times New Roman" size="2"><font color="#D673FF">idget,</font><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="1">

Okay, I'm gone a month, and the universe shifted on it's FRIGGIN axis! :P

Chosen, I hope you can get those PDFs set up soon! I want to see this stuff.

Not to mention I'll have to mod Endeavor a bit further... I sorta like the idea of the Nihonjin type nova. Not too powerful, but dosen't worry about taint. Although I might keep Endeavor where she is. I still have to tweak a bit, and this new data just makes things more interesting. I need to see that Brainwave stuff though.

You realize that Japan has more than nova tech, they still have actual novas? If the Chinese take the Eden novas up on their offer to assist in clearing out the Aberrant incursion and the taint poisons, that opens the door for Japan to partially reveal the presence of it's own novas.

Not to mention the novas that have been working for AEON for the last 70 years.

smile

<font face="Times New Roman" size="5" color="#BC47ED">W</font><font face="Times New Roman" size="2"><font color="#D673FF">idget,</font><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="1">

Sorry, just had to post again and comment on the fact that releasing material they did not have to for a game that has no more official support makes the Aeon Continuum team nigh upon Gods in my book...The Quantum powered version, natch...

The Eleventh Wonder of the World--Crackling with Taint filled goodness...

Archived