Aberrant RPG - Sources of Injury: Fire

NFVD

Lo all,

Ok, in a scene in the Aberrant session im running tomorrow my nova PCs are going to be trapped in a burning basement by en evil fire-mastery antagonist. I have determined the conflagration does 12 levels of lethal damage per turn, but I am unsure about the rules: are these 12 *automatic* levels of damage or 12d10 L ?

If you're talking about the fire damage rules from page 256 they talk about 'Damage Effect'. It's an easy one to miss, but as per pages 240-241 (& possibly other places) 'Damage Effect' refers to the amount of dice rolled in a damage dice pool: so yes, it's dice, not automatic levels.

If, on the other hand, you're talking about something which is the result of Elemental Mastery - Fire, then it depends on the Technique being used. Storm, for example, (p. 196) inflicts damage levels, as does Crush (p. 195), whilst Blast, Lethal Blast, & Sphere (p. 195) each inflict damage dice.

Hope that helps. ::biggrin

Hope that helps. ::biggrin

Yup it does, thanks.

It's going to be a "normal" fire in a gasoline-soaked basement even though what starts the conflagration is the villain activating his immolate ability.

I'm expecting an interesting encounter. One of the PCs has the flaws: Vengeance and Hatred against this guy ::ultracool

Archived