Avatar the Last Airbender: A Second Chance - Chapter 1b: Royal Hearing

Lien was still laying down looking at the ceiling when she heard the first of the sounds, it was like a scratching on the walls outside of her room, the rain was covering for them, but every second they seemed to come closer to her window, as a thick mist started rolling through the shutters staying low to the ground, the sounds of the scratching came every time closer to her window.

--------

Lan was soundly sleep, when a thumping woke him up, it was somebody knocking on his door. "Sir, I know it´s late but may I go in?". The voice was melodic, the temperature had dropped lower since he had gone to sleep, the rain had been working its charms on the old castle walls and the air was turning damp and cold.

Click to reveal..

Both of you, perception checks (Mind + Heightened Senses) DC 12, to know something is very very wrong.)

Lan was nervous, and focused, ready for anything, his bending prowess and senses honed by endless training on alert. He and Lien had discussed such suspicious happenings, but he was somewhat suprised.

"Yes, please come in." He backed away from the door, moving off to the opposite side, as if he'd been sitting at the small table.

Click to reveal..
(22:05:04) ChatBot: (Lan_Huo) rolls 2d6 and gets 5,2.+5= 12

Lien's gaze darted nervously around the room at the sounds of scratching as she sat bolt upright in bed. Her hand flicked up, a ball of flame appearing that cast a dim, pink glow about the room. As she watched the mist roll through the window, the flame disappeared, and the young heir to the Fire Kingdom's throne scrambled to hear feet and barely took the time to grab her pack before flinging herself at the door, jerking it open.

Click to reveal..
Lien's Roll (Modified cause I didn't do it right the first time...)

2d6 → [2,5] = (7) + 7 (Mind) = 14

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2739916/

The door slowly opened to Lan`s room, a petite brown skinned girl stands behind it a expressionless mask covering her face split down the middle in a black and white, behind her the wall opposing Lan`s room completely covered in a wall of ice. "Grand Seer Hwang. I`m here for your head, please do not resist as this will just make it harder." a large weapon made completely out of ice materialized from thin air, he dampness on the air permitting it. "I hope you are ready to join the other side Grand Seer."

--------

Just as soon as Lien jerked open the door she was met by a completely opaque wall of ice covering her door, from the other side of it muffled sounds could be heard, but as soon as she started to think of something a thunderous roar burst open the shutters to her window. "Exorcist Wong, your head is to be taken tonight." a creature, for the form of it was barely resembling that of a man except for the head, as his toro was overly muscular and his arms much longer than average, it`s hands ending on long wicked yellow claws like the fangs of a saber tooth moose. "Please do not resist, let your joining to the other side be a quiet arrangement."

Click to reveal..
You can try to talk, try to escape, or outright attack. Your choice =D

Lan Huo was many things, but a coward wasn't one of them. "That's not who I am, and if you think I'll just stand here and allow you to take my head, then lady you've got another thing coming." Fire ignited on his hands, heating the room with azure flame. With the doors open he yelled. "Lien! To arms Assassins!"

Blue Flames billowed around him forming a defensive barrier against the cold.

Lien turned from the barricaded door back towards the creature, her gaze practically flaring with indignation. She dropper her hands to her sides, holding them out just slightly with the fingers spread slightly. A small, low slither of pink flame made it's way across the stone floor to encircle her before flaring to life in her defense. She could hear her brother shouting something at her from the other side of the dense ice, but it was muffled and hard to distinguish.

"I don't know who you think you are - or more importantly, who you think I am.. but I can assure you, I know no one named Exorcist Wong. I am Lien Huo, heir to the Fire Nation, and you WILL step down immediately!"

Click to reveal..
Activating Fire Ring - do I need to roll or spend something for that?

Also, rolling for Intimidation as she speaks:

2d6 → [4,2] = (6) + 9 (Mind/Intimidation) = 15

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2754135/

I think that's right Kult, let me know if I did anything wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

"Of course I did not expect for you to take it laying down Grand Seer, I`m prepared for you, your companion is being dealt with as we speak as well." Creating some kind of crystal whip from her as the based coiled up over her arm. "Are you ready for it, Grand Seer?"

----------------

"It`s of no importance what you think woman, you are going to die tonight under my claws and the Grand Seer too." The twisted claws looked almost man made as they shone a bright white under the moonlight. "Try me Exorcist, we shall see if you still breath after this!"

Click to reveal..

Initiatives:

(14:11:02) (Kultra_DM): Ice Chick -> Claw Dude

(14:13:07) ChatBot: (Kultra_DM) rolls 2d6 and gets 5,4.

(14:13:23) (Kultra_DM): 5 + 4 + 12 = 21

(14:13:35) ChatBot: (Kultra_DM) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,5.

(14:13:51) (Kultra_DM): 2 + 5 + 13 = 20

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived