Ryusei Hideyoshi

Kat watched Narimassa leave to retrieve the children, an odd look in her eyes. She was happy with Ryusei, but found it a bit early calling her an addition to the family. Her feelings may have been running hot and deep, but she had been with her last (and only) boyfriend for three years, and now it seemed, she saw him as a sister. But who knows what's going to happen?

She turned back to the table, facing Ren, flashing impish dimples at the chocolate eyed beauty. "You got it backwards, Ren. My being here is Ryu's present, but he's my present."

The look in Ren's eyes - her promise to give of herself everything - made her feel strange, especially after finally breaking eye contact with Tomas (though even thinking of his name made her give a quick glance his way). She didn't think of girls that way - God knew she tried, after Jason had erupted, they had tried to keep their relationship from changing, but it hadn't worked. Still, she couldn't help thinking what it would be like with this woman, who may have been even smaller than herself. Maybe it couldn't work with Jason because I knew her before she was a girl, and now, she's a girl I thought I wanted to look like.

To cover her prurient thoughts, Katya tilted her head up, kissing Ryusei along his jawline, until she found his mouth.

"You've made me happy too, Ryu," Katya murmured against his throat.

Unaccountably, two pairs of eyes, emerald and chalcedony, flashed in her mind's eye. Her fingers tightened around Ryusei's, her other hand sliding beneath the table, gliding across his thigh.

Ryusei kissed her back, not seeming to care who saw. "Now that certainly makes me glad you were able to come."

He looks to the others, about to say something, when the other three Hideyoshi children come into the room. He looks to Takashi who's scowling, though his eyes sho another kind of displeasure. "Ryusei, if you would please make the introductions, I'm going to go check on my Son."

Ryusei's perdicament was evident... He did not want to be stuck babysitting his siblings at the moment, Katya was clearly worked up and in truth so was he, but he nodded. "Of Course granfather."

Takashi, Yumiko, Saito, We have another sibling, our Father had another beautiful daughter. Saori, is our sister by blood, and Tomas, Edward and Ren through marraige. I ask that you show them the same affection you're supposed to show Sakurako and I." He smiles, and Yumiko laughs, knowing it was a dig at Takashi, who fumes a second then laughs. "Looks like I'm no longer the only one who has to keep you on your toes." Clearly something had clicked in his mind, and he reacted opposite of how Ryusei'd expected.

Yumiko and Saito went over and hugged Saori. "Please don't stay locked away like Sakurako. I like having a big sister around."

Saito went over to Ren and hugged her. "means your our sister too."

Ryusei couldn't help but smile.

Edward watched Tomas and Shae with a subtle but amused smile, noting the effect their attentions were having on Katya, and her transference of the desire they both stirred within her to Saori's brother Ryusei. It wasn't without effect on him either, though focused as it was on another the reaction wasn't quite as strong as he was accustomed to. It was still enough to rouse his desires though, and his touch wasn't quite as chaste as would normally be expected of a guest in a Japanese household as he reached up and grazed his knuckle lightly along Saori's cheek and jawline. Not that Ryusei would probably notice, he seemed quite preoccupied by Katya's provocative demonstrations. He leaned close to Saori, his cheek brushing against the skin still tingling from his touch as his fingers moved to brush her brown silken hair back from her face. He kissed her cheek softly and whispered to her, too low for the others to hear. His voice was a low, pleasant mixture of satisfaction at the direction the evening had taken so far, and the desire that was a result of the interconnectivity that existed between the four spouses.

"I hope this venture has accomplished all you hoped it would, my dear..."

His words were innocent enough, but Saori could pick up on the hidden inflection in them, knowing his calculating mind as she did. Edward would be more than willing to do more if she desired it, up to and including the utter destruction of her father financially, mentally and emotionally. But it would likely destroy any potential future she had with the family that had embraced her, and devastating him financially would have a profound ripple effect on the rest of them too. She knew Edward would prefer not to do so, if for no other reason than the practicality of making two potentially powerful nova enemies. But he was devoted to all three of them, and over the past several months that they'd been together she'd noticed that he, like many of her past older lovers, had a tendency to indulge in some of their whims. Destroying the Hideyoshi clan from the inside out was far more than a mere "whim", but if her happiness depended on it he might be convinced.

The three youngest of Minobu's children arrived back in the room at that moment though, and Edward pulled back from Saori as they entered, sitting properly in his chair and smiling warmly at the three younger children, looking every ounce the polite and charming English businessman.

With the children present, everyone behaved. Ryusei was the dutiful elder brother, and set aside his desires and catered to them, relieved thankfully when Yumiko complined of being tired. After seeing to their baths, he put them all to bed, noticing his grandfather had also already turned in.

He showed The others to their rooms, where they would have privacy, and at last he finally was alone with Katya.

(OOC TBC wherever you choose, Ryusei and Katya will be in "Presents")

• 4 weeks later...

Narimassa answered Katya. "I believe so yes." he was in awe of the transformation of the young woman , and out from the garden Ryusei heard footsteps. He turned to see his father walking up the path. He motioned for Katya to tun and the elder hideyoshi completely halted for ten seconds before resuming his return to the hous.

"I did not know you were also blessed as my son is, Katya." He looks to Ryusei, then to them both. "It would seem this young lady has many secrets Ryusei." there was a twinkle in his eye. "I do believe you have more than your share of our family's luck."

• 1 month later...

They had discussed it a bit last night; Saori wasn't satisfied. It had all been too easy. They'd pushed her father a little and he had collapsed. It had taken some of her delight out of the revelation, and she was in a sour mood after the party ended. It took all of her lovers to draw a smile out of her, but when they did, she admitted why she was troubled. That was when they had assured her that they would talk about it more later, and plan out the next step.

The morning brought another surprise. Katya's rebirth as a member of the One Race was truly exciting. While yesterday, she'd been dismissed by Saori as Ryu's baseline girlfriend, today, she was fellow nova. "Welcome to the One Race," she told the girl softly, a good deal warmer toward than she had been. Impulsively, she offered a hug to the American girl. She smiled good, and Saori whispered, "We'll have to get to know one another better." Her smile was coy and full of promise as she drew back from her. Only her lovers knew that Saori wasn't speaking of just sex with that statement.

Ren smiled shyly out from behind her husbands at the new child of the One Race, dark chocolate eyes taking in every minute quantum change in Katya's being. Behind those eyes, a far more more focused mind than her sleepy countenance showed was cataloguing those changes and putting together all the various ways that this transformation could be advantageous to her family and their plans for Saori's father. She shared her observations with others, as usual, and teased Tomas that the new nova would be far more challenging prey for his pranks now.

Aloud, she merely murmured a silken, "Welcome to the One Race, Katya."

Originally Posted By: Ryusei's Father
"I do believe you have more than your share of our family's luck."

"Oh, I think this might be a bit of my luck, Hideyoshi-san," Katya replied with a mysterious smile, speaking in smooth, fluent Japanese. With fluid grace, she glided into the manor, Ryusei linked on her arm, carrying herself with an elegantly sensual poise, spiced with an impish vivaciousness.

The reception the new Katya received from the Mansfields was a far cry from the dismissive regard she had received yesterday. Or even the arrogantly seductive looks from Tomas, who met his emerald eyes with eyes just as green, an amused, almost reproving, curve to her lips.

Originally Posted By: Saori Mansfield
"Welcome to the One Race." "We'll have to get to know one another better."

Katya returned Saori's embrace with surprising vigor, a hand sliding up her spine with a tingling touch. Sensation had exploded with her eruption and with a simple caress, she could convey, and discover, so much. If she was alarm by the elitist greeting, no sign of it broke through her pleasant and delighted expression. "I think that might have promise," she whispered back, voice smokey and warm. She'd didn't care if they played their games, as long as it didn't hurt her or hers.

She stepped back, eyes once again passing over Tomas, her gaze cool yet wicked. There was an unmistakable stamp of familial resemblance between the two of them, the same seductive green eyes, moon-pale skin, lithe and astonishing beauty. Tomas couldn't help but wonder if his ephemeral suggestion had left an indelible mark upon his former prey, or if she was even aware of what he had done. That dimpled smile revealed nothing while seeming to convey so much.

Originally Posted By: Ren Mansfield
"Welcome to the One Race, Katya."

"You are too kind, Ren-san, but thank-you. I hope I will do credit to the people I now find myself standing among." The new nova's tone was thankful, her Japanese flawless, flavoured with just a hint of an exotic accent, her confident grin juxtaposing with the petite girl's shy smile.

"You show promise." Tomas deadpanned as he came forward next, a smile playing around his pale lips as he leaned forward to hug Katya. He kissed her cheek delicately before stepping away, his manner composed yet friendlier, warmer than it had been towards her yesterday. "Of course I jest." his smile widened. "You are a shining and wondrous addition to the One Race. Welcome, sister."

Devilishly beautiful and mischief-filled eyes glanced at Katya's lover. "And bravo, Ryusei."

Ren grinned and leaned up to whisper clandestinely to Edward. "We should go out, the six of us. Somewhere special, for Katya. A...double date."

The diminutive nova woman grinned up at the elder of her husbands as if there were the greatest idea to have occured since baselines took up fire. While she waited for Edward's response, she shot a look to Saori, to see her thoughts on such an excursion. It would give them time to talk to the other two novas without the rest of the Hideyoshi family around, as well as put them all in together in very public view. It could be a start.

Saori's smile deepened at Shae's suggestion. Let's have a party, too, she thought eagerly. We can invite all sorts of people, make some connections and hopefully sway Ryu and Katya to the philosophy of Teras. She stifled her enthusiasm. But yes, the date sounds like a good start.

"Katya, you should have no worries about 'doing credit'. You are already a credit, as Tomas said." Saori smiled at the other nova before turning to her half-brother. "What is the custom to do now?" She looked eager to be a part of the Hideyoshi Christmas.

Ryusei watched as his half-sister and her family greeted his girlfriend as a member of the One Race. Those words made him cringe inwardly. Kaien used them often when speaking of novas like themselves.

He looked at Tomas and nodded with a brilliant smile. "I knew she was special, I just didn't realize quite how much."

Minobu was seemingly forgotten which suited him well, he went back into the house.

Ryusei looked to the gathered novas. "Well normally I'd suggest going to town, but we just got done there."

"The main custom is to make the guests happy, so I'll let you all decide where we go."

"Oh, Ryu, I kept some secrets. Woman's prerogative," Katya teased, giving her boyfriend another passionate kiss. Her magical fingers, so strong and dexterous almost made him groan, a shapely thigh parting his legs. She playfully nipped at his lip then gave a smokey chuckle, sharing her wicked grin among Ryusei and the Mansfields. "Imagine how many I have now."

The feeling of Kat's fingers drawing idle designs across Ryusei's back was intoxicating. "Come now, Ryu. We only did some shopping and visited a few restaurants. I'm sure Tokyo has much more to offer. It would be a shame to stay cooped up when I feel so... alive." The new nova's emerald eyes glinted delightedly as she perused the Mansfields, waiting to hear what they had in mind.

Ryusei simply nods. "Indeed."

He looks to the quartet of novas beyond himself and Katya and smiles.

"So tell me where would you like to go, what would you like to see in Tokyo?"

He was sure Edward knew as much if not more by virtue of his age, and the fact that he'd lead a relatively sheltered Life. A part of him thought to call Kaien, he'd definitely know good fun things to do, that only slightly broke a handful of laws. He stopped though, waiting to see if his guests had any preferences.

Edward had murmured his congratulations and nodded his approval along with the others, but he kept it relatively low-key. Let them think it restraint due to his age, but he didn't want to overwhelm the beautiful young nova in front of them just yet. He had the distinct impression that they would have to be subtle in order to sway these two towards Teras, to convince them of it's trueness. But he was a patient man, and he had all the time in the world. The corners of his lips lifted with a small smile, and he placed a hand gently on the small of Ren's back.

"Our lovely Ren has suggested a double-date, to celebrate Katya's rebirth and to get to know each other better. Perhaps we should show them the beauty that Tokyo has to offer, Ryusei. There are the traditional tourist sites, of course... the temples, the ochaya, an onsen perhaps... and a visit to the hanamachi is not to be missed. Most okiya have exceptions to the male-only rule for female nova, of course, and I know of a couple where I would be able to get us a reservation for the evening. I have not been gone from Tokyo so very long that I have lost any of my influence here, I would imagine. Of course, these are very traditional pastimes, and I can be a very traditional man. If the rest of you have other preferences, I am of an open mind."

His thumb circled and caressed the small of Ren's back gently, indicating his approval at the suggestion as he waited for their response.

((Translations: Ochaya = tea house, Onsen = bath house, Hanamachi = geisha district, Okiya = geisha house))

"Traditions have their place, Edward," Katya purred, giving no hint at what she thought that place might be, enticing and mysterious. "I think an evening in the hanamachi sounds most intriguing, not to mention full of possibilities. I do have my own interests in the culture of dance and musical performances."

She gave Ryusei a small smirk and he nearly moaned with what her touch was doing to him - for a moment, he was back at Bolshoi, on the banks of the Swan Lake. Then he was back, drowning in Katya's piercing emerald eyes. It was going to be nearly impossible to tell Katya no, in anything. It had been hard enough before she erupted. "Don't I, Ryu?" Her smokey laughter seemed to stroke his soul, as she turned her fetching, dimpled grin on the rest of the Manfields, to see what they thought.

Archived