I was looking to create a weapon that is designed entirely to knock folks out. Think a Phaser on Stun, a Zat without the second and third shots, or whatever. I just want a stun ray. Since the easiest way to work things is to develop a Knack that it emulates. Has anyone developed a Psychic Knack which accomplishes some sort of Knockout effect?

Any help'd be appreciated.

The Mindstorm Knack (lvl 2) in the book does have a stun effect after you reduce the target's willpower. I would say that you could base the effects off of that knack pretty well. I think it works by a resisted roll aganist the target's willpower and your successes reduce their temporary willpower, at 0 they fall unconsious. Try that ... laugh

• 4 weeks later...

If I might suggest...If you're truly seeking a "taser" then Willpower has nothing to do with it.

Take the Flame/Frost Conjuration Knack for a base. Change it as suggested at the end of the Knack to Lightning Conjuration. Lower it to a level 1 and knock off the "utility" part of the Knack and reduce it to the damaging blast only. Figure the range and change damage to Bashing. There's a couple of other variants from there, but now you've got an actual Taser.

Archived