[Fiction] Getting my Attention

Sakurako Hino

Long and Yamaga vanish as he reappears in one of Tokyo's hospitals. He quickly marshals a paramedic team to see to him and soon he's taken to the operating room. Long waits, filling out paperwork and making a few calls to have somepeople watch over him. They arrive and Long tells them their task. After ther acceptance he vanishes and reappears in the office. "They give him 70/30 shot to live. MY Nekegami are watching him now, and we'll be notfied when he comes to."

He looks at Sakurako. "What now."

Sakurako looks at the ground, the shock of the events starting to wash out of her system. She walks over to Long, leaning on him. Blood spatters on her clothes.

"Just... give me a second."

She pulls up a file she found on her PDA.

"All I have to say, is I have to come clean..." She says, sitting down. I just need a second. "I think a bit of my past just came back for a visit."

Silvertalon seamed to tense suddenly the feeling of intimate danger and the sense to move pulled her to the side unexpectedly. Instinctively her body responded with out thought or hesitation those two steps and a twist of her body most likely saved her life. As everything suddenly went into slow motion her ears can hear the glass breaking the sound of a bullet just barely passing by her right ear. The feel of bullet trail flickering across her fur briefly. Her eyes quickly darted watching the bullet impact into the former ceo's chest. As she fell to the floor in a crouch.

The shutters closed quickly as she looked at the main in pain gasping for breath. Her ears still ringing with the sounds as the quick scuffling as she watches for a moment or two before standing as Long prepares to take him to the hospital holding his wound. The fresh smell of blood in the air, fear and excitement in a manner all comes quickly to her sense.

"Yeah.. I am okay..." She turns to look at the closed shutters with a slight growl, "Who ever it was lined me up in that shot as well.... Possibly getting a two for one deal..." Her eyes narrowed a little with slight hint of anger. Long vanishes at that point taking the man to the hospital as she turns to Sakurako.

"Although... The fact Long was unable to find the sniper, in addition the level of skill used..... I'd have to bet they hunted novas...." She looks at Sakurako eyes narrowing, "If that's the case our assassin will not leave him alive for long. More so in a very readily accessible building such as a hospital your just begging to get him killed."

"But the real question is, why did the sniper not kill him instantly by a head shot he had a clear shot per-say....." She ponders for a moment.

A devilish smirk plays across Silvertalon's muzzle, "Then again what if this was all part of a plan... to... get him in harms way to put him into a position to be recovered by his own people. Then we would be playing by their rules and we wouldn't even know it until it was to late."

Long then reappears into the room as she looks over at him for a moment and then back to Sakurako.

Sakurako considers Silvertalon's insight and what she's seeing in her files.

"Montenegro..."

The name leaves her lips like poison.

"The money was being funneled to him. Mr. Yamaga was the door to my money. He knew I was not watching the hen house so he took the opportunity to stick a knife into me.

I don't know what his purpose is yet, I'm sure it'll come out in the wash, but seeing Mr. Yamaga get shot like that tells me one thing. They figured I'd corner him when I found out."

She finishes taking off the bug device from the table.

"My tampering with this bug tipped off Montenegro. I picked up on the signal just before I saw the laser from his scope. It was a burst transmission, sending as much data as possible. I think the sniper missed because he was using a remote sniping device. A drone of some kind. That way it couldn't be picked up by the more paranoid of us."

She sits down, tapping the bug on the table. "But now I have a few clues. Sad thing is, once the transmission was made, the bug shorted out. I didn't get a chance to trace this further. But the bug was set up to give away who was running the show."

"What's going to happen now? Not sure. Maybe Mr. Yamaga will be extracted once he's stabilized. Maybe they might hit him while he recovers. All I know, is that Montenegro is wily. At least he now is. He's been scheming this for a while. He's had it in for me for years. Taking this long before putting his plan in action would most likely have allowed him several contingencies."

She sighs. "Most likely he has a new team, new gear, who knows. They almost had me and a former colleague of mine, but I wasn't a threat back then. Now I have two VERY strong allies. Most likely... he's going to be subtle. I guess that's why he had this embezzlement scheme."

Long shakes his head. "Just tell me where he can be found and he's dead."

he scowls. "I am not in the mood to play any further games."

He is clearly upset. This has gone beyond an annoyance to him, now he's out for blood.

• 3 weeks later...

Sakurako looks away annoyed. "That's the issue, I think he has a Nova or some sort of computer security expert handling his transactions so they stay anonymous."

She sighs, knowing Long's just getting even more edgy. "I hate to say it, but it'll take some legwork." She crosses her legs at her seat. "I can keep my eyes open, and maybe have Digi earn his pay for a change. He IS my other bodyguard... not just some well trained nanny."

She smiles, as all of a sudden a competitive streak. "Didn't think it'd take this long though for him to do something. It's almost a personal challenge".

"You know... once we find out, I think you and I should go on a hunt..."

Archived