World of Darkness: Attrition - Frank's Journal

Frank White

Entry for September 3

Mocked, laughed at and called crazy one too many times. That’s how those college kids had done when he tried to tell them what he saw. I suppose that I did sound a bit crazy, but I know that what I saw was a bear. No fucking way! So the heckling went on for a good bit. Mostly he caught shit from Declan, who thought it be funny to change his log in name. To bad I found out it was him. That fucker, he just wants me to go and kick his ass. Vet or not, I hope I can catch him out somewhere, and then we’ll see who gets the last laugh.

He wasn’t the only one ragging on me though. This chick Ophelia (this time I’m sure she’s a chick), wants to get all pissy with me cause I didn’t call Animal control. A spoiled kid for sure, she really thought that I don’t care about people. Well she’s right to point. I do care about those that can’t help themselves, which is most of the kids around here. I don’t however have time for those spoiled kids like her that think there shit don’t stink. Her shit pissed me off even more than the prick Dec, but I went a bit easier on her, shouldn’t have but I did. Thank god “Lady Luna”(dude’s got enough issues) didn’t join in, or else I might have thrown the computer. Now that wouldn’t be good at all.

After the chat, I went and checked some things online to make sure that I’m not losing my mind. Tried to find something about growling bears, and didn’t come up with squat. Even did a search for bear sightings in the LA area, and once again nothing. So where did that leave me? Up shit’s creek with out a paddle that’s where. I didn’t find anything in the cemetery; if it wasn’t a bear could it really have been a wolf-man/werewolf? Swara had said she seen a wolf like thing as big as car. Did I believe that? Some part of me did, but mostly no. Come to find out later she’s bit of a holy roller. I got a warning from O and Dec to stay away from her. I found that to be a bit odd and I’m tempted to go and talk to the girl, which should piss those two off to no end

• 5 months later...

January 27

Been a while since I wrote something here, but it's about time that I do put something down in words. If only to help me deal with all the crazy information that I've learned of just recently.

A few days ago a guy named Dane drops by the office. Well mannered and dressed, I really thought he was a big wig from the school. To say I was wrong was an understatement. So we start chatting and the he turns the converstaiton to werewolves. Now after my run in with the man-wolf thing, I though he might be trying to yank my chain. I didn't make it a secret about what i saw so he could have been playing on that, but no this dude was very if not deadly serious about it. He showed me some stuff that was hard to refute.

Fucking werewolves were real!!! My mind raced to keep this in perspective. That was the second time this month that I felt the a ball of fear so deep in my gut. I shook it off very casual, trying to play the tough guy. Not sure if Dane saw that, but he still offered me a chance to join his organization. I accepted with little hesitation. Don't really now what I'm getting into but I feel ready.

Archived