World of Darkness: Attrition - Under the Skin (Mature) [Complete]

William Rose

Overnight, August 17th

Skin slid over skin sending electric current up into the senses of the lovers. Dark chocolate caressed Irish cream as his hands wandered over her body, exploring it despite the intimate familiarity that they shared. Low shallow breaths whispered past lips half open and curled over exposed necks, and sensitive breasts. Legs, pale and smooth against deep brown twined round her lover’s back pulling their bodies tighter together as muscles tensed an relaxed beneath a sheen of sweat and pheromones. Their hips ground against each other as low moans and sighs of pleasure spurred them on to further ecstasy.

Antoine could feel Amber’s nails raking his back and sides, gently as can be and yet the pain mixed with the pleasure is such a way as to confuse their sensations entirely. Enraptured his right hand slid from her buttocks to her waist while the other came around from her back to gently rubs her breast and tease her nipple. His mouth tasted hers as his eyes closed, the feeling coming in from across his body brought his brain alive with activity. Time lost meaning as their bodies seemed to flow into each other and sensation ruled his world. He rode seas of tender flesh propelled by the sighs and moans that issue forth from her mouth against his own body. Soon even hearing and sensation blurred and Antoine lost himself in his lover’s grasp.

So lost was he that he did not notice when the sighs and moans became growls and barks. He was brought back to himself by pain as claws tore through naked flesh. His eyes snapped open as Amber’s silky smooth skin sprouted fur and the muscles so soft and tender a moment ago became coiled steel beneath leathery skin. Delicate nails that had caressed pleasure from pain became claws of bone that erupted from hands that were as much wolfen as they were human as they tore bloody furrows in his chest. Amber’s ecstatic grin became a feral snarl as her teeth elongated into knives within snapping jaws of death biting into his jugular. And all the while her eyes, that once held pools of blue gray, became yellow and malevolent. Antoine screamed as his flesh was rent and his blood spilled away in sprays and rivulets dying the werewolf’s coat crimson and black.

Antoine awoke screaming, he was whole and unharmed but his heart was racing like he had sprinted from one end zone to the other and back. He was covered in sweat and tangled in the sheets on his bed. He sat up and stared into the darkness. “Jesus Christ,” he whispered into the dark, glad that he was not assigned a roommate again this year. At last his brain told him he was safe, this was only a dream. “Only a dream, only a dream, fuck me, it was only a dream.”

Overnight, August 19th

Antoine lay on his back; on top of him Amber was in control. His left hand was twined with her right and his other and caressed her breast or occasionally pulled her toward him so that they could exchange a kiss or her could run his lips over her chest. Amber bent forward bringing her face to his, “I love you, do you love me?” she asked.

Antoine professed his love for her, “I love you, I need you. I don’t care that you are a werewolf I don’t ever want you to leave me.” Amber smiled and as she rose again over his body she ran her free hand down over his eyes, gently closing his eyes. Deprived of sight Antoine focused on the sensations that Amber brought to his body. As their passion rose toward climax Antoine sensed a shift in Amber’s center of gravity, the feel of her body on his, the feel of … her … fur?

Antoine opened his eyes and in Amber’s place a wolf sat astride his body. Antoine screamed and pushed the wolf off of him scrambling backwards until he was crouched at the headboard. The wolf’s jaws dropped open and Ambers voice asked, “What’s wrong? Can’t you love me knowing what I am?”

Antoine sat bolt upright in his bed; the darkness made it clear another dream had come and gone. He sat there for a while, unable to even think, recalling only the wolf with Amber’s voice. The wolf looking at him and wondering why it was that he had a problem. Do I have a problem? I need to just accept her for what she is. Accept that she’s something beyond my understanding. “Maybe I just need to make sure I don’t eat meat lovers pizza after midnight…”

Overnight, August 21st

Antoine’s hands explored Amber’s body, roaming up her back to her arms, outstretched over her. His hips rolled and pressed against hers as her legs twined around his back and pulled him toward her. She looked up into his eyes and he leaned forward arms above him gasping her hands as he kissed her passionately. As her moans of pleasure gave way to snarls of fury Antoine withdrew. Amber began to transform before his eyes from a beautiful woman whom he deeply loved into a snarling ferocious beast woman, as werewolf that tried in vain to wrest its hands from the chains binding them to the bedposts. She tried to bite him but he simply leaned backwards away from her snapping jaws. Still he rocked his hips, pulling her harder toward him with his hands.

The snarls gave way to whimpers, which further transformed back into moans of pleasure. Claws and teeth retracted to human proportions and fur fell away from her perfect skin. As Amber transformed back into herself Antoine leaned down close and kissed her once more. “I love you,” he whispered to her, “I don't care what you are. You aren't forcing me anymore.” Together they rode toward climax once more.

The alarm woke Antoine before he could get there. For a moment he gave it a baleful look before shutting it off. He sat and in the dim light of his room he recalled the dream even as it began to wash away to the haze of deep memory. He shook is head, “What the hell? Is this normal?”

Early Morning, August 23rd

Antoine lay in bed staring up at the ceiling. “… and so then you turned back into a human and we, umm, climaxed together.” As he spoke he raised his head to look at Amber. She was lying atop him, supporting herself with her forearms beneath her breasts and her hands outstretched flat on his chest in a way that was surprisingly canine like. She smiled at him as he looked into her eyes. “Is that normal? I mean you said I was, what did you call it, wolf-blooded?”

Amber nodded and laughed; it was a glorious titter that shook her body gently against his. “Of course it makes sense, you’re changing too! See, look outside the moon is full and soon you will become a werewolf too.” Antoine’s eyes flitted to the window and saw that the moon was indeed, “Anytime now in fact. I’ve been waiting, hoping it would be soon so that we could be together properly.” Antoine shook he head, unwilling to believe that she was right. Even as he did so pain shot through his body as his muscles and bones began to shift.

“No! Nooo…” Antoine’s protestations faded into growls and barks as his face elongated into canine jaws. His back arched as his body changed, shifted into a new shape. Atop him Amber changed as well, her body shifting as easily as if she were taking off a coat. She sniffed the new werewolf male beneath her and then allowed him, driven by instinct to mount her, the pair of were-creatures tangled in a combination of sex and violence.

Antoine awoke again in his dorm room, again, covered in sweat, tangled in his covers, and his heart racing with … With what? Fear? Excitement? He swung his legs out and sat up on the edge of the bed thinking about this most recent dream. Am I really that worried about what she said? That I’m “wolf-blooded”? Am I worried about becoming a werewolf too? Wouldn’t she have warned me that I might change? Antoine scrubbed his fingers over is scalp and rubbed his face. I’m having second thoughts; I’m worried I’m not doing the right thing. My life is changing in ways I never thought possible. He stood and crossed the double room that was conveniently never assigned anybody but him. Accept the change … accept that I’m leaving a normal life behind as I peel back the layers of lies over the world. He reached into the little fridge and pulled out a bottle of water. Spinning the top off he took a long draught. Accept that Amber is something that I used to think was a myth; that I’ve made friends of a vampire; that I’ve helped slay a zombie.

I’m changing and I need to either move forward or deny it and stay as I was. I’ve become a hunter of monsters but part of me isn’t letting go. I need to let go. I need to stop pretending that Amber is normal and stop thinking that that really matters. The world is only skin deep. A skin of humanity that covers the beast inside Amber, a skin of normalcy that hides the supernatural from the world. Under Adrian’s skin is a corpse that feeds off blood and yet pretends to be human still, or maybe he’s trying to stay human.

What about me? What is under my skin? Am I a man who I going to shy away from the real world, hiding among the sheep of mankind? Or am I going to step forward to protect those unable to protect themselves because they cannot see. Antoine dropped the empty bottle in the trash and picked up the revolver from off the second bed. “I know what I need to do …”

Archived