World of Darkness: Attrition - Chasing the Moon(Complete)

Frank White

Night, August 22, 2008

The last couple of nights I’ve been racking my head trying to figure out who this Lady Luna person was. She’s been on the chat site that I’ve been on I’ve come to the conclusion that this chick? (Hopefully it’s a chick) would be interesting to meet. The conversations I’ve had with her have been rather intriguing.

Taking out a notebook I write Things I know at the top and write down my plan of attack.

1) So far I’m pretty sure that she was at the pre-season party. Could she possibly be the chick that I fucked? She made some comments that lead me to think that she was the one, but damm I was at the party long enough that a few of the people there could’ve recognized me being there. The only thing I have on her though was a description.

2) Antoine LaSalle made the invite to the party. He might have seen her there or even know someone who fits that description. Pretty weak lead here, but hey he’s a popular guy so just maybe.

3) Ariel was called to the party. She took a few statements? She would have talked to some of the people there at the very least, maybe she’s got something for me.

4) Lucien Hunt. He made some comments in chat that he was looking for someone who had the same description for the girl I’m looking for. Said her name was Amber Wren? Could they be the same person? Hmm this should be an interesting meeting if I can get one.

So there’s my list. Could I use any of this info? I’m pretty sure that I’ll get something from LaSalle and Ariel. Hopefully I can get something more than just her description. A picture would be perfect, but I doubt there carrying one on them. Life isn’t easy, so I guess I’ll have to put in some extra work on this one. I circle the part about LaSalle, looks like I’ll have to go pay our star quarterback a visit after practice tomorrow.

August 23 Afternoon

I spent most of the day doing some follow up paper work, and going over the chat logs that I had saved. Getting the location of the school’s quarterback was a piece of cake; working with the CSA had some perks. Hopefully the guy would be helpful to me and not be a dumb jock. I was told that practice would be over before 5 so I head out about 4:50. I’ glad that I can catch him after practice , I didn’t need a bunch of other jocks around while we talked.

I go over what I’m going to ask him over in my head as I walk over to his dorm room, not worried about who sees me going there. I’m not worried about my rep, though I’m sure the rumors will fly once some one knows who I’m going to see. Knocking on the door, I wait for an answer from LaSalle.

Antoine opened the door. He had barely just gotten back to the dorm and despite a shower earlier was still hot and sweating. He was also pretty damn hungry which made him irritable. He sighed seeing some random guy at the door, "Yeah? Can I help you?" He braced himself, shoulder on the door and his hand on the frame itself forming a veritable wall between this stranger and his room.

Holy fuck, this dude is tall as fuck! Looking up to meet LaSalle eyes, Frank throws out his prepared dialog "Hey man, the names Frank and if I could get a few moments of your time I need your help. "I'm trying to locate someone that was at the party you helped throw on the first. She's about 5'8 or so, brown hair and grey eyes. You know anyone or seen anyone like that at the party or around campus?"

Antoine wondering who the hell this guy was that he got into the dorm and was asking questions like this. "You a cop or somethin'? This chick got a name? Maybe something more than being oh I dunno female and at a rather huge party? 'Cause I'd bang out that there were prolly like twenty plus chicks like you described that night. Maybe you got sometin' more I can help ya, maybe if you tell me why yer lookin' for her that'd help too."

Frank takes a quick sec thinking how he wants to go about this. Guess I’ll try the nice way first, and if he doesn’t play nice back, well then I’ll really apply the pressure. “Let’s just say that I work for the university, but I assure that this is all off the record ok?” He tries his best not to look to eager as he continues his explanation. “The reason I’m asking you is well it’s a bit personal, but I met this chick at the party, we shared a moment and I want to see her again. I’m not even a 100% sure this is even her name, but from what info I got Amber Wren is the only name I got. Does that name ring a bell? If so does she fit that description?” Frank watches LaSalle closely as he mentions Amber’s name to see if there is any reaction.

(Wits + Empathy roll to see if Antoine tries to deceive Frank)

(frank_white) rolls 4d10 and gets 10,9,6,1.

(frank_white) rolls 1d10 and gets 2.

(Two successes)

Antoine was taken completely bu surprise, his eyes went wide and his jaw dropped. He recovered a bit as he replied, "Yeah I know her, was talking to her at the party myself. Couple of times since. We're kinda going on a date next week ... hey wait a minute ..." Antoine rose up to his full height and looked down at the little man, "You some kinda half assed stalker or something? Maybe she don't want to see you again, she didn't give you her name or number, that's a brush off man. Take it and go find somebody else. Amber's with me and I'll not take it well that some creepy little dude is trying to stalk my girl."

OOC:

Manipulation to resist showing surprise: chance roll 1d10 - result 1 = botch

Presence+Intimidation +1 (size) to put the fear of ME into Frank: 5d10 - result 9, 8, 7, 7, 2 = 2 sux

Frank takes a look at the big guy and laughs to himself when he tries to raise up on him. These jocks never learn not to fuck the law. "Was she your girl when she fucked me in an alley during the party?" he says with a big smirk. "Oh and just so you know, I am a cop and your life just got a little harder around here!"

Resist Intimidation

(frank) rolls 5d10 and gets 9,10,8,8,3.

frank) rolls 1d10 and gets 7.

4 sux

Intimidate

(frank) rolls 4d10 and gets 10,1,5,4.

(frank) rolls 1d10 and gets 9. 2 sux

Antoine glared at Frank, "So much for off the record then, eh pig? You don't scare me and I doubt very much Amber would touch you long enough to punch you in the face." Antoine held in his anger, his hand tightened on the door knob. "Get the hell out of here, I'm done talking to you." Antoine slammed the door in Frank's face and suppressed a scream of rage, it had taken everything to not punch the guy in his smug face. Would she? Would she have sex with a guy like that? He asked himself the honest question and answered with the honest reply, Maybe. You did walk away that night, if she fucked him out of desperation ... hell, its kinda your fault.... crap.

OOC: Resist Intimidate: Wits+Resolve (5 dice)

(15:49:03) ChatBot: (Antoine) rolls 5d10 and gets 10,9,5,8,3.

(15:49:09) ChatBot: (Antoine) rolls 1d10 and gets 4.

total = 3 sux

Fucking jock, we'll see who gets the last laugh. I'll be seeing you around that's for sure. I can't help but laugh to myself as I walk away from Antoine's room. I got confirmation that the chick I'm looking for is Amber, but I'm still no closer to knowing where the heck she lives.

What dumb luck that he turns out to be her boyfriend. Shame I didn't get an address outta him either. Oh well I'm way better off than when I started that's for sure. I think I'll got out and get some beer now, and I might even find me a chick to screw, yeah that sounds real good.

It had been an interesting meeting between him and the quarterback. Quite interesting indeed. The info he gave me pretty much made up my mind that Amber is the name of the chick that I met at the party. Why in the hell was I trying to find her for? Did I really want to attempt to hook up with her. Yeah that was it, something silly in my head said that this chick really turned you on, and that I wanted another go at it with her. Now come to find out that Mr. Quarterback is her boyfriend that was just fucking great. I suppose that I can get over that fact after I get myself some beer. BJ’s sounds nice think I’ll head over there, its close and not to expensive.

It’s a pretty short walk, takes about 10 minutes or so for me to get their. Just in time for Happy Hour perfect. Walking in the joint, I’m over come with the smell of pizza and beer, ah what great smell. The place is fairly packed, looks to be filled with mostly students. I go an order a beer, the bartender happens to be a chick, not to bad looking either. Taking a sip of my Bud Light, I do a quick once over of the place. It’s not bad, got some big screens TV’s to watch the game, ESPN was showing the Dodgers at the moment. I make my way back the bar and find a seat that happens to be next to a rather attractive young lady. I offer her a drink, and she accepts.

So anyway we sit and chat for a bit, she tells me her name is Lauren, and that she came out to La to be an actress. Isn’t that what they all come here for? I tell her that I work over at UCLA doing security. I know it isn’t the most glamorous job you can have, but hey when I tell her I got a gun she perks up a little better.

So after about an hour and a few more beers, things start to go bad. I can’t help but notice there’s something wrong with Lauren. I can’t quite place it at first, but then all of a sudden I see it all to clearly. She has a Adam’s apple. Holy fuck, I’m hitting on a dude. The change in my attitude is quickly noticeable as ‘Lauren’ asks me what’s wrong. I say nothing and run to the bathroom, barely making it into a stall as I start puking. After a few minutes, I clean up an high tail outta of there real quick, not even bothering to look back.

Archived