World of Darkness: Attrition - A Shoulder to Lean On

William Rose

August 21, 4:34 pm

Antoine was tired, mentally anyway. He'd spent a great deal of time over the past few days reviewing and rereading the information he'd gathered from the library on Crimson. Double practices for the football team seemed easy as compared to sitting and putting his mind to something so foreign to him as this was. The memory of his run in a week earlier with the remains of one Denise Taylor, who had had a couple empty vials of the stuff in her apartment, kept Antoine focused. If werewolves and vampires were real he had little reason to not think that the new hot drug might just turn people in zombies or whatever it was that Denise had become.

At the moment though all of that faded as he greedily gulped down fresh coffee and waited. He waited for Anita as he sat an sipped and tried to clear his mind. Since that Monday after the party the two of them had been getting coffee a couple of times a week. To Antoine it was just something between friends and he hoped that she didn't think it was more than that.

Antoine looked around The Frappe House again, taking in the odd mix of faculty and students. The place was subdued, it had taken on a more sombre air for the past week as news of Professor McArthur’s disappearance. Still conversation and music commingled with the scent of coffee and cocoa and muffins and despite everything weird Antoine relaxed a little.

The door opened with a jingling bell and Antoine looked up seeing Anita enter. Almost despite himself he smiled, she was becoming a friend and it was good to see your friends when you were down. He waved to catch her attention and waited as she walked over and took a seat as the table he was sprawled at.

Anita hated to be late. It was just another of those prejudice she didn't want to prove true - but the photo shoot had taken longer than expected. Second part of why she hated being late - she lacked the time to properly dress for the date. Odd that she was thinking about it as a date. They were becoming friends but she still spent more than an hour in preparation before she met him.

Of course meeting Antoine had a somewhat negative effect on her 'online-time' in chat and it worried her a lot that her instincts may prove her wrong. If Antoine wasn't her internetcrush then what should she do? She almost felt like she was betraying LA_Guy73 even though they've never met officially she added in thoughts.

Back to her current situation. The shoot was for a local sports magazine and she was presenting several bathing suits of which she was allowed to pick two as a gift for keeping. The little goodies and extras was what made up for all the stress and freedom she had to give up. She had to maintain her weight or they wouldn't book her anymore. No haircuts or any other drastic changes like piercings and tattoos. Counting calories wasn't one of her favourite pastimes.

She entered the Frappe house wearing a white blouse that she had tied below her chest with a matching mini pleated skirt in black. Underneath she still wore a bikini and she was showing too much cleavage for her taste but she didn't have enough time get some other clothes from home.

It was impossible not to see Antoine. If he wasn't a tower of man he still be the blackest african american she has ever seen. Initially she never thought that she was into african americans, but Antoine seemed to be the big exception to the rule. Smiling shyly she sat down placing her back next to her.

"I'm soo sorry I'm late... work took longer than expected.", she waved at the waiter and pointed at Antoine's cup. "I take the same as his, thanks."

Nervously she smiled back at him hoping that he wouldn't just see what she was wearing.

Antoine forced himself to keep his jaw shut, it was difficult though, between the itty bitty skirt and the blouse tied beneath her breasts Anita was showing off some serious skin. Must ... remember ... who she is... fuck that dude, grab her kiss her, and take her back to your place for a pounding like she's asking for... begging for! Antoine sighed and forced himself to think about other things, Yeah like the way that Amber would first rape you and then show you your still beating heart before she wore your skin home. That sobered Antoine up immediately and he pushed the thoughts of Anita's supple curves and generous breasts ... Dammit! ... tried desperately to think of her as the shallow cheerleader he had thought she was ...She might still be, maybe she just changed her tactics, she could be playing you until you relent ... ... or as the friend that he had oddly found in her.

"Uhh ... Hi... no problem, it happens. So, umm, how are you?" She's hot that's how she is! She's got a fever and the only cure is extract of black snake! Antoine smacked himself in the head. Realizing that was odd he covered it up by looking at his hand. "Got it ... just a bug." Smooth dipshit, maybe you should order a cold shower to go with your hot date ... it is not a date! SHE is not my date! ... yeah just like you and Amber are gonna be "just friends" ... oh fuck, how am I going to manage this?

Originally Posted By: Antoine LaSalle

"Uhh ... Hi... no problem, it happens. So, umm, how are you?"

The question echoed through her mind and she blushed slightly. Instantly a thousand thoughts sped through her head He is so cute when he does that. I think he just stared at my boobs and tried to distract me by saying there was a bug on his hand. I would love to spend a day at the beach with you until the sun sets and then we would talk for hours and watch the stars and I would cuddle up against you and feel your warm body against mine. If I close my eyes and concentrate I can make out his scent its intoxicating. Come on, Anita - you're an A average student you're smarter than this. Say something to keep him interested.

"I'm doing - ok. Sort of." yeah, that was smart. Very deep actually. Go me!

She took a double take and sighed, "I'm not quite myself lately. I...", she hesitated and put a strand of hair out of her face that had fallen across her cheek. "I don't know how to tell you without sounding like a complete idiot. You're like the only friend I've got whom I can talk to. I mean real friend, not someone who sweettalks to me and tries to humor me hoping to get into my pants. I must confess you surprised me when you asked if I wanted to talk back then. I never expected that you actually cared for any of us besides a... you know what I mean.", she quickly averted her eyes and focused on the first thing that caught her sight - his large hands. She felt herself blushing again as images of his hands on her body flashed through her mind. Shaking her head mentally she tried to get rid of those images.

Antoine knew exactly what she meant, because he had felt the same way toward her. Her current state of "dress" and rather flighty conversation tended to reinforce that stereotype. I think there's something more there though, when she is actually at ease she seems almost normal. ...and she's never bad to look at ... quiet you... Antoine offered a slight smile, "I know how I'm viewed by some of the other students, but then you and the other cheerleaders have similar reputations you know. I'd like to say I don't judge people but I do ... I did, I'm trying to get better about that. Actions speak louder than words and all that." Actions like defending a person you barely know from a human ridden by a spirit of gluttony and decay or whatever it was... What more proof do I need about Amber, she saved my ass and it almost cost her her own ... umm, reminder, werewolf ... can't let that bother me ... can't forget it either ... Antoine shook his head slightly to brush away the stray thoughts, "So, you said you wanted to see me, to talk about something. What's going on? Nothing wrong I hope."

Wrong? That's a difficult word. He does care for me, I can feel it. thought Anita trying to phrase an answer that wouldn't expose her too much.

"Have you ever been in love, Antoine? I mean really in love. More than just the thrill and the desire that comes along with strong emotions. I mean something deeper than that." Just great Anita, how can he possibly answer that question to your satisfaction?

Suddenly she waved off and laughed. "I'm sorry, forget about that. That was a stupid question.", her eyes betrayed her though. She quickly searched for something to change the topic, "No, actually my oldest brother is giving me some trouble. He hooked up with a local gang. Vatos Locos wannabes - you know just like in that movie "Blood in, Blood out". I don't want him to end up dead but he won't listen to me or my parents." I hope he buys that

Whatthefuck? Love did she seriously just ask that? ... oooohhh crap, she's getting the wrong idea, she thinks these things are dates .... shitshitshitshitshit... Antoine was stunned into silence as he tried desperately to wrap his head around her question and it's implications. Luckily for him she changed subjects with all the deftness of a wrecking ball knocking on a doll house. "Umm, your brother ... joined ... a gang? Seriously? Aren't your folks like rich or something? Why would he want to join a gang?" Is she serious or trying to cover up for that love question? Umm ... umm ... oh! Maybe you can suggest she get him to talk to somebody ... like ... like who? Who do we know that comes from ... woah, no not Amber, bad mojo putting those two together again... unless they tore each other's clothes off and ... hey, pay attention! Maybe Adrian, yeah Adrian could work ...

"Well If you think it's serious and not just some ploy for attention or a phase or something I know a guy, he might be able to talk some sense into the kid. If you want I could ask him and maybe he could, you know, like, scare him straight or whatever."

Archived