Aberrant: Ba'alt - Re: Of Flesh and Future..

Narrator

Quote:
Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranth
09:15 hours
Arestan 16, 498 CY

Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Richard

Doc nods at the news of Asche's return... and a thought occurs to him.

<!--quoteo(post=1272:date=Nov 22 2006, 01&#58;38 AM:name=Allison)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allison &#064; Nov 22 2006, 01&#58;38 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->She smiles. "So how have things been?"
Doc smiles back and says,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"I'd say quiet but that wasn't true today. Allison... it just occured to me that we might be getting close to the end game here. Lily's and even Asche's actions were constrained by what was going to happen in their future. We knew big and bad would make his move eventually. But as far as I know everything has been wrapped up. I know why Lily just didn't have me killed way back when, but that's done."

"We could totally succeed or fail now without tampering with history or the future."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Allison shrugs. "Well, I hope so. Time travel's nothing to mess with if you don't absolutely have to. Timelines tend to try to repair themselves, but it's still possible that actions in the past can have wildly unpredictable effects on the future."

"But...as for being the endgame, no. Not yet. In fact, I'd say we're just now -beginning- to become able to see the real battleground that this will take place on."

She leans back a little, studying Chronos with a gaze that's become oddly unsettling. She waves a hand negligently. "No amount of starships will win this war. The energies the Ban taps into are eternal and inexhaustible. You could slaughter Pultytes by the millions, harvest solar fae for decades and send them into the Void all at once...and achieve virtually nothing. I'm taking a bit of a chance telling you this, but I think you're ready to hear it. All...all this. This building up, this idea of building up strength so we can forment rebellion. It's true, in its own way, but it's also incidental to the real reason we're doing it. The real reason is that it's for us...to buy us time. Smite's battle fleet can't end the Ban, but eventually -we- can."

"Some of us are closer to the truth than others though. Smite needs more time, for example. He's still thinking in terms of matter and energy, because that's what he's close to. Your perspective is a bit broader. So I have some advice for you."

"Stop worrying about changing other people. It's time that you started thinking about yourself. And I don't mean 'start being selfish.' I mean...you need to know yourself. You need to truly understand your own motivations and desires. Once you do, you'll know what you stand for. And once you know that...a whole new world starts opening up in front of you. That new world is the -real- battleground this war will be fought, won, or lost on."

She pauses then grins ruefully. "Am I making any sense at all?"

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Arestan 16, 498 CY

Quote:
"Stop worrying about changing other people. It's time that you started thinking about yourself. And I don't mean 'start being selfish.' I mean...you need to know yourself. You need to truly understand your own motivations and desires. Once you do, you'll know what you stand for. And once you know that...a whole new world starts opening up in front of you. That new world is the -real- battleground this war will be fought, won, or lost on."

She pauses then grins ruefully. "Am I making any sense at all?"

Doc smiles and holds up two fingers an inch apart,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"A little. It's a varient on what I thought we were doing in the past. Spend a thousand or so years gaining in power and insight, then take Big and Bad on directly without warning. As long as we fight the effects of the Ban, rather than the Ban itself, we're playing his game... It's like trying to kill someone by playing Chess with them. Whether you win or lose doesn't really help."

"But I had really hoped we'd have more than we do before we reached this point."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Doc sighs,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"And at this point in the conversation we almost have to bring up the orbs. We might be running out of time, we don't have the insight to actually make a real move, and the shortcut is still there waiting to be used."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

09:25 hours

Arestan 16, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#ff9900--><span style="color:#ff9900"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#ff9900--><span style="color:#ff9900"><!--/coloro-->

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Eve has been milling around the last couple of days. Between dealing with the ill San and follow ups with Kinter and her own projects in Chronos' and her 'workshop' she is rarely seen. She does however make herself available for the common meal times and mingles with most of the team (npc employee's and nova's) during the mealtime. She always offers a pleasant smile to all she passes and seems to be in a good mood at all times.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Then at the time when Chronos and Allison are talking to each other in quiet she comes in to speak to Rama and Richard, where ever he might be. She carefully judges a time when they are both together, whether with Smite or whoever.

"Hello Richard. Rama." A polite bow of respect is given.

"Do the two of you have some time to talk a moment or two?"

Quote:
Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranth
09:25 hours
Arestan 16, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#ff9900--><span style="color:#ff9900"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Eve has been milling around the last couple of days. Between dealing with the ill San and follow ups with Kinter and her own projects in Chronos' and her 'workshop' she is rarely seen. She does however make herself available for the common meal times and mingles with most of the team (npc employee's and nova's) during the mealtime. She always offers a pleasant smile to all she passes and seems to be in a good mood at all times.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Then at the time when Chronos and Allison are talking to each other in quiet she comes in to speak to Rama and Richard, where ever he might be. She carefully judges a time when they are both together, whether with Smite or whoever.

"Hello Richard. Rama." A polite bow of respect is given.

"Do the two of you have some time to talk a moment or two?"
Richard nods. "Certainly, I've only been doing martial training the last few days, and trying to better understand my new gifts. What did you need?"

Rama had not come out of the lab for a few days, having spent the majority of that time examining the hyper-wave technology. While strolling out for some fresh air (not that breathing was necessary anymore but pranayama was a well-ingrained habit by this point...) he had stopped to watch Richard practice lightsaber Kata.

After a few hours of meditatively contemplating the Jedi's fluid movements, he was pleasantly surprised when the lovely Eve approached and asked for an audience.

Standing and bowing formally in return, Rama replies.

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"Of course. What is on your mind?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Arestan 16, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"And at this point in the conversation we almost have to bring up the orbs. We might be running out of time, we don't have the insight to actually make a real move, and the shortcut is still there waiting to be used."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Allison smiles and holds up a hand, palm out. "Hang on a second. Things aren't all bad here. In fact, they're not even mostly bad. I think before we even think about using the orbs, we need to exhaust what we can do without them. We're kind of used to skulking around and being afraid of our own shadows...I think we've forgotten how much power we have, and what we can do with it. We should explore that first, because the orbs are a one way road. Once we start down it, in earnest, there's no going back. And remember that -he- created them. That doesn't mean we can't use them...but it does mean we need to be wary of them."

"It's actually a little funny to me now, hearing you say you want more before we act. I'm not sure you really understand who and what we are. But then again, our perspective has been pretty fatally skewed by our experiences on old Earth and in that parallel."

She lowers her hand. "I know...the next thing you'll ask is if I'm so sure, then what should we do next? Frankly, I haven't got the answer to that. Yet. But At the very least I think we should be thinking in that direction. Coming up with ideas about how we can act, and how we should."

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

09:35 hours

Arestan 16, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#ff6600--><span style="color:#ff6600"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Eve smiles sincerely to both of the men but it does not take a mega social to tell she is not looking forward to her words, and after some light but friendly small talk she says;<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->"It is no secret that recently the whole ban thing became a reality to the people of this planet and mostly due indirectly on some level to our actions. One of our members, Jackie Green, was dancing really close to getting culled by forces that seek to thwart the Ban. It is to him that the fact that this planet is closer to being banned the honor should go. However, the two of you are potentially a danger on other levels." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Eve locks eye's with Richard and smiles.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->"Your danger comes not so much from the Ban effects but from the fact that you bring a new paradigm into this reality. The fact that you are nova and not simply a Psion like Whisper means that this new paradigm is forcing our paradigm to accept it, the fact that the energies you use are not so much quantum but something else entirely. This really does not worry any of us taken alone at face value. But compounded with the nature of everything else going on it could get dicey fast. I wanted to ask you to start really meditating on your beliefs and keep focused; you are going to be vulnerable to various psychosis."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Then to Rama she says;<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->"You are the crown jewel of ban breakers with that power of yours." She smiles a big smile then ads' "Luckily though you come standard with a cloaking system and the also have a belief system that keeps you separate from danger. Belief is power in your game Rama. Never let that down and never use your power to leave the system without hiding first."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->She then returns her gaze to the pair or men in general.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->" I have been around those with so much belief that they could literally bend the ban to their bidding. It is this that sets you a part from not only the masses of life out there, but within nova's as well. Your way of life will eventually come under attack in one way or another; it might be simply that you learn something contrary to your paradigm and it seems like it will literally blow your mind. Ask Allison about this one."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Eve pauses a moment to let the words set in.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->"My people will eventually want to talk to all of the team here but it is you two that know the least of them so might not immediately feel at ease with them. Know this; anyone I call my people would die themselves to defend you and your way of life even having not known you. You are that important."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Arestan 16, 498 CY

Doc smiles wryly and says,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"Allison... I'd wanted more because of what we must face, and because of what our true potential is. Imagine six of us, all at the power level of The Goddess, and having built that power without Big and Bad been aware of us building it. We appear, we roll over him, end of story. Instead we are powerful players in a game that has lots of powerful players. Victory is possible, but I?d really hoped to avoid a fair fight.?

?And I agree about the orbs. Just the possibility that game might be fixed means we should avoid them for as long as possible.?

?As for what to do next? we have two general courses of action. The first is to gather allies, starting with our two new novas and hopefully their creator. Maybe send Kara and a few others to figure out what?s going on with the Serpent Inn. The step after that is to try to figure out how tough Big and Bad is. See if he?s been in combat, see how it worked, see if he?s ever been hurt.?

?I still think that?s one of the key realizations in this. Big and Bad, and the Ban, are not the same thing. Kill him and it doesn?t all fall apart, but much of it might be weakened enough to make other things possible.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Arestan 16, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#ff6600--><span style="color:#ff6600"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Eve locks eye's with Richard and smiles.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->"Your danger comes not so much from the Ban effects but from the fact that you bring a new paradigm into this reality. The fact that you are nova and not simply a Psion like Whisper means that this new paradigm is forcing our paradigm to accept it, the fact that the energies you use are not so much quantum but something else entirely. This really does not worry any of us taken alone at face value. But compounded with the nature of everything else going on it could get dicey fast. I wanted to ask you to start really meditating on your beliefs and keep focused; you are going to be vulnerable to various psychosis."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Richard looks at her for a few silent seconds. "I ... what? Earlier you told me I was a nova ... and now you're saying that I'm only sort of a nova? And that makes me more vulnerable to going insane?"

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Eve pauses a moment to let the words set in.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->"My people will eventually want to talk to all of the team here but it is you two that know the least of them so might not immediately feel at ease with them. Know this; anyone I call my people would die themselves to defend you and your way of life even having not known you. You are that important."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> "Um, thanks, I think. I hope I can prove worthy of such trust."

Quote:
Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranth
Arestan 16, 498 CY

Doc smiles wryly and says,

[color:#3333FF]"Allison... I'd wanted more because of what we must face, and because of what our true potential is. Imagine six of us, all at the power level of The Goddess, and having built that power without Big and Bad been aware of us building it. We appear, we roll over him, end of story. Instead we are powerful players in a game that has lots of powerful players. Victory is possible, but I?d really hoped to avoid a fair fight.?

"Trust me, no one actually wants a fair fight. They just want it to see that way. A professional fighter generally stops caring about how it seems.

Truth to tell, if we have a way of making more of us, we need to secure it quickly. I don't want too many free range novas out there for people to develop counters to and dull our edge. And if we are going to go after Big Bad, I'd like an army that could blot out the sun. "

Quote:
Doc nods in agreement to what Smite said but doesn't comment on it.

A look of mild frustration flits over Allison's features so quickly it's hard to be sure it was there. Then she nods and shrugs.

"There are many paths to power. Just keep your minds...and eyes...open to possibilities you haven't yet considered. I guess that's the moral to my little story."

She smiles ruefully, and waves Smite over to include him more officially in the conversation.

"So what's the plan here on Paril? Any luck finding Jack yet?"

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1285:date=Nov 30 2006, 08&#58;18 PM:name=Chronos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chronos &#064; Nov 30 2006, 08&#58;18 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Doc nods in agreement to what Smite said but doesn't comment on it.

A look of mild frustration flits over Allison's features so quickly it's hard to be sure it was there. Then she nods and shrugs.

"There are many paths to power. Just keep your minds...and eyes...open to possibilities you haven't yet considered. I guess that's the moral to my little story."

She smiles ruefully, and waves Smite over to include him more officially in the conversation.

"So what's the plan here on Paril? Any luck finding Jack yet?"

"All we've been able to get is the equivalent to voice mail box and a I am no longer interested in this reality. I think he dipped a bit to heavy into that metaphysic kick and maybe in dimensions unknown. Regardless, it seems we have oversight over the programs still running.

The plan here for Paril is to continue to build up our power base, train up cybernetic and otherwise enhanced personal and use this area as a staging area for recruitment efforts in others. If we can get enough high end cybernetics going, we can offer this as a service to people from other realities that otherwise would be without and use it to enhance any people that would otherwise lack for an advantage. "

Allison nods, looking a little relieved at the notion that they had control of Jack's remaining projects. Then she says to Smite, "All right...and then what? You have an army of cybernetic warriors. What do you plan to do with them?"

She paces away to glance out a window.

"I can't help feeling we're doing this backwards. We seem to be 'building up forces' with no clear idea of what we want them for. It seems to me that it might be better to have some clearer objectives in mind before we start raising troops."

Quote:
Allison nods, looking a little relieved at the notion that they had control of Jack's remaining projects. Then she says to Smite, "All right...and then what? You have an army of cybernetic warriors. What do you plan to do with them?"

"I can't help feeling we're doing this backwards. We seem to be 'building up forces' with no clear idea of what we want them for. It seems to me that it might be better to have some clearer objectives in mind before we start raising troops."

"Actually the plan is an extension of what we are doing here. I was able to take over a large criminal empire and turn it into an underground organization dedicated to justice and hope for the common man. We cannot be everywhere at once, and in truth, we don't want to be seen many places prematurely.

If we are going to seek allies and friendships with other worlds and gain support throughout known space, we are going to need emissaries. People we can send to worlds to test the waters and present us in a positive light. Since novas are too rare to do this job, and magic is a variable thing from world to world, cybernetics seems a fair choice.

Also it presents us with something we can offer through humanitarian channels to societies that may have developed useful technology or other techniques but do not have a functioning or thriving prostetics industry. "

Quote:
Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranth
Arestan 16, 498 CY

<!--quoteo(post=1280:date=Nov 27 2006, 10&#58;10 PM:name=Eve)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eve &#064; Nov 27 2006, 10&#58;10 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Eve locks eye's with Richard and smiles.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Richard looks at her for a few silent seconds. "I ... what? Earlier you told me I was a nova ... and now you're saying that I'm only sort of a nova? And that makes me more vulnerable to going insane?"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Eve directs her attention to Richard.

"Richard. You are Nova, but your pattern is in a state of flux between our two realities. Not the kind of flux that leaves you with taint. It is also not we were worried about causing damage to you or the paradigm but more internal to you. You are still changing and at the present time is not easy to say you are going to remain able to channel quantum. In the mean time I do advise not going alone anywhere until were sure whats happening."

Eve had placed her hand on RIchards shoulder or on his hands if they were sitting. SHe lifts them and then adds;

"Also, it might serve you to bring a weapon that is not dependant on your innate quantum to function. Just for backup reasons."

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"You are the crown jewel of ban breakers with that power of yours." She smiles a big smile then ads' "Luckily though you come standard with a cloaking system and the also have a belief system that keeps you separate from danger. Belief is power in your game Rama. Never let that down and never use your power to leave the system without hiding first."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rama smiles back at the woman before him, incredulous still that she is a sentient construct.

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"I have never to this moment, compromised my values, and intend to continue forward in the same tradition. It is my Dharma...my practice, or discipline if you will. Thank you however, for your praise and hospitality and the reminder to be ever-vigilant. Also you should know that there is much to explore here before leaving this system and I would like to access your stellar cartography and astrogation labs as well, to help learn my way around." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"Now I am curious...Please, will you tell us more about the Path-Way of Divergence you had mentioned before?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranth
Arestan 16, 498 CY

Eve directs her attention to Richard.

"Richard. You are Nova, but your pattern is in a state of flux between our two realities. Not the kind of flux that leaves you with taint. It is also not we were worried about causing damage to you or the paradigm but more internal to you. You are still changing and at the present time is not easy to say you are going to remain able to channel quantum. In the mean time I do advise not going alone anywhere until were sure whats happening."

Eve had placed her hand on his hands if they were sitting. SHe lifts them and then adds;

"Also, it might serve you to bring a weapon that is not dependant on your innate quantum to function. Just for backup reasons."
He looks down at the lightsaber on his belt, and frowns. "So, you're saying that I seem to be becoming something other than a nova, but still other than human? That is definately ... odd. I will make sure not to do anything too reckless, and visit the medical floor if I feel out of sorts." He then unclips the lightsaber and turns it over in his hands. "I don't suppose there's someone here who could start teaching me some more advanced electronics, so that I could retool my lightsaber to a different power source?"

Quote:

Doc comments,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"That?s a question with several answers. Against the ban? I suspect the troops would be a diversion, or cannon fodder. And no, I don?t really intend to use them that way. On the other hand it?s better to have them and not need them than the reverse.?

?However there is another level to this, ?What happens after the ban?? The general answer is likely to be war, social chaos, invasion by strong timelines attacking and/or exploiting the weaker ones, etc. Those are things that an army could do something about, and just having an army that can do something can often prevent the need for it to actually do anything.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Arestan 16, 498 CY

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"I don't suppose there's someone here who could start teaching me some more advanced electronics, so that I could retool my lightsaber to a different power source?"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rama looks over at the curious cylinder.

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"I'd be happy to take a look at it for you..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Arestan 16, 498 CY

"I am sure someone among the engineering staff, with Ramas help, can make a proper substitute for your saber. It is even possibel that we emmulate and improve on some of the energy weapons of this world. I will see to it that some be brought to the engineers for comparison"

Eve smiles lightly. "Richard, as long as we stay together as friends there is little that we cannot do."

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"That?s a question with several answers. Against the ban? I suspect the troops would be a diversion, or cannon fodder. And no, I don?t really intend to use them that way. On the other hand it?s better to have them and not need them than the reverse.?

?However there is another level to this, ?What happens after the ban?? The general answer is likely to be war, social chaos, invasion by strong timelines attacking and/or exploiting the weaker ones, etc. Those are things that an army could do something about, and just having an army that can do something can often prevent the need for it to actually do anything.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

----

"I'm not so sure the question we're dealing with is as absolute as, "Ban or no Ban." It may be that the Ban can be undone a little at a time, allowing an easier transition. I get the feeling we're assuming that killing or driving away Ba'laan will also undo all he's wrought...like a fairy tale castle crumbling when the witch dies."

Allison shrugs. "I'm not sure that's true though. The Ban is intimately tied to the fabric of reality. Even without Ba'laan around, it might not be easy to unmake. And even if we CAN, unmaking it incautiously might damage the universes. I'd like to see some resources devoted to researching the nature of the Ban, and how it might be undone...as well as keeping tabs on Ba'laan and his activity. I also think that we should start looking for Primals that might be sympathetic to our cause and open to recruitment. Possibly also beings from other realities, like the Fae Otherworld and so on."

"Honestly. I think that would definitely be worth our time, especially if we could find a way to control the ban or use it in some limited ways. Having our scaly friends dancing to false alarms would be something worth the price of admission and it would make them slower to respond if done enough. "

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Arestan 16, 498 CY

Quote:
"I'm not so sure the question we're dealing with is as absolute as, "Ban or no Ban." It may be that the Ban can be undone a little at a time, allowing an easier transition. I get the feeling we're assuming that killing or driving away Ba'laan will also undo all he's wrought...like a fairy tale castle crumbling when the witch dies."
Doc responds,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?The short answer is that we don't know... although I'd like to find out. The long answer is I also strongly suspect killing Big and Bad won't be the end of it. It's even possible without him the Ban's benefits might outweigh its costs, but we have no way to tell right now.?

?As for Primals, I think this nova creator would be a good place to start. We also need to find out more about what has happened to the Teragen. Our new friends believe they have 10?s of thousands of novas and are lead by a creature called Teras, who can create novas and kills novas not of his creation. In an ideal world, we?d turn someone that dangerous against Big and Bad and let them fight it out.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:

<!--coloro:#3333ff--><span style="color:#3333ff"><!--/coloro-->"Now I am curious...Please, will you tell us more about the Path-Way of Divergence you had mentioned before?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Eve takes a deep breath as if something weighty has just been placed on her. She however begins to answer.

"Divergence is a way of life and not simply a medical cure for QBS. It helps a nova to heal, to unify their pattern with the matrix of reality, and to help Unite Nova's on a common path. It is a path akin to some Knightly orders in this timeline. In short, I can talk all night about it as I am a follower of an Order from which Divergence was adapted from. I cannot, however, teach it to anyone simply because I lack a Node or a quantum pattern."

"It is not a path that you have to leave all others for Rama and can likely be trod aside your current life path, but some paths cannot cross so be careful."

Eve pauses a moment as if the weight has been released but then asks; "Is there anything else?"

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Eve takes a deep breath as if something weighty has just been placed on her. She however begins to answer.

"Divergence is a way of life and not simply a medical cure for QBS. It helps a nova to heal, to unify their pattern with the matrix of reality, and to help Unite Nova's on a common path. It is a path akin to some Knightly orders in this timeline. In short, I can talk all night about it as I am a follower of an Order from which Divergence was adapted from. I cannot, however, teach it to anyone simply because I lack a Node or a quantum pattern."

"It is not a path that you have to leave all others for Rama and can likely be trod aside your current life path, but some paths cannot cross so be careful."

Eve pauses a moment as if the weight has been released but then asks; "Is there anything else?"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rama reflects on what she has said for a moment and then asks,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"If it is a Path-Way of Unity, why is named Divergence? More importantly, why does it seem to trouble you when I ask of this?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Eve takes a deep breath as if something weighty has just been placed on her. She however begins to answer.

Eve pauses a moment as if the weight has been released but then asks; "Is there anything else?"

Rama reflects on what she has said for a moment and then asks,

<!--coloro:#3333ff--><span style="color:#3333ff"><!--/coloro-->"If it is a Path-Way of Unity, why is named Divergence? More importantly, why does it seem to trouble you when I ask of this?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Eve grins.

"It was named for its ability to gather a 'Diverse' range of people from any racial or ethnic background or lifestyle. And it wasn't my name that I made up so I cannot get upset either, but it is the name that stuck, given to it by its first tenants on earth in the year 2081."

"The reason it appears to trouble me Rama is for various reasons, one is the fact that its biggest advocate and ally of Lonn and Rathien has apparently gone against us. What is the old saying; 'Any enemy of my friend is also my enemy.' I have learned recently that she acted against some friends of ours. Bringing Divergence up only causes me to reflect on the past, but its ok, I really need to move on."

Allison considers the Doctor's words and then slowly nods.

"That's a good point. The novas of this time are a wild card. At the very least, we need to find out where they stand and if they might join us. I think these newcomers you've found might be the key to making contact with them too. They give us an excuse to start looking...to nose around a little."

She chuckles. "Which probably brings us to what you're already planning to do. But at least I feel in on it now. So how are you planning on contacting the one who sent these two?"

Quote:
She chuckles. "Which probably brings us to what you're already planning to do. But at least I feel in on it now. So how are you planning on contacting the one who sent these two?"
Doc responds,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"I think the best way to proceed is after they have been trained on how to avoid the Ban and Taint, we'll put them back and follow them... or more likely, go with them. So we have a few weeks to kill before that happens, which presumably gives us time to look into one of the other matters. The Inn. The Guns. Or Big and Bad's history."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"Hmmm. The guns seem tied up with the novas. Investigating them will probably lead us to more facts about the guns. And investigating Ba'aan is important, but will take awhile and it's not critical right away."

Allison nods. "If you ask me, I think the situation in the Inn should be our first priority. The Inn and some of those who frequent it could be valuable allies...and even if they stay neutral, they can sell us information and goods. This could be a chance to prove ourselves to be friends of the Inn and the powers that run it."

Quote:
Allison nods. "If you ask me, I think the situation in the Inn should be our first priority. The Inn and some of those who frequent it could be valuable allies...and even if they stay neutral, they can sell us information and goods. This could be a chance to prove ourselves to be friends of the Inn and the powers that run it."
Doc nods,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"The Inn it is... although I do have to ask whether that's Allison the strategist talking or Allison the seer?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1318:date=Dec 18 2006, 07&#58;30 PM:name=Allison)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allison &#064; Dec 18 2006, 07&#58;30 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Allison nods. "If you ask me, I think the situation in the Inn should be our first priority. The Inn and some of those who frequent it could be valuable allies...and even if they stay neutral, they can sell us information and goods. This could be a chance to prove ourselves to be friends of the Inn and the powers that run it."
Doc nods,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"The Inn it is... although I do have to ask whether that's Allison the strategist talking or Allison the seer?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Allison laughs. "It's just me, Allison. No visions right now, no guidence from above. Just me. And I'm just trying to think of what makes the most sense. If you have better ideas, I'm open to them."

Quote:
Allison laughs. "It's just me, Allison. No visions right now, no guidence from above. Just me. And I'm just trying to think of what makes the most sense. If you have better ideas, I'm open to them."
Doc replies,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"No. No better ideas, but I am aware there are big gaps in our knowlege here. Moving on the Inn makes sense with the information we have, but I remember what happened last time we were there."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

• 2 weeks later...

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Arestan 16, 498 CY

"I think that we can deal with the issues in the Inn. My little performance last year should have raised our profile slightly. And so long as we don't cause too much trouble and remember to bring a few gifts with us things should flow swimmingly. By the way, what do they use for currency in that place? "

Archived