Aberrant: Ba'alt - Re: Of Flesh and Future..

Narrator

Planet Paril

Market Arcology,City of Tsana

10:50 hours

Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#FF6600--><span style="color:#FF6600"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Aside from the low level panic at one of the elevators going awry and people screaming and shouting at one another, the 90 seconds it takes Rama to hack the control center for the lift goes smoothly. The team enters the lift peacefully and descends the 30 levels without the interruption of stopping at the lower levels. As far as security knows, a service code was entered and some maintenance personnel is going to level 30.

Once on the destination level it is quickly evident that the class of people on this level has decreased in direct relation to the distance from the surface. Trash lends itself as obstacles to get tangled underfoot and it only takes about 15 seconds before any of the team is either propositioned for sexual favors or is offered favors for sale. Whisper is definitely getting the lion share of the attention followed by Rama who in spite of his alien appearance is getting quite a bit of interest, from both sexes. No one approaches Rama however.

From Whispers senses and general node ping, one of the patterns lies ahead some 2-3 hundred yards. The population on this level is also much more dense, with perhaps 40 people for every 100 square feet; it is in some parts literally shoulder-to-shoulder. The low ceiling tops out at only 10 feet in most parts with intersections of hallways getting a 20' raised ceiling for increased ventilation equipment and such. It is definitely not an easy place to get around.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Planet Paril
Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#FF6600--><span style="color:#FF6600"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Once on the destination level it is quickly evident that the class of people on this level has decreased in direct relation to the distance from the surface. Trash lends itself as obstacles to get tangled underfoot and it only takes about 15 seconds before any of the team is either propositioned for sexual favors or is offered favors for sale. Whisper is definitely getting the lion share of the attention followed by Rama who in spite of his alien appearance is getting quite a bit of interest, from both sexes. No one approaches Rama however.
Richard will start using the 'Jedi Mind Trick' (ie the Voice) to get the more obnoxious to back off and leave us alone. Hopefully a display or two of this will convince the less ... desperate ... from trying their luck.

Quote:
Crumble looks around and says (to everyone)

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"Hold up. These multiple patterns we're sensing are probably clones. That's probably not the real nova."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Rama sends out his quantum awareness again combined with the node-ping to see if he can narrow down the signature. He replies to Crumble,
<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->
"How can you tell? Anyway to find out which one is Prime?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"Careful, Richard," Whisper says, ducking back closer to him. "Overt use of parahuman abilities could attract attention we don't want right now. I have other ways of dealing with the riffraff."

And with that, Whisper undergoes a peculiar transformation. All the more peculiar because she doesn't -change- at all. But the hindbrain impulse she broadcasts to make people find her attractive seems to reverse itself. Suddenly she seems so ordinary, so plain, that even knowing her, it's hard to pay attention to her. One's eyes slide away unless riveted by sheer force of will.

Quote:
Rama ...replies to Crumble,
<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->
"How can you tell? Anyway to find out which one is Prime?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Crumble answers,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"I don't know for sure, but it is the most logical answer. I'm getting multiple signatures, but they are too similar and all of them are difuse. I think he developed the ability to Clone and then he developed the ability to hide which was real."

"If I got closer I might be able to tell if he's real... or maybe not."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

(How close is Crumble to the figure in question?)

Quote:

<!--quoteo(post=1050:date=Sep 27 2006, 01&#58;06 PM:name=Narrator"]Planet Paril
Arestan 13, 498 CY

Richard will start using the 'Jedi Mind Trick' (ie the Voice) to get the more obnoxious to back off and leave us alone. Hopefully a display or two of this will convince the less ... desperate ... from trying their luck.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->[/quote<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Richards use of Voice does indeed help split the sea of people but if only for a short time....

Quote:
"Careful, Richard," Whisper says, ducking back closer to him. "Overt use of parahuman abilities could attract attention we don't want right now. I have other ways of dealing with the riffraff."

And with that, Whisper undergoes a peculiar transformation. All the more peculiar because she doesn't -change- at all. But the hindbrain impulse she broadcasts to make people find her attractive seems to reverse itself. Suddenly she seems so ordinary, so plain, that even knowing her, it's hard to pay attention to her. One's eyes slide away unless riveted by sheer force of will.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Combined with Whispers use of her mega's and meta's, the sea parts a little more.... You can all move at a stiff walking pace now.

Quote:
(How close is Crumble to the figure in question?)
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->The team is still a good 150-200 yards away.

Quote:
Richard, who does possess pretty good Willpower, raises an eyebrow at her. "That's a neat trick," he says, clearly impressed - then proceeds to ignore her until she ID's the target. style_emoticons

Rama says,

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Something is very wrong here. My first impulse is to stop the man anyway if he is planning to buy "hyper-wave" weapons and then kill the dealer. But then it might tip our hand. I just did a second scan of the area and that is definitly *not* a Nova. In fact, I can sense no quantum signitures besides ours anywhere on this entire level..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Rama says,

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Something is very wrong here. My first impulse is to stop the man anyway if he is planning to buy "hyper-wave" weapons and then kill the dealer. But then it might tip our hand. I just did a second scan of the area and that is definitly *not* a Nova. In fact, I can sense no quantum signitures besides ours anywhere on this entire level..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"They may just have an ability like yours," Whisper points out. "To turn off their 'quantum' and become like normal people. Or maybe they can interfere with detection. Or maybe you were never detecting them at all...are 'novas' the only things that radiate quantum energy?"

She keeps moving forward as she talks, moving at a casual walk.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1059:date=Sep 28 2006, 04&#58;59 PM:name=Rama)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rama &#064; Sep 28 2006, 04&#58;59 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Rama says,

"They may just have an ability like yours," Whisper points out. "To turn off their 'quantum' and become like normal people. Or maybe they can interfere with detection. Or maybe you were never detecting them at all...are 'novas' the only things that radiate quantum energy?"

(bloody hell, that was Whisper, not Allison...dang multiple logons... style_emoticons)

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1059:date=Sep 28 2006, 04&#58;59 PM:name=Rama)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rama &#064; Sep 28 2006, 04&#58;59 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Rama says,

Rama pauses suddenly. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro--> "There is one other possibility that has just occured to me. It may in fact be a long shot, since the Nova in question should be 15,000 years in the past, but its worth considering..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"I read in your data files of a former teammate named Glean who would certainly fit the description of a Nova, near-light speedster. He is also said to have the ability to manipulate quantum at a higher level, shutting down other Novas or creating quantum ghost signatures. That would be a strong fit for the diluted readings I am getting here. Even if it isn't Glean, someone with those abilities could be very deadly for us, as he can dampen the source of our powers. Crumble, you were in contact with this Nova before. If it is him, and you don't recognize the signature you are getting as familiar, is it possible that he could be masking it? Or perhaps, if it is indeed him, that he has simply changed in the last 15 millenia?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Rama says,

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"If we are just going to initiate a conversation, would you like me to create a peaceful atmosphere?" <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"I think that would be a good idea and then if the rest of you can fan out, I'll approach. I don't want either of these guys getting away and certainly want this contained. If I put my hand over my eyes like this. "

He places his right palm over his face in a sign of exasperaton.

"..drop it and move in. "

Smite will walk over to the booth.

Planet Paril

11:00 hours

Arestan 13, 498 CY

A few minutes of partially swimming through the masses and at times walking unhindered, the team finally comes to view who they are nearly certain is the target their looking for. He is a well kept gentlemen, perhaps in his late 30?s and is dressed nicely. He also seems to be slowing his pace as he approaches the corner vendor selling small electronics. Between Rich?s work and Rama?s Soothe, the few dozen people around are a joy to be around and the area is peaceful. You only have about 100 feet to go; he is well within scanning range.

He does indeed ping a reply back on node that betrays a signature as pure as Smites.

{{I am assuming you are all NOT bunched up together like the Scooby Gang sneaking up on a would be ghost. Rather, you are all spread out looking as non-descript as possible with Smite taking primary point. Chronos might be as close as Smite; pending on your plan either of the pair should act first... plan it in table talk..}}

Planet Paril

Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#FF6600--><span style="color:#FF6600"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

As he gets closer the 'new' nova, Crumble pauses and makes the I don't know shrug. He doesn't recognize him.

(Activate: Persuader, Trickster, & Awe Inspiring)

Crumble walks up beside the other nova and says,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"Well hello there. I gather you wanted to speak with me?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#CC6600--><span style="color:#CC6600"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

As Crumble approaches to within 5 meters, an unaffected men walks between the pair of nova?s and stands near the electronics booth. This third party seems oblivious to the goings on.

?Was wondering when you all might show up.? Then the man turns around and he is obviously surprised. Crumble is not who he was expecting.

?And you?re not who I was expecting!? His voice goes up just a few octaves and he glances rapidly about the area. ?Who the hell are you??

Either the man is putting on a good act or he is really surprised, but he is not going hostile or seeming to plan for escaping at the moment.

Quote:
Planet Paril
Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#CC6600--><span style="color:#CC6600"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

As Crumble approaches to within 5 meters, an unaffected men walks between the pair of nova?s and stands near the electronics booth. This third party seems oblivious to the goings on.
Richard frowns, and tries to think of a way to get in there and stop the guy from interfering. This seems a little too normal to be normal. If he can see Rama or Smite, he'll try to point their attention towards this person, figuring that they can scan better than he.

NARRATIVE EXPLANATION

Quote:
Planet Paril

Arestan 13, 498 CY

As Crumble approaches to within 5 meters, an unaffected men walks between the <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->pair of nova?s <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> <!--coloro:#000099--><span style="color:#000099"><!--/coloro-->((Crumble and the Nova in question))<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->and stands near the electronics booth. This <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->third party <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> ((The oblivious shopper that walked between the pair and parks a few meters away))seems oblivious to the goings on.

?Was wondering when you all might show up.? Then the <strike>man </strike> Nova [i<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->]((the guy you have been hunting and Whisper was probing)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->)turns around and he is obviously surprised. Crumble is not who he was expecting.

?And you?re not who I was expecting!? His voice goes up just a few octaves and he glances rapidly about the area. ?Who the hell are you??

Either the <strike>man </strike> Novais putting on a good act or he is really surprised, but he is not going hostile or seeming to plan for escaping at the moment.

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->So there are 3 men at the electroics booth; Crumble, the Nova, and the oblivious shopper. The nova is the only one talking and the shopper is..shopping... Rich seemed to have gotten it so we are of the same scattered mind.. style_emoticons .<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Who am I??<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Crumble responds in an amused tone of voice, before continuing, <!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?I?m Joe. What I am is a being of power, like yourself. I had assumed your flashing power was a deliberate effort to draw me out??<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Crumble thinks, <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->*OK, let?s play this out the obvious way. His next move should be to claim he wasn?t deliberately drawing me out, but maybe he?ll let something slip about himself. If he doesn?t I?ll turn the conversation to what he?s really doing here, or perhaps his origins? and hopefully Whisper will read more about him.*<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Arestan 13, 498 CY<!--coloro:#FF6600--><span style="color:#FF6600"><!--/coloro-->

Participants: Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

The nova quickly replies but with his body language of taking a firm stand.

?A ?being of power? huh Joe? You look to me like a nova but whatever you call yourself, you were able to see past the static my friend is so good at making and find me so you have some skills, more skills than I was led on to believe. Being that my accomplice is not being apprehended and rather you are coming after me leads me to believe that you only know of me at this point so it?s all good.?

He makes a quick direction change with his train of thought and a noticeable pause is felt in his speech.

?I am here on business right now and either you can help me or you can step aside. If you choose the latter, I suggest you do it from over there cuz? otherwise you?ll be in my way and I don?t want to have to hurt ya.?

The man makes the moves as if this is a ?nice to meet you but I am realy busy right now and have to go? move to step away from Crumble. He only lingers a few extra moments allowing Crumble to have the last word due to Crumbles mega-socials?. Act wisely?

Rama keeps up his calming aura so that things don't get too agitated during the initial confrontation. After the man speaks, he sub-vocalizes to Whisper, <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Did you get a fix on his thoughts about his accomplice?,"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> And does another (third) combination Node Ping, Quantum Scan to help see through the "static."

Planet Paril

Arestan 13, 498 CY<!--coloro:#FF6600--><span style="color:#FF6600"><!--/coloro-->

Participants: Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Crumble appears to think out loud, <!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?More than you were led to believe? We haven?t been all that subtle. A cat?s paw? Or outright ignorance on someone?s part? And Nova isn?t a common term around here.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Crumble obviously refocuses and directs the following to the new nova, <!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?As for the rest, we are indeed already looking for your colleague??<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Crumble thinks <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->*The ?we? should let him know this is bigger than he first thought, the hint of incompetence on his side's part might shake him a hair, let?s rattle him just a bit more?*<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

He continues, <!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->??and I?m very much aware of the environmental effects of what you are looking for. I suspect we could be very helpful for each other.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

If the man attempts to turn away Crumble will let him with the following parting comment, <!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro--> ??we?ll continue this later.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#FF6600--><span style="color:#FF6600"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"You wont find my 'colleague'; we aren't some two-bit shredders off the street there John. We come from a long way away to do what we are doing here. And like I said, your...."

The nova tips his head toward the roof and then rapidly toward the edges of the crowd and then puts his finger in one of his ears and rapidly moves it as if itching.

He looks puzzled a moment then adds; "Environmental effects? Now you're outta your junky mind. You wont fly longer than 7 seconds with that."

His hand reaches out to shake Crumbles hand.

"You said you wanted to help, or that you could help? Lets shake on it."

Quote:
Planet Paril
Arestan 13, 498 CY

"You wont find my 'colleague'; we aren't some two-bit shredders off the street there John. We come from a long way away to do what we are doing here. And like I said, your...."

The nova tips his head toward the roof and then rapidly toward the edges of the crowd and then puts his finger in one of his ears and rapidly moves it as if itching.

He looks puzzled a moment then adds; "Environmental effects? Now you're outta your junky mind. You wont fly longer than 7 seconds with that."

Abruptly Crumble "hears" clearly in his mind a whispery voice saying, If you take his hand, or let him touch you, you'll be teleported away. You've made them very suspicious, but it seems that their aims here and ours may not be at odds...even if they DO take orders from a very mysterious person. I have more; plenty more, but you'll want to resolve this little crisis first, I imagine.

Planet Paril

Arestan 13, 498 CY

Quote:
Abruptly Crumble "hears" clearly in his mind a whispery voice saying, If you take his hand, or let him touch you, you'll be teleported away. You've made them very suspicious, but it seems that their aims here and ours may not be at odds...even if they DO take orders from a very mysterious person. I have more; plenty more, but you'll want to resolve this little crisis first, I imagine.
Inside his head you see that although he isn?t a telepath 'Crumble' is a mental Giant. He reaches out mentally and crisp concepts and words form,

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->?GOOD. I HAD INTENDED TO MAKE THEM SUSPICIOUS ENOUGH TO INVESTIGATE. BEING TELEPORTED WASN?T PART OF THE PLAN, BUT IS I THINK AN ACCEPTABLE RISK. TRY TO STAY WITH ME. IF THE WORSE HAPPENS CONTACT JOHN, HE?LL KNOW WHAT TO DO.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:

Crumble hesitates {Find Weakness on him followed by a scan while we move} and accepts.

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Be happy to.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Arestan 13, 498 CY

Crumble reaches out and shakes the mans hand and no sooner than they shake two times and they both vanish. The signature that engulfed them was neither Crumbles or the nova in question. The only good things that has come of this is that the meeting for the Hyper weapons is not going to happen but now Crumble is gone.

Rama looks at the others gathered. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Don't worry, I've tracked them and I believe I have a good lock on their location. They definitly went off planet and are located indoors. Smite, you are in command of this operation. Would you like me to warp us to them? I can get us to within a few miles of their exact location."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Rama looks at the others gathered. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Don't worry, I've tracked them and I believe I have a good lock on their location. They definitly went off planet and are located indoors. Smite, you are in command of this operation. Would you like me to warp us to them? I can get us to within a few miles of their exact location."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"Good, I don't want to lose them. Crumble will be leading from the inside, and we don't want to leave him in the lurch. We move, and then we get prepared for forced entry if things go bad. We need to keep our ears to the ground on this one. I don't want to play teleport tag all day.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1117:date=Oct 12 2006, 03&#58;24 AM:name=Rama)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rama &#064; Oct 12 2006, 03&#58;24 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

"Good, I don't want to lose them. Crumble will be leading from the inside, and we don't want to leave him in the lurch. We move, and then we get prepared for forced entry if things go bad. We need to keep our ears to the ground on this one. I don't want to play teleport tag all day.

Whisper rejoins the others, a vaguely exasperated look on her face.

"I warned him of their intentions. He went because he wanted to. I lost contact with him, but I could probably find him again if I wanted to light up like a Christmas Tree." She snorts. "Which really isn't my style."

"The good news is that I risked a deeper contact with the nova before he and the Dr's little friend got snatched away, and I learned quite a bit about who they are, who they were, and why they're here. It might suit our purposes to approach them diplomatically. They're not here to make trouble. At least, not the kind of trouble we won't be causing ourselves."

~

~

14:30 hours local time

Arestan 13, 498 CY

No sooner than Crumble fades away; and it is more of a fading rather than an outright shifting of space, it takes precisely 3 seconds to complete the shift, and he finds himself in what appears to be a small apartment. The space is lightly decorated betraying either a reserved style or a limited income and there are two doors visible from the position Crumble is in. A tall black man is standing a few paces away from him and the nova.

?Hello. You can call me San and this imbecile in front of you is Kinter.? San raises a menacing looking pistol to draw a bead with Crumbles head. Kinter lets go of Crumbles hand in making the third shake.

?Please set down Joe. Right here in this chair.? San gestures to a comfortable cushioned chair in front of him.

Kinter acknowledges San as he removes a small mic from deep within his ear and walks around a corner into what looks to be the kitchen and can be heard shuiffling around small appliances and equipment.

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->{{Neither of the men, including San appear to be hostile. Even though San is pointing an Integrity Manshark heavy pistol at Crumbles head a skilled people person as Crumble cannot believe that he would actually use it.}}<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Arestan 13, 498 CY

Participants: Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Richard

NARRATIVE UPDATE

<!--coloro:#CC66CC--><span style="color:#CC66CC"><!--/coloro-->{{I posted a topic in Chronos' character sheet section that will only last for a few posts until the lot of you catch up to him in locations, if at all.

When it is done I am able to merge the topics and then they will be sorted in chronological order for all to view in this current topic. You will all not miss out on the action but I wanted to keep a little bit of mystery.

Continue posting here as normal, your intentions and such, and we will all be together shortly...}}<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Do you all let down the various effects to let the people come down to their normal levels?

What is your next move?

Whisper, you can very likely find the person he was to do business with if you all wanted to pursue the Hyper weapon deal, or you can save it for later.....

Arestan 13, 498 CY

Crumble isn?t surprised and he makes no attempt to hide this. As he takes a seat he checks to make sure his social enhancements are up and comments,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Oh don?t blame him Sam, I did ask to be brought here.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Crumble thinks, <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->*Play out the ?we have similar agendas card? No, not just yet. Let?s string this out a bit more.*<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Crumble Scans the new nova.

~

~

Arestan 13, 498 CY<!--coloro:#FF6600--><span style="color:#FF6600"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

As Chronos sits, San relaxes his grip on the pistol a little.

?I am told that there are other people like us out there in the universe John, other people with nodes that don?t share our views and who would act in opposition to us. I was not told of your existence so I am quick to assume you are not of my viewpoint. But you have spared using violence so far so let me ask; Are you for Terra??

<!--coloro:#6666CC--><span style="color:#6666CC"><!--/coloro-->{{The way he says Terra implies he is speaking not of a person but of Earth. He is not good at hiding his feelings and he also betrays he and Kinter are supporters of Terra or Earth. He is hoping for a positive reply to his question. He is also implying that he has been told of ALL the nova's on his side somehow.}}<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Arestan 13, 498 CY

Crumble gives an exasperated sigh and says,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?That?s a more complicated question than I?m sure you realize. ? I suspect the short answer is ?Yes?, but I?m not sure my Terra is the same as yours. It?s probably more accurate to say I believe we have common enemies.?

?San, every man exists at the center of his own universe. Similarly, every faction exists at the center of its own universe. It is an easy, comfortable belief? but wrong. My information about what is going on with the Earth is thousands of years out of date, what?s going on??<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

San looks at Crumble quizzicly.

"Your information is thousands of years out of date? How is that Possible? I have an idea but humor me please."

San pulls up a chair close ro Crumble and sits. Kinter exits the kitchen with a few driniks and what looks to be a bag of some sort of snack stuffer. In short time Crumble is offered a 'beer' and the three men gather in this living room for a chat.

Arestan 13, 498 CY

Joe takes the beer and leans forward.

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"Not just many years, many lines of time. I'm from so far away... but that's getting a head of myself."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Joe collects himself and continues,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"By the calendar we were using then, novas started to erupt around 1998. I erupted in 2007. Back then the total number of novas was still in the thousands. We hit 10,000 novas in 2008 or so. Skipping over a lot of history that we may or may not have in common, the rise of the Divis Mal and the Teragen, Project Utopia, etc, in 2012 a group of us decided to explore alternate timelines. The technology wasn't untried but it was pretty new. The general idea was to start mapping out the other worlds and set up listening posts and share information."

"We started out, and BOOM. Time quake. We don't know what caused the event. Maybe we did something, but the shear scale of the thing says that's unlikely. Maybe Ba'laan and the Ban got involved somehow. We don't know, and it doesn't really matter. Lady with the instruments claimed the event went half a million years up and down time, and we ended up so far away from our starting place even the laws of physics were different. Lost in Time. Lots of people got sweep up in the mess, like a title wave. Dozens of novas. Hundreds of baselines. A few other creatures too."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Joe pauses, apparently lost in memory, but really pausing to see how they take this. Specifically how they react to the mention of Ba'laan and the Ban.

Archived