[Fiction] Aug 2007 Writer's Contest Topic: PHILANTHROPY

Seph OOC

The subject of this month's contest is PHILANTHROPY.

Holy shit, I can't do this. I'm a punch-drunk loon from shlepping crap all over the place for my move and being up too long. You people know what to do, right? I don't have to walk you through this. Fuck it; if you don't know what 'philanthropy' means, get a goddamn dictionary. Then write a story.

I'll probably rewrite this or something when I get access back. Consider this the perfunctory effort of a man with much bigger fish to scale and gut.

In all seriousness, thanks to those of you who participated in last month's contest. I really hope to see more as we go. I'll set up the voting for July when I get back. You guys are pretty awesome, and I've loved everything I've read so far.

Hope to be back soon. Be well, all.

From Dictonary.com

phi·lan·thro·py –noun, plural -pies.

• 1. altruistic concern for human welfare and advancement, usually manifested by donations of money, property, or work to needy persons, by endowment of institutions of learning and hospitals, and by generosity to other socially useful purposes.
  • 2. the activity of donating to such persons or purposes in this way: to devote one's later years to philanthropy.
  • 3. a particular act, form, or instance of this activity: The art museum was their favorite philanthropy.
  • 4. a philanthropic organization.

Archived