[Fiction] Memories and Ties of the lost.

Silvertalon

The sun slowly rises upon the horizon as the light beings to chase away the darkness of the night. As the land below beings to awaken slowly from its slumber. The sights and sounds of a city below beings to awaken from its brief slumber as a city is never falls asleep. The sights and sounds from below can be heard easily the sharp ears from above. The wind flows slowly over the flying nova's form, as each wing flap forces the thick morning smog away from the body for a moment. The early morning arrival of this nova is completely unnoticed by the people below whom are in to much of a hurry to get to work. A thicker layer of smog seams to settle in around the city ahead of her.

The sounds of the city below become much louder as the winds seam to pick up. A sparkle of something ahead catches the nova's eyes. Suddenly a wall, and window's glint with the mornings light though the thick fog. As person comes into view from behind the glass pane with the look of sheer shocked starting to fall backwards spilling coffee and papers all over the place. The nova's powerful wings pull back, forcing the creature to climb suddenly, as its tail lightly thumps a few panes of glass. As this causes many with in the building to look outside for the source but seeing nothing, as she is gone well before they could react. Only a few people truly caught a glimpse of what was outside in such a brief instant. Silvertalon slows to a hover looking around though the smog, a slight growl leaves her lips as the early morning makes it a little rough to clearly see.

Slowly and carefully she begins to descends down to earth, as the sounds below become louder. The outline of smaller buildings start to come into view as the smog seams to clear up more as she descends. The streets below give way a few moments later as her feet touches the roof of a small building. The traffic and people below hustle about on their daily morning business unknown to that of what is watching from above. Slowly her eyes scan the streets, her ears focused picking up idle conversations from below. The city of Los Angels comes up a few times as she smiles.

“So, this is the city of Los Angels.... A dismal place of foul air and unwashed masses.” A soft chuckle passes from her muzzle, “I find it strange, it feels so... Familiar...” Her head turns towards the south down the road, a school bus starts to come down the street, the name on the side of the bus catches her attention. “I.. know that... name..” She pushes off the building and takes flight following the large yellow bus. The bus does not go to far before it arrives in front of a large building with other buses parked in front of it as the sounds of children can clearly be heard. A large sign sits in front of the school reading. “Johnson High School”

Silvertalon pauses for a few moments as she feels as if she knows this place. A few glances around shows an alley way near by as she lands in the darken shadows and watches the on goings at the school from a distance. Slowly strange feelings and memories start to filter though her mind and a growing sense of familiar surroundings begin to ebb at her. “W.. why.. Why.. W.. whats so special about this place?” she can not pull her eyes away from the school, her ears perk and focused. It begins to feel as if time has begun to slow around her.

“Hey wake up sleepy head! We don't wanna be late for first class of the day! Besides the bus driver would not be to happy to catch you nap'n back here again.”

A yawn escapes her mouth as her eyes flutter open looking up at a girl in t-shirt and shorts holding some books in her arms. “eh? Awww man were here already?!” she mutters softly looking out at the window seeing the school before her. “This sucks, education is so daft.” a soft huff a moment later she reaches over taking the backpack into hand as her friend takes a few steps back giggling.

“Yes, I hear we will have a new teacher this year! Instead of that old daft guy. I wounder whom they got?”

“I don't really care, schools just school.... Nothing more.” she makes a face.

The two girls giggle some as they walk out of the bus waving to the driver heading towards the large doors of the school. As other children seam to be heading in the same direction as well as they are all in their own conversations and topics. The ringing bell signals the first classes will start soon as the students hustle all about to get to class not wanting to be tardy for the first day of class.

A few moments pass as if almost in a blink of an eye, she finds herself sitting in a chair behind a desk. The other students seam to be busy looking around, at the clock as the new teacher is late for her first day. Many of the students seam to be jesting and laughing making jokes, while some wounder what is going on. A lot of paper airplanes and other things are being tossed around the room as the noise in the room is a lot louder then it should be. The door slowly opens as the students realize someone is waking in, as all the festive activities suddenly stop. All the students rush to their seats pretending nothing was going on a few moments ago as the room itself falls silent.

A young asian woman walks into the room with a cain in her hand, and sunglasses on her face. She looks towards the class and smiles with a slight bow. “Good morning class, I had a bit of trouble finding the room, I hope you were all well behaved while I was absent...” she smiles a bit more. A few children start to whisper amongst one another as they point. The teachers head turns and looks towards them. “Do you three have something to say? It is impolite to whisper in such tones why not tell the class what your talking about?”

One boy gulps a little and nods, “Miss...”

“Tokoyan Ishiuri...” She replys warmly..

“Miss Tokoyan, your blind?” the boys expression is with confusion as to how they were caught whispering by a blind teacher.

“Yes, I am....” She turns and walks over to the desk and places her books and bag onto it as if she has done this many times before. Tokoyan moves around to the front of the desk before leaning up against as she smiles, “Even though, I am unable to see you. It does not mean I not truly blind to what is around me. There are other senses one can use to see in place of ones eyes.” Her arms place across her chest. “Such as hearing, and smell even touch can be my eyes, with a little training and hard work, those senses could be sharper then even eyes could ever be.”

All the students just stare in awe for a short period of time. until she pulls out a book and flips it open "Okay lets get started shall we?". As the class itself begins with a room full of stunned, baffled and confused students. This new teacher would clearly make this one very interesting year for many students at Johnson High School.

Silvertalon blinks a few times as her ears perk hearing voices coming closer to were she hides. Quickly she ducks behind some boxes as the foot-steps and voices pass with out breaking a step. Her eyes slowly looks towards the school again for a fw long moments, trying to figure out what just happened.

“Tokoyan.....” she whispers to herself, slowly before looking around.

It seams that school has already started while she was day dreaming. The traffic in the area seams to have settled down, leaving far less people on the streets then there was a while ago. Her wings spread and with a mighty flap she takes to the air. Flying quickly over to the school and landing carefully upon the roof, as her eyes quickly scan the area below ensuring no one has seen her. As the smog and darkness has been steadily vanishing in the morning suns light leaving less and less room to make any errors.

• 2 weeks later...

As more of the landscape of the city comes into few from the hazy fog and the light of the morning sun. The buildings begin to show their age, many seam to be fair shape while some worse then others. One would say the area is a little run down, with the sights, sounds and smell of urban decay. Silvertalon's nose twitches a little as she looks across the area from roof. Many older cars seam to be driving along the streets, as loud booming noises come from some them. While some strange flying cars travel above at higher a height all together avoiding the lower area. As she watches her ears flicker back and forth the sights before her seam so alien and new, but yet so familiar at the same time. Slowly the sound of her talons scrapes across the bricks upon the ledge of the building as she stares for a few long moments taking in the sights and sounds before her.

“Feels, so fimular..” Her ears flicker, “I.. just can not place it..” whispers softly.

Suddenly her attention is brought back to reality, as the sound strange soft chinking sound of many things come from behind the door to her right. The nob starts to wiggle slowly as the door beings to open as she quickly moves behind the back of the enclosed stairwell. The door opens with a slow creaking noise followed by the foot falls of a person walking out onto the roof in a casual manner. A soft humming tune catches her ears, as they follow the persons movement. Although her attention is not focused upon the persons movement itself but the tune.

“That tune... Why... do I know that...” her eyes lower as she is deep in thought.

Flash Back

Girl: “Won't we get into trouble if we come up here?”

Boy: “Naw, the tech's never come up here fer nuttin.. So wez can stay's here and none will be the wizer..”

Girl: “Well are you sure? I mean.. We can get into a lot of trouble..”

A noise of heavy foot falls catch both their attentions as they both go white in the faces. The boy grabs the girls hand and pulls her around to the back of the enclosed stairwell as he climbs up onto the boxes. She looks over around the side as the door beings to open. The boy reaches down as the girl reaches up both their hearts racing by now. As he pulls her up quickly and they lay down on top of the roof of the stairwell.

Boy: Shhhh...

The girl nods, as one of the school janitors starts to look around on the roof top. He walks from one end of the roof to the other checking behind everything. He stops for a few moments and looks over out across the parking lot scratching his head a bit, “I swear.. I thought I saw some kids come up here..” He mumbles a little bit and heads back down. The two wait for a few minutes before the little boy checks around and smiles.

Boy: “See.. Now we got the whole day to play!”

The persons smell slowly pulls Silver's mind back to the present, as the old musky smell of an older man is masked by some type of sharp clover or something. Her nose wrinkles a little bit as her ears flicker a trying to locate the person having for a moment lost his movements, how careless it was of her to do such. But the sound of the door creaking once again tells her the old man must be leaving. Then the sounds of that strange chinking sound and then a few moments later a lock being snapped into place confirms he has decided to go back down. Slowly she looks around the corner and then around, her head tilts slightly up as her face contorts for a moment. Her right hand reaches up as she takes hold corner of the stairwell and pulls herself up on top of its roof. Her eyes look over the dusty roof top, as her hands push aside rubble and trash, as her talons slowly feel over the surface of cement roof.

Several moments pass until her right index talon catches something, her eyes narrow a little. Slowly she digs into the crack as dirt gives way, slowly she follows the cracks outline as a shape beings to form. Her eyes watching while a confused look plays across her face, a part of her wanting to know. As another part is so confused to why she taking this course of action. All the while her hand and talons slowly work bringing forth the outline of a crude looking heart of sorts with a line though it with a pointy end. Her talons slide with in the hearts shape, feeling more cracks as she begins to carefully scrape away the dirt.

The packed dirt is carefully removed as few words or names seam to be contained with in the heart shaped outline. The aging of the building and weather have long since made the words or names unable to be read. Her eyes remain upon this strange outline in stone for a long period of time. Slowly with tender loving care, her talons slide across heart. While her hand moves she stares more and more trying to remember why this seams so important. As she begins to wounder whom put this here, why and for what reason.

A voice seams to whisper softly and distantly....

“Maybe one day we will see one another again....”

“I dun nuw, yer dad was awefuly angerz wif the tech..”

“Sigh... yeah... But aslo he has new work... So we gotta move I want to stay.. I been having so much fun with you and Toko....” giggles softly.

“yez.. But hey... Wez can't alwazs be around yez now... But... Tellz yez what... How aboutz Iz leave somethin be hindz fer.. Uz to remember one another eh?”.....

The voices fade slowly out, while she looks around coming out of a trance like state of some sort. A shiver runs though her spine, as she feels so very cold all of a sudden all over. The eerie feeling pulls away leaving her fur standing on end for a few moments. Then a soft caress plays across her cheek and muzzle leaving an icy feeling as it fades quickly as it came. The warmth of the morning sun caresses her fur and scales helping her to warm up quickly. But a tear slowly trails down the side of her cheek, the feeling of loss but yet having found something filters though her instinctive nature. As she turns her gaze towards the rising sun, for a moment she thought she saw something or someone smiling at her.

“....Lozien...” softly the words play off her tongue, as more tears seam to flow. A part of her knowing full well he is long gone oddly enough. But yet the feeling deep down with in cries out wanting to know what happened. She turns away from the sun for a moment. Her eyes look towards the south, the city has not changed much as far as she can tell expect for minor details. As she wonders if that place is still around, perhaps she can find some answers about herself, possibly quell the strange feelings and curiously that has begun haunt her so.

Her hand gently is placed upon the heart as she looks down at it for a long moment. "I'll help you find peace old friend..." She utters softly finding it very strange, she can feel the cold concerte warm below her touch for a few moments before it becomes icy cold once again. Her ears lay back as she turns her focus towards the south, the class room activities below seamingly go on. But unknowing to her, she is being watched she can feel the strange sensation but ignores it for now as she moves on.

Silvertalon carefully makes her way from rooftop to rooftop avoiding being spotted, by those on the ground and those in the air as best she can. It is strange much has changed and yet she doesn't remember being here before, but she does feel like she has. The buildings seam very familiar to her as well. The path she is on is like one she has taken many times before. Yet down below in the streets is a slum as most would say, trash all over the place, graffiti and homeless seam to be all over. A place most wouldn't venture unless they lived here or had no choice.

The sounds of small fights breaking out can easily be heard by her keen ears. A few shots fired quickly answered by the sounds of sirens from above. Everything seams so typical, and yet strange. The humans down below if you were to call them. Some seam to be normal, others feel like nova's while they easily blend in with the crowds. Some even show themselves as they are to be, like it was a casual walk in the park. Also the gang element are easily seen for those that have the eye to see the out of the ordinary. Some gangsters seam to be juicers, others seam to be decked in strange body implants and other oddities are shown with pride. While some of the more smarter ones seam normal and hide their dirty tricks and talents from prying eyes.

The city of Los Angels is what most call it, is a strange place. Still yet it strangely feels like home to her, even though everything has changed all around the area with the time. The old land markers of buildings and statues still stand as markers to the past, the feeling of being down this path keeps her going deeper south, into more dangerous area's were the slums become a bastion for the worse elements of crime. A place were hope is all but gone, and yet in the mist of this dark place a small candle is lit as a beacon in the night. Some times that beacon can awaken things with in those that desperately need to awake.

-Flash back-

“But, I dun wanna go!... I want to stay home and play with my toys! Why do I have to go to that old strange ladies place!”

“Sweetie, we been over this many times already, your a bright young lady. You have a special gift for things, I think it will do you well to learn something from this instructor.”

“Bu....”

“Now, don't give me any but's young lady! In time you will learn the reason why.”

“Daddy why do you have to go again?!?”

The older man smiles down and gently places his hand upon her head ruffling up her hair and chuckles, “I know, its not fair I am not home as much as I want to be. But I promise in a week I will have a lot of time to take you places you always wanted to go.” The older man smiles warmly bringing his hand under the little girls chin as her gaze looks into his. “Lets make a promise, you go and learn from the nice lady some of the cool things she can teach you.” He winks, “An.... I'll take you to the Zoo, and to your fav place to eat!”

The little girls eyes light up and wraps her arms around her father tightly as he smiles....

--

Silvertalon pauses for a few moments, the smell of the sewage near by makes her nose slightly wrinkle. A few people may have saw her a nova or two and yet they payed no real attention to her. After seeing some strange looking nova's in the mix with humans it seams the strange qualities of some are just no more important then others. She still keeps to the shadows and out of the way, the strange feeling of being watched and now followed starts to concern her slightly. She looks towards the direction as the feeling of being watched fades as she does.

“Interesting...” She thinks for a few moments, as if wondering what to do but decides to continue on as its not far.

The trek does not take to long as she comes across a old building that seams quite out of place, from the slightly more modern ones. This building is an older brick style building built at a much earlier period in time. And yet nothing has seamed to change what so ever about this place. She watches closely taking in all the details, as children and even adults in strange uniforms come and go from time to time. Yet there seams to be a strange calm about this place, peace in the ad mist of the slum. The building itself seams decently clean compared to the surroundings and the trash removed from the side walk in front. The window's are a bit scruffy, but you can see inside, though the barred window's as it looks like some sort of business or school.

-Flash Back-

A hand reaches out and another grasps the offered hand, as the world is pulled up right. A strange feeling hurt feeling of pride seams to show with in the students emotions. As more so of being made a fool in front of others more so but they take it in pride and take a seat before their instructor.

“As you see, someone under estimated their opponent and allowed themselves to think they are better the the other. But the moment you think you are better, and begin to under estimate your opponent you have lost. Martial arts is a form of combat for what?”

Many people raise their hands as the teacher raises her cane, “Yes you, young boy.. What is Martial Arts used for?”

The boy is slightly stunned but quickly recovers with a slight knowing grin upon his face, “To beat your opponent and win! Making them know your a better.”

The instructor pauses for a long moment as the boy feels he said the wrong thing. The cane taps on the ground a few times, “Wrong! Young man now get on the ground and give me twenty push ups!” The boy scrambles to do what the lady as said and starts counting. She turns and takes a few steps walking slowly.

“Martial arts is about self discipline. Why do you ask what Self Discipline is?” She pauses for a few more long moments. “To teach oneself that there is nothing you can not do if you put your mind to it and your skills. It strengthens who you are with in and helps bring the best out of you. Martial arts is also a form of combat for defense, it is the last resort you will use to avoid conflict when you have no other choice.”

“But sensei then why teach martial arts if its used as a last resort? Isn't it used for fighting?” A young man comments.

“True, many think martial arts is only for fighting and fail to realize the reason why it exists in the first place. This school is here to teach you not only how to defend yourself, but to also hopefully show you other means and ways to solve issues. An for some, a inner peace you strive to find something in which strengthens the spirit.”

The sensei stops for a moment and turns towards the boy doing push ups. As he counts off twelve with a grunt. As she clears her throat loudly, “ehm, I think you were on number six young man. I'd adivise you stop goofing around and do as your told.” The body gulps and quickly drops down as he was clearly slacking off in the back and the teacher caught him doing so. A deep crimson color of embarrassment plays across his face at the fact a blind teacher caught him in the act. He know's he will be be teased by his peers at school soon.

--

Silvertalons wings spread as she moves quickly leaping from the rooftop and glides towards the building. She gently lands on the roof top and looks around. No access doors from above but the sound of something flapping in the wind catches her attention to the right. She moves over to the ledge and finds a window open with cloth drapes flapping in the breeze. It does seam big enough for her to fit into with ease. She looks around slowly and then proceeds to sneak inside the open window carefully avoiding knocking anything over in the dark room.

• 3 weeks later...

When Silvertalon entered the room, the first things she saw was several small piles of stacked objects with in the room. Some strange human shaped dummies that seamed to look like scarecrows standing up right together. The sight was a oddity to her at first, but the smell of sweat, blood and age of the leather caught her attention. She leaned forward and looking at one of the piles in front of her, reaching out to pick up what seamed to be some type of gloved mitt or some sort of padding.

-Flash Back-

“Come on! Stop being a baby girl and kick it already” Lozien mocks playfully with a smug grin.

The girl glares a bit at her friend and then gives a coy smirk, as she suddenly jumps into the air with a quick spin. Her right foot comes around with as much force she can muster with all her might. As her foot connects with the blocking pad as Lozien staggers to the left from the impact. The blocking pad is quickly thrown off as he shakes his hand repeatedly from the stinging sensation.

“So... Who's the girl now Lozien?” a soft giggle can be heard soon afterwards...

-End of Flash Back-

A slight smirk plays across her muzzle, as she places the blocking pad back in its pile. Her eyes scanned the room slowly, she strangely begun to recall the names of each piece of equipment in the room and what they were used for. A few moments ago she had no idea what all this stuff was for and now understands fully what it is used for. A strange glowing outline of a doorway catches her attention. Slowly taking her time to rise to a stand, she carefully makes her way to the door. Her hand reaches for the door handle and stops as she leans forward to listen to what is going on the other side. Several long moments pass not a single sound catches her attention as she takes a deep breath preparing herself to what is to come next.

Silvertalons hand clasped the door handle and then begins to twist, carefully working the nob to ensure the door opens as silent as possible and she doesn't break the handle. Taking a step back she cracks the door open at first and then peeks out through the opening seeing nothing in the hallway but decoration and other odds and ends. The smell of incense catches her sense of smell making her wrinkle her nose a bit almost sneezing in reaction to the scent but catches her self. The door is opened wider as her head pokes out looking down the long hallway from one end to the other, making sure the coast was clear before entering the corridor.

Silvertalons ears flickered quickly back and forth catching the sounds of other people in the building making noise or doing other activities. The strong smell of cook cooking catches her attention and the strange order of the incense makes her tummy rumble with hunger causing her to drool just a bit. Her forked tongue licks over her muzzle slowly at the thought of sinking her fangs into the fresh meat she can scent in the air. Her eyes glance over the wall noticing several photo's hanging showing pictures of people with in each and numbers below. Her right hand reached up on its own towards a group photo. Her talons carefully slide over the glass as she stared for several long moments lost in thought.

-Flash Back-

“Hurry up! They are about to take the picture!” The girl cries out...

“I'm income's! Hold on!” The boy quickly gets into place catching his breath as the picture is taken in a flash of bright light.

“You almost missed it! You so lazy Lozien!”

“Ha! Yeah right.. If it wazn't for the teach I be here soon! The old bag is blind as a bat!”

The two look at each other and begin to giggle a bit as they turn towards the large camera set up to take the photo and smile. The bright blinding flash fills their senses for a few moments.....

-End of Flash Back-

Silvertalons hand and talons gently caressing the glass looking closely at each face with in the photo, a few she can recognize and even remember their names. Her teacher? Is also in the photo which brings a smile across her muzzle. But strangely a couple faces with in the photo she can not put a name to or even remember them. The sound of soft foot falls catch her attention bringing her quickly to her senses. The foot falls stop and they sound very close, her body tenses suddenly holding her breath for several long moments. She turns towards the direction of the foot steps, her eyes widen slightly in surprise seeing an elderly woman standing only a few feet away looking towards her with dark sunglasses on.

Several long moments pass as the two stood looking at one another and with out a word the elderly woman turned and walked back towards the direction she came in. Each foot step fading slowly away until nothing could be heard and yet the old woman was less then ten feet away. A look of confusion played over Silvertalons face, only to slowly fade away to a very curious look. Silvertalon followed the elderly woman back to their room, staying several paces away. Yet the old woman didn't seam to even notice her at all but still was aware of everything else around her. The room itself was the source of the burning insesne and other odd smells she could detect under lining the incense. The door itself was open when she looked in the woman was kneeling before a statue of an golden idle, head bowed slightly in prayer.

All around the elderly woman was lit candles in a circle pattern, with lavished drapes hanging down and other accessories about the room. In front of the statue was a few kneeling pillows and near by a table one could kneel in front of. The strange sights, and smells begin to click with in Silvertalons mind as she begun to become familiar with what was around her. The elders head rose slowly and looked towards the statue for a few long moments as if ending her prayer and taking time to reflect.

“I know your there... I can sense your presence easily with in the room as you stand with in the doorway looking in.” Slowly the old woman turns around waving a hand over the table beckoning her guest to take a seat.“You traveled far yes.. no? I can feel you have changed so much with in and with out, and yet I some how you are familiar. That is why I allowed you to follow me to my sanctum as you are in search of oneself. Come, sit... Have some tea with this old woman.”

Silvertalon stands speechless for a few long moments, before her body responds if on command slowly moving to take a seat in the offered place. The old woman reaches out feeling for a couple tea cups, while her other hand takes the tea pot and pours each cup of tea being careful not to spill single drop. She places the tea pot back upon its heating rock and reaches down picking up the saucer and tea cup carefully offering it to her guest in a traditional manner of a host offering thier guest something to drink. “Here take this cup of green tea, this will help you relax some.”

• 3 weeks later...

A few moments pass before Silvertalon reaches forth both hands carefully taking the offered cup of tea. Her eyes lower slowly from the old woman to the cup of hot tea in hand a tint of green reflects off the surface of the water. All the while the strange but yet soothing smell of a leafy green tea helps to sooth the her instinctive nature helping her to relax a little bit more as a soft mirr resounds with in her chest. Her eyes rise from the tea once again as a warm smile plays across her muzzle seeing the elder sitting across from her sipping upon their own tea.

“Thank you, it has been a long time since I have had green tea..”

The elder gently places her cup down and smiles with a nod, “A soothing tea eases one's spirit and allows the body to be at ease. You are correct is green tea, most visitors wouldn't of noticed it.”

Silvertalon brings the tea cup to her lips and carefully sips upon the hot liquid feeling a warmth slowly flow from her muzzle down her throat and lower. Her eyes look into the green tinted liquid thinking for a few moments and nods slightly, “I... Honestly do not know or why I know its green tea, truthfully I don't remember the last time I had it. But yet, I know it by taste and scent...”

The elder nods with a smile and turns the cup slightly to the side placing her hands in her lap. The elder seams to look in the direction of her visitor. “Very strange... To hear one rumble softly in enjoyment or pleasure like an animal. So tell me stranger what is your name? It would be nice that your host would know their guests name would it not?”

The ears upon Silvertalons head lay back turning a slight crimson color as she blushes,realizing the old woman noticed the soft mirrs. The soft mirring sound slowly fades as she clears her throat with a coy look across her face. She sets the cup of tea down upon the table as she notices the strange after taste a bit more then she remembered. “I am sorry if that noise was troubling to you..” She takes a moment thinking of the elders request, “The names Silvertalon. Might I be honored by the host to know thy name?”

“....Silvertalon....” The elder reaches for the cup of tea before her and takes another sip taking a few moments to enjoy the flavor of the tea. “It's a honor and a pleasure to meet you. My name is Tokoyan, the overseer of this dojo.” She takes another sip of her tea enjoying the flavor for a few more moments. “You are welcome here as my guest.” the elderly woman smiles as she sets down the cup reaching taking the hot pot of tea into hand and pours another cup.

Silvertalons ears perk slightly at the hosts name and blinks a few times wondering where she has heard that name before. “Tokoyan... I.. think I have heard of your name before I am not sure... Have we met before?”

The elder sets the pot of tea back on the heating rock and takes the cup of tea into her hands. She seams to look into the cup for a few long moments before taking a sip, “No, we have not Silvertalon. Although I sense in some strange way we have. It is quite possible we have or even have not life takes many twists and turns.” She takes another sip of her tea considering some other things on her mind.

“Tokoyan, could I ask you some questions?”

• 1 month later...

Tokoyan places the tea cup upon the tea table and slightly bows her head, “You may ask, I will try to provide you with what I might know.” A warm smile plays across her face. As her hands slowly rest in her lap listening carefully to the questions that will be asked.

A slow deep breath or two is taken all the while Silvertalons ears lay back upon her head. It's quite clear to anyone watching her bodies reactions she is feeling awkward, confused and puzzled by this strange encounter. Her eyes from time to time take a few moments to glance at the old woman and yet each time the sense of knowing her becomes stronger. Her head shakes slightly as her eyes close, taking the time to clear out her train of thought.

“Tokoyan.... Do you remember a boy named.... Lozien?”

The warm smile upon Tokoyan's face slowly fades into a look of sadness and a slight pain of loss. She slowly nods her head as she takes a moment to reply. “Yes... I do, one of my most gifted students... He died few years ago, helping those he cared about....”

Slowly Tokoyan reaches for her tea cup, her expression showing remorse and sadness for her student. She takes a slow sip of her tea cup. Taking a few moments to reflect upon the past to remember those that have passed on. As silence slowly fills the room for several long moments before the sound of the tea cup being placed upon the table breaks the silence.

Silvertalon looks slowly to the side not sure if she should ask the question watching Tokoyan's reactions and sadness. Another deep breath is taken. while she summons up the courage to ask feeling much more awkward then before. “Tokoyan, I....” she looks down at the tea cup in her hands, “I.. need to know what happened....” Silvertalon's eyes lower towards the tea cup in her hand watching seeing the fluid ripple slightly. All the while her hands are slightly shaking feeling a bit strange for asking such a question. The candles flicker strangely from one end of the room to the other.

Tokoyan takes a few moments as she thinks back to the day when lozien died. She takes another sip of her tea and sighs holding the tea cup, eye level as if looking into the drink. “It happened a few years ago, Lozien was helping out the local school and the kids. As he has done for the last few years, each day helping to keep the kids interest in school. He was such a good influence on the community most people would comment. One day the schools gym caught on fire, and some children were trapped with in the building while it was burning. Lozien took it upon himself to rush into the burning building to save the children from the flames. Although knowing full well that his act of heroism could cost him his life he did anyway to help save thier lives.”

Slowly Tokoyan takes another sip of her drink before setting cup down upon the table. “Lozien saved the children that is clear, when the paramedic's showed up the two children he saved were barely alive and if not for his intervention they would of died. Although the children displayed some bruises upon their bodies that suggested something happened to them, but later it was deemed that those bruises were caused by them being tossed onto the ground from with in the building onto the front lawn of the school yard. No one saw who tossed them children out of the burning building. After the fire was put out they shifted though what was left of the building in hopes of finding his body, they found none. It was said that the fire was possibly hot enough to turn his bones to ash."

“Silvertalon... Some how, I get the impression you know something of what happened that day?” Tokoyan slightless gaze falls upon Silvertalon for a few long moments. A very strange and yet creepy feeling starts to bring to the surface some instinctive desires to quickly flee. A few moments pass as Silvertalon takes another couple breaths quelling her instinctive desire to flee. Her eyes slowly rise looking up into Tokoyan's blank stare.

“....."

• 1 month later...

“No........” Silvertalon whispers softly looking into the empty cup she holds in her hands, “I.. do not remember anything past the last six months....” Her voice trails off slowly, as a inward sigh escapes her lips.

“I see... Do you know yourself? Who you are?”

Slowly Silvertalons ears lay back upon her head as her eyes look away from the cup towards the candles. “...... N..no........... Maybe... I.. don't know for sure... I do not even know why I was drawn here.”

Tokoyan's head lowers slightly as she nods, “I see, you do not know yourself or whom you are. Yet you were able not knowing or remembering anything of your past able to slip into my home undetected entirely. I would assume our paths have crossed before only those that trained and lived here have such knowledge of my home. Your spirit also feels familiar to me as well almost as if we known each other. Yet, your aura you possess seams very strange, unsettling and very primal in nature one would have a very unsettling feeling being around you for the first time.”

“You said you were drawn here? Why... What made you feel the need to come here?”

Silvertalon's gaze turns towards the old woman for a few long moments listening with a slight nod. Her ears perk slightly and then droop again. “I... Don't know.. S..something about this place.. Even you seams so familiar to me, I.. Had to come back.. To.. See... I.. Don't know...” She growls softly turning her head away quickly in frustration not knowing exactly why.

A smile plays across Tokoyan's old face as she nods slightly, “I see, your past has begun to show itself to you, in time you will know more as you expose yourself to familiar surroundings, people and places. Even though good or bad, you shouldn't take things at face value in which your memory thinks it knows. Its quite possible you could be led astray by them. The process of learning whom you are is long road, in which it takes time for one to learn and for the wounds of time to heal. You are welcome to stay here while you discover your past but do be careful. The streets outside this building are not safe for strangers and could pose serious threat to those unaware of the nature of the people here.

Silvertalon nods slowly and looks up at Tokoyan seeing the warm smile as her ears slightly flush, “Umm, I.. think I can hand myself quite well. I do not fore see any issues.. Although could you tell me more about Lozien, I.. would like to know more about him, what he looked like, what he was like..” A soft mirr escapes her lips as she asks strangely finding herself now flushing more so with a slight warmth under her cheek fur.

Tokoyan nods with a slight grin, “I see, I.. will tell you as much as I know. But these old womans eyes don't see very well these days....... In fact they don't see at all.” chuckles light heartedly.

Archived