[Fiction] Dancing at L.E.O

Sakurako Hino

Timeslip gave a wistful smile; the knowledge that Typhoon could actually see it was something of a novelty for a nova who had long since abandoned hope that facial expressions could also serve as communication.

"It's not something I get to do terribly often. When I'm 'back home' for more than a minute or two, it's almost always in a safehouse... and there, the talk is a mix of shop and rumor. In other worlds, I have to be careful; most of them don't have the One Race, and those that do find us at every extreme from gods to openly hunted. Just sitting down and having a... heart-to-heart? A heart-to-heart with someone is rare indeed."

• 2 weeks later...

"Indeed." Typhoon echoed.

"Seriously, if you have a need for my services in the coming months," He allowed his eyes to wander down to her swollen bosom. "Or, really anytime, just let me know."

Typhoon wasn't sure how to react to her now, under normal circumstances he'd hug her, but for the life of him he had no idea how terats showed affection, they were a self-professed totally different species, 'The next step in evolution', Long showed affection, and he was the most likely candidate to be the father of Timeslip's child. So they must show affection somewhat similarlly to humans.

He decided against the hug. "So, what are your thoughts?" he asked with a slightly warm if awkward smile.

You know, for a moment I thought he was going to hug me. And for that same moment, I don't think I would have minded. Damned hormones....

Typhoon interrupted her brief reverie. "So, what are your thoughts?"

"My thoughts? In part, that if we don't get you back to Prime so that you can rendevous with Endeavor, she's going to have a fit. In part, that you just made offers of assistance to what may be the most dangerous person to do so with. And in part, that if I had accepted your deal last year for the little team you were putting together, things would be very, very different today."

She stopped. While her expression held neutral, a storm was swirling inside. Did I actually just say that? And did I actually mean it?

• 2 weeks later...

"Well," Typhoon began. "Perhaps we were both a bit... hasty that day. I have to admit, I didn't want you there, though I felt regret over our previous conversations." He looked down upon the near-virgin sandy beach, never trod upon by human feet. "I must admit that I miss having the freedom of movement that I enjoyed before I... put together that 'litle team'." he physically quoted the words with his titanium fingers and a smirk.

"If you and I can overcome our mutual mistrust and look past eachother's affiliations to become friends, then nearly anything is possible."

• 1 month later...

There was a long, long silence, hanging in the air unbroken but for the wash of the sea against the shore.

Finally, Timeslip stood. "We should probably get you back home; I'm sure Endeavor will want to talk with you a fair bit, and I have things that need doing as well."

Archived