[Fiction] A new change

Sakurako Hino

Sakurako sits in the front foyer of Long's home, waiting nervously for an old friend. Neil Preston. She's been feeling very off lately, and it has concerned her.

After her trist with Long a couple months ago, she had discovered her Periods have been interrupted that she started having a month or two after her most recent change.

She had kept herself calm, hoping it's just an oddity, but the timing is quite worrysome.

She fidgets with a large book on rubber plantations of the 1800's that Origami left behind before her short trip to britain, while nibbling on a stick of pocky.

A Fish Market was the closest place he could move through ... a large dauphine in the process of being gutted to be precise was his point of entry. He quickly apologized to the workman and then to his manager. Neil couldn't miss the co-worker making the quick call to some news agency or tabloid as he backed his way out of the area. There wasn't much he could do about that now.

The cabbie became rather reserved when Neil told him were he wanted to go, but he did drop Neil off as requested. It seemed that Long's reputation was still having some trouble so close to home. Neil rang the buzzer to let Endeavor know he had arrived.

Sakurako jumps up, scared momentarily by the sudden sound of the doorbell breaking the silence. "Umm... coming!"

Sakurako was wondering who it was. It might be Neil, but it might be someone else. She looks through the door's spyhole, and seeing it was Neil, opens the door after unlocking it.

"Neil! It's good you came!" She looks around and quickly ushers Neil in before locking the door behind him. "I've been sort of nervous about getting you here. Wasn't sure if people would catch on."

She walks back over to the couch near the front door, and considers sitting down. Then remembers her manners. "Oh... is there anything I can get you while I am up?"

Neil hugs Endeavor and as he pulls back he looks her over.

"No problems, Captain. Its good to see you. As for people catching on ... well, I think that a few people know I'm here. My means of jumping is a bit conspicuous."

Neil takes a deep breath then his brow wrinkles.

"Oh... is there anything I can get you while I am up?"

"Nope. I'm good."

Once Endeavor settles down, Neil hits her with the news.

"You're pregnant ... with twins."

Endeavor is shocked. The sudden nature of his announcement.

"Wait... you mean... Twins? As in I'm going to be a mother of 2?"

Sakurako leans back, her head going back. "My god... And it's already been a month or so..."

She brings her head back up and starts laughing. "Son of a gun! Everything looks alright, doesn't it?"

Archived