[Fiction] Living in Neverland

Kultra

The computer blinked its patter in front of him.

Jonathan Rivera, CEO of 'Mexcon' and secret Nova. He had been doing nothing but transcribing a letter, something he does everyday without thinking about it.

Today was different, he had made a simply Typo on the Date. He had to go back, but it just was not going to be that easy. He saw the date, and he realized it was not a typo.

Its November 06, of 2016. That 1 besides the 6 was not a typo, he really turned 40 this year.

40, when he was young that number looked so far away, and yet there he was, a 40 year old man. But something was wrong, Rivera closed the door to his office went back to his chair and closed his eyes.

Something on his mind Clicked, as quantum energies poured through his body changing him slightly, making him leaner, a bit younger and handsome. He had turned into Polymath, a slightly powerful if hard to detect Nova. Polymath looked into the Mirror, into himself.

He was 40 years old, and yet even when 'Dormed down' like other Novas called it, he simply looked not a day over 20.

I won't fit in anymore

The only thing he could think of at the moment, his greatest fear has always not fitting in among his peers.

But this was not going to be easy, his peers now looked double his age, his wife would look double his age if it wasn't for her strict diet, exercise and plastic cirgury regiment. But his kids? they were a couple of years from looking as old as he, and will grow into looking older than him in a couple more.

Polymath closed his eyes again, and unclicked his node. The quantum energies stopped rolling through his system, and the effects stopped working. But he looked just the same, maybe a little worn out.

This was going to take a lot of consideration, maybe it was time to stop denying who he truly was.

November 06, 2016 6pm

Rivera was thinking all the way to this house.

This isn't just another thing I can explain away with me being young, exercising and a good diet. I look like a damned kid! No wonder people always ask if I was sent in replacement; I was being naive, thinking they were just compliments...

Rivera's car gunned as he stepped on it, dodging traffic like it was nothing. This discussion with himself would need to be expanded to include his wife...and maybe his sister.

---------------------

"No, no and no! You have kept it secret all this time, why do you want to blow the lid on it now?" His wife questioned him, not a usual thing for her. She sounded positively distressed.

"Look at me! I look like I could be your son! This charade of saying that I look young because I'm healthy will not last forever. We knew that, it just came upon us faster that we assumed. Look I like this as much as you do, but I'm going to keep it simple, I'm going to find myself some Novas to be with for a while. Who knows? I might even like it. But at least, this way we can use the rumor mill that is the country to spread the idea that I'm a Nova and we avoid having to say it ourselves. Don't you understand it?"

"I just don't like the idea! Many Novas are dangerous, why do you want to expose yourself to things like that? You are not made for combat, you say that yourself, even if you know how to defend yourself. You can't fly or run faster than a speeding bullet. I don't want to lose you Jonathan!" His wife is about to cry; he could sense it on the back of his head, tears about to burst out.

He took a step closer to her, and held her to his chest. "Do not worry Alicia, I will not be harmed, I assure you of that. Must I remind you of how protective I am of myself? The people I will contact are civilized enough to use the OpNet, and to talk through it without actually going through the world killing each other. I don't know how far I can trust them but I will try my best to not approach the more dangerous ones. You need not worry." Jonathan Rivera held his wife a minute or two longer as she cried to his shoulder, stroking her hair to try and calm her down.

He closed his eyes, letting something on his mind click, he could almost hear the Quantum energy coursing through his body, filling him with power; he always seems to have more success soothing people in this form.

"It will be at most a day, probably much shorter love, and I will be back." Polymath kisses his wife one last time. "It wont be long"

He goes back to his laptop. Opening up a file riddled with information, OpNet serches have always been fruitful for him, and this time he sought to call on someone who could help him.

Rivera light up a cigarrete, taking a long drag on it before dialing to a OpNet phone. As the phone rang, he left out a smoke bubble. Someone answered on the other side.

"Satyr? Look you dont know me but hear me out. I've a proposition that only you can take."

Satyr had been dividing his time pretty equally between Portland, Oregon and Edinburgh, Scotland for the last several weeks. He had spent the last to days checking up on the re-construction process and visiting with Mr. Argyle, ensuring that he still had a job with Argus.

It was late morning in Edinburgh as he met with a client over a contract negotiation when his OpNet device chimed. "Excuse me, lass. This must be important." Satyr stepped out into the hall and closed the door, checking the I.D. on the line.

Rivera? Do I know anyone named 'Rivera'? He clicked the 'answer' button. "Good Morn', this be Satyr." he had a slight questioning tone to his voice. The voice on the other end was unfamiliar, but spoke with a slight Spanish accent.. "Satyr? Look you dont know me but hear me out. I got a proposition that only you can take."

Satyr was a wee bit inconvienced, but he was surely intriguded. "How might I be of service ta ye?" One could almost hear his smile through the connection.

"I understand, that you are in the possession of powers of Teletransportation, are you not?" Polymath gave a brief period to answer.

"I have come to need powers like yours, but I have no access to them. And thus, I wish to contract you shortly for a small 'ride around'. What do you think? I can make it worth your while..."

Polymath was nervous, but controlled himself. I can't ruin this, he is the only teleporter on the site with a 'Happy go Lucky' demeanor and relaxed attitude I have found.

Polymath waited in silence for the answer.

In possesion of Teletransportation?! Am I? What th' ell is that anyway? Satyr thought hurriedly to himself. "Och, Aye. I am."

Satyr was slightly annoyed. “Who is this?” He had some idea of the identity of the caller, but it was somewhat rude not to indentify one self, particularly over international lines. “And if ye be in need o’ a taxi service, we will be needin ta discuss time and me wage.”

There was a pregnant pause. “What are ye willin’ ta offer.”

"You can set the Price. But I'm not looking for a Taxi Service my estimated man, I need a tour guide, someone to show me the ropes of Nova society. Careful research led me to what I think is the correct man" Polymath was really pushing it right now, maybe Satyr's adventuring and free spirit will help him out a little.

"If we can arrange a meeting, It would be much easier and safer to explain it to you, I could also introduce myself much more formally to you. Where would you find it good to meet soon? Preferably today?" Polymath kept up the sweat, he didn't want to sound to insistent, but he didn't want Satyr to just blow him off, that would ruin some of his plans. "Preferably some place in Mexico?"

"Ach, well I can be in Mexico in abou' three hours, I ha'e a meeting here that I have ta finish up." He had a number of other appointments, but none of them were urgent, he could cancel them without much worry.

Satyr tried to visualize a number of places in Mexico that he had previously visited, luckily Satyr's job forced him to have a passport. "Where in Mexico is good for ye?" He remembered his first non-holiday related orgy. "I've come ta Mexico City quite a few times. How far are ye from there?" He smiled.

"About an hour by plane, Where would you like to meet?" Yes! Things are going my way now. Polymath was finally relaxing. "Where do you want to meet, the Northern airport good for you? or would you prefere somewhere else?"

Polymath listened intently to the phone, memorizing each word.

"Aha, Aha...Aha. Got it. 3 Hours you say? Should be enough for me to get there." Polymath for the first time in months was excited about meeting someone. Finally, another Nova. I wonder if the rep he has is forged or real...; Dosen't matter, the important thing is that he is a Teleporter AND knows a ton of other Novas, with any luck I can convince him to give me the grand tour

True his word, less than three hours later there was a man with goat's legs and cloven hooves standing near passenger egress floor of Mexcon flight 274. He was reading a copy of the Oaxaca Times while leaning against a wall; drinking some sort of orange concoction thru a straw.

He smiled at several chicas as they walked flirtatiously passed him and went back to his paper. He had arrived in the country about an hour ago, He looked up some old friends here; he had long overlooked some of his contacts here.

Mexico City Northern Airport, Gate 16. 8:42 PM Mexico City time.

Out of the air terminal came a flood of people, followed by a very easily distinguishable man. He looks like he is on his 20's, black hair, trimmed and combed back. Golden framed glasses, matching a dark blue suit with a blue tie and a white shirt.

He looked out of place taller, leaner, better looking and slightly tense than the average plane user. What really set him apart from the others was the quantum aura surrounding him, imperceptible to humans but all too easy to spot for some Novas.

The man walked directly to Satyr, no waits, no seeing if it is him. After all, missing someone with goat legs and horns was hard to do.

"Satyr? I'm Polymath." Polymath extends his hand to Satyr, expecting a handshake. "I'm glad you accepted my offer, do you have any idea where we should go first?."

Satyr smiled warmly at Polymath, shaking his hand very firmly by baseline standards. "Aye, how was yer flight? I figured I could introduce ye ta me favourite nova, first." Poly was struck by hearing perfect, fluent Spanish with a Scots accent.

"Ha'e ye e'er been to Oregon?" He turned and began walking toward the concourse and baggage claim. "Ye traveled lightly, I hope." He said with a sidelong smile.

Satyr hooves clopped along the hard floor of the concourse, it was not unlike hearing a horse walking on cement. "Sadly, we canna visit e'eryone today, but I can introduce ye ta a few people o'er the course of th' next few days."

"Its good to hear you already have plans for me. I was starting to worry you were going to ask Where to" Polymath shakes Satyr's hand back as strongly, or maybe a little more. "Never been to Oregon, but I hear it has lovely weather during the Fall/Winter season. We going to visit someone special?"

Polymath followed Satyr, scanning him over. Seem's he has been struck by taint a little. Nothing too grave, although he might be a little bad on the head.

Just after Satyr was done talking Polymath looked around, even if Nova's were much more common on 2016, Satyr was not the most normal of Novas.

"Do you care if we can get going? I think some of the girls went to get a security guard" Polymath now was almost jittery, he didn't want his cover blown just yet.

"Ye hav'na commited a crime ha'e ye?" Satyr glanced around taking note of Polymath's nervousness. He was honestly quite curious about it now.

"We can 'pop out' as soon as we leave th' airport proper. That is unless ye be smuggling Mox or something." He spoke in hushed tones in case Polymath actually was carrying drugs or worse. "Are ye a member of th' dastardly Terragen?" He smiled as he asked and eyed Polymath.

"What?" Polymath eyed Satyr "Of course not!" Polymath suddenly just looks away from the cameras "I'ts just that I'm not very public about being a Nova and I might be recognized, and I just dont want that." Polymath almost glared daggers at Satyr, but stopped. "Its just that I have never met a Nova I was not related to, and thus I have very little in the ways of social stance. I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression"

Polymath looked to one side, then to the others. His eyes shifting under his golden rimmed glasses. "As for the Teragen, I will tell you later" He then just chuckles, hoping Satyr was a good sense of humor.

"Now lets go, Night is young but I promised the wife I wouldn't be late tonight"

Satyr laughed at Poly's joke, but was a bit puzzled by Polymath's secretive nature, but he let it go.

The two of them quickly but not hurriedly made it out of the concourse; out into the parking ramp. He smiled at Poly briefly. "Better call ahead." pulled his OpNet device out of his sporran and began typing a message to one of his contacts.

satyr: Hey Beautiful, I found Polymath. We can be there momentarily.

slllyvyn: OK. What's he like?

satyr: He's a bit odd actually. He doesn't want anyone to know he's a nova.

slllyvyn: Weird. Anything else I should know?

satyr: Ah, other than family I'm the first nova he's met.

satyr: He seems fairly ok.

slllyvyn: Weirdx2. Ok. I'll BN the bakyard

satyr: I'll be there b4 you know it

slllyvyn: K XOX

satyr: XOX

With that he placed the device back into it's place as he looked at Polymath. "Ye ready ta go?"

"Ready to go Satyr!"

Polymath was relaxed now, out in the parking ramp no one cared to check on both of them.

This is the first time he is out as a Nova where people could see it, it was...inspiring, he was pretty sure he would like meeting other Novas...as for finally telling people he was one...that would take a lot more thinking.

Satyr placed a hand on Polymath's shoulder and then from their perspective they were standing in a very busy parking ramp taxi cabs and various other vehicals. People walking passed them hurriedly and paying the obvious novas no mind except for the odd second glance.

A flash of green light enveloped them...

...and they were standing the front yard of a small house with dirty white siding and a black roof. A variety of plants and trees decorated the yard. Despite that it was November and there was a light dusting of snow the plants looked quite healthy. The neihborhood was quiet except for the odd car which sped passed behind them.

Satyr glanced at his companion making sure that the sudden change in pressure had no adverse effect on him. "Sylvan is in th' back."

"Sylvan? Who is that?" Polymath was taking his time, going to meet Novas slowly if possible. "I think I have heard of her when I was looking information up on you, but I don't have the full run down."

Polymath followed Satyr, curious as to what kind of Nova could live on this house.

From Sylvan's point of view, Satyr was barely visable around the corner of her house when he teleported to her side and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Then he snapped back to the corner, just in front Polymath. She was still giggling when the guest walked into view.

Very handsome, with no clear Taint backlash, Chloe thought, but it was a casual analysis. There were no lustful desires in her mind, not for Polymath anyway.

"Hi," she said, knocking the dirt off her hands and rising from her knees. She had been laying down a last layer of mulch for the roses she had planted earlier. "I'm Sylvan, or Chloe, if you prefer. You're Polymath, right?"

"Yes I'm Polymath. I can see that Satyr already talked with you about me" Polymath turns to look at Satyr, and then looks back at Sylvan.

"and well, What should we do now? I'm not much used to the whole, pass an evening with Novas, I've my questions about what you usually do on your afternoons" Polymath looked at Sylvan from top to bottom, she was young, pretty, had nice eyes and a healthy green aura around her. She reminded him of his wife when she was younger, including the whole gardening bit. "If you prefer, I could help you with your garden while we talk or do something, sometimes I like to work with my hands."

Polymath surveyed the garden, the day was beautiful up here in, Oregon was what Satyr mentioned, the sun was about to set on a orange/red tone over the horizon;this place being 2 hours behind Mexico City this was normal.

"I like working with my hands, specially on days like this"

Satyr frowned noting his error in the social graces. He smiled warmly attempting not to draw attention to it. He would have remembered introductions, but was distracted with the idea of sneaking up on Chloe.

"In all honesty, I had planned for us ta sit back and talk abou' life as a nova, but this will work just as well." Satyr gave a sidelong glance to Chloe and added a smile.

Satyr got down to work in the garden, he had been helping Chloe practice with her control of plant-life, not like she needed the help, he fully expected her to surpass him in that area by next Summer. "So Polymath, why don't ye tell us abou' yerself."

"There is not much to tell Satyr, I grew up in Mexico, erupted back in '99. Long time ago that was" Polymath gets a far look on his eyes, before snapping back into reality "After that, I got married, got a kid before I made it big with my own company. The usual for our kind, I think."

Polymath keeps working on the garden, doing probably an average job at setting down mulch and picking weeds "How about you two? How has life been treating you?"

As her guests bent to work in her yard, Chloe smiled and returned to her work. Polymath's casual mention of a child brought a stillness to Sylvan's body. Satyr reached out a comforting hand, but before it landed, she had shaken it off. Still, she had noticed his concern, and it earned him a sweet smile. And even if that didn't wash the pain completely from her eyes, it was better.

"Wow, actually, that's not that usual, from what I've gathered from the message board," Sylvan remarked, carefully piling the mulch so that it would protect the roots without retaining too much moisture. It was a delicate balance, but worth every ounce of effort. The blossoms this summer would be extra ordinary. "Most of us end up struggling to have a normal life, it seems. Some of us kinda give up on it.

"I'll let Satyr speak for himself, but my life is all messed up," Chloe sighed. "I'm sure you've heard the news. It was all over the place in August. So until my trial is done, I'm stuck here, waiting in limbo."

"Your life is not messed up sweety, its just beginning. You got all this abilities, you got that healthy glow of yours" Polymath chuckled a little "You could have it made on the right field, and from seeing this garden, I could say you would make a mean agriculturist."

Polymath stretched his back slightly "So whats you side of the story? Why did you do what you did to land you in this situation?" Polymath said it almost off hand.

Satyr had gotten used and quite good at reading her subtle signals, not another soul of the planet would have noted how she froze momentarily at the mention of Polymath's kid. She had smiled at him, assuring him that it was okay. They could always talk about it later. Satyr reminded himself to ask if she minded if he stayed over that evening after He conducted Polymath home.

"Ah, I work for th' Argus Agency in the'r PR department. I try to ha'e a drink wit' me boss at least once or twice a month, but since th' burnin' of me bar it's been somewhat difficult ta manage." He said as gingerly adjusted the roots of a ficus. "I teach a course on religions of th' world back home, although I belie'e Chloe is quickly becomin' one of me bes' students." He gave her a look that spoke of a candle lit dinner next to a roaring fireplace out in the countryside somewhere.

"I mostly jus' try ta be wit' people I care aboot, and stay outta CoMA's way."

"The CoMA...yeah, I have had to dealt with them before. Never from the Nova side though. I can just imagine what they try to pin on you." Polymath shook his head and kept working. "I really wish I never get to run into them, not a lot this old fogey can do to defend himself from a lot of weapons"

"Sure looks like you keep yourself busy Satyr. Argus Agency, High Priest, teaching Religion and managing to give me a hand while all of this? You crazy goat man"

Polymath stretched his back, a bone or two popping "I'm not as young as I look it seems! You got anything to Drink Chloe? Work has always made me thirsty fast" Polymath cleaned his glasses with a wiping cloth, all this dirt was going to make a number on his suit.

The talk of CoMA brought a worried frown to Chloe's face, but she said nothing. She turned back to Polymath at his request, nodding in silent answer. Rising to her feet, she went into her house to see what she had to serve him.

I should have asked Satyr what he wanted, Chloe thought, and then grabbed her iced tea. It would be fine; Satyr wouldn't mind getting served tea. She took the pitcher and three glasses back outside.

"Here you go, guys," she said, passing out the glasses and then pouring. The pitcher was put back on the step, and she enjoyed the cold liquid with the men. With their throats soothed, she remembered that Polymath had asked her a question.

"My side?" She shrugged. "There's not much to tell. I was kidnapped, and I shot someone trying to escape. It's self-defense, and I can probably prove it. Until I do, I have to play by the rules, and stay in the house. That's all."

Chloe knew she was being too casual, but it was all coming at her too fast. CoMA, children, thinking about her father's death - it was all pushing at her, one more straw on the back.

Satyr drank heavily of the iced tea, he had quite quickly worked up a thirst.

He petted the lithe trunk of the Ficus and as he did so the plant seemed to grow a little larger and greener. "Good boy." He said quietly to the plant. He then moved a few feet away to check on the Thistle he had donated to her yard, although they didn't need as much help.

He walked around the garden giving Chloe a affectionate scratch on her back as he passed by, he noted that this topic was obviously troubling to Chloe, so he changed the subject. "What be yer plans, Polymath? Besides meetin' as many novae as possible."

"Not a lot realistically. I want to meet some Novas, want to see how the things shake and work on this world of yours. You see, for all the time I have been a Nova, I have been more Human than ever." Polymath sits back, drinking his tea.

"Before I learned to shut down my Signature and Node, I used to be afraid at all times. It took me almost a year to manage it, and I had to just flee society." Polymath cleans again his glasses, a speck of dirt shot into them from his sitting down "Back then I didn't know what to think of becoming a Nova. There I was, 24 years old, the Galatea had exploded back year and there was only a handful of Novas in the world. I had a wife, a career, a life. I couldn't put all that in stop because a lump of brain I didn't use to have decided to worm its way out into my frontal lobe"

Sighing, Polymath continues "I decided to move out of the city until I could find something to do with myself. After what appeared as enough time, I managed to learn how to shut down my powers from learning Nova Physiology. I went back to school while working on my business, it all seemed so much simpler now than before..." Polymath's head snaps up "Oh, sorry. I can do that...go in random tangents, I guess I'm just nervous"

"My Plans so far Satyr, is meet as many Novas as I can, because soon I will have to live as a Nova all the time. I mean, how many 40 year old people do you know that look like I do?" Polymath grined.

Slipping a quiet smile to Satyr, Chloe listened to Polymath's tale. She'd never heard of a nova doing anything like this, but given that novas could do anything, it wasn't surprising that one had done it.

"You don't have to be nervous," Chloe assured him, pouring another round for everyone there. "We're all just chatting.

"Sometimes, it's hard for your family, when you erupt," she said inbetween sips of tea. "But that's because of the changes." And other things. "But do you think your family will have trouble with you coming out now?"

She blushed and added, "If you don't mind saying, that is. I don't want to pry - when I get nervous, I babble."

Polymath closed his eyes briefly, a literal aura of Happiness emanating from him, everything seemed shinier and better "Sometimes that helps, and I forgot I can do it"

"My family is what worries me. My wife and children, my Kids are at least old enough to understand why their dad is not out there battling the bad guys, but my wife would probably suffer a nervous break down if I ever got in danger" Polymath pushes his glasses back onto position "But she has to accept that it is time people start knowing. I just need to convince her that if I 'come out' as a Nova, I won't automatically be target of terrorism. I mean, that's what T2M is there for, right?"

Satyr noted privately as Polymath and Chloe spoke that they both had been and were quite close to their families. He often asked himself why it was that he couldn't remember them. Did I choose ta forget me own family? Me parents, were they proud of the'r son? Was I married? Did I ha'e any children o' me own before I erupt'd?

Polymath seemed so clear about who he was, as did Chloe for that matter. The creature that "Satyr" seemed to be was merely a veneer that he pulled around himself when life seemed too real. It had rarely bothered him until recently, but the question had begun to nag him since meeting Chloe. Hell, I don' e'en know me real name! Is there still a real person buried deep inside me? Is there more ta me than the attempt ta get inta the pants of a lass? Where does the veneer end, and I begin?

The persona of "The Satyr" had served him well for years. He never had any complaints about his lifestyle. If it is a lie, it is a fun lie. He had no problem in the past lying even to himself about his true feelings. What Polymath had said was correct. I am quite th' busy goat, but ha'e I e'er really done anything worthwhile?

He discreetly watched Chloe for a long moment as she talked with Polymath, and he thought back. Th' only thing I have ever done right, is try ta make ye happy, Chloe. He thought. Before we get so serious tha' neither o' us can turn away, I need ta be honest wit' meself, I need ta be sure aboot who I am.

Once Satyr conducted Polymath home, he and Chloe wold have to talk of many things. He needed to tell her that He needed to know who he was, and what that meant for who he became. He needed to know if he could change for her.

With a blink his thoughtful brow softened. "Ye know, Polymath, I honestly admire yer courage for comin' out now. It canna be easy, even if ye didna ha'e a family ta worry aboot. T'would be easier ta live in a country like... Japan. I hear they treat th' novas there like gods. There isna whole lotta nova related terrorism, compared ta here."

Satyr was deep in thought, Chloe could tell, but there was no sign of what he was thinking on his face. "Hmm, I'd say that the reason I was targetted so hard, was because of my family," she said, quietly wondering in the back of her mind what had Satyr so engrossed. "Polymath, you should be safer from attack than I was, but if you want total safety for your family, you need to hook up with someone more powerful, or move to Japan as Satyr said.

"Japan..." Chloe mused. "I've never been there. My family boycotts Japan and Japanese products, because of their pro-nova stance. I never thought I'd go there." She looked at Satyr, smiling a little. "Have you been?" But for Satyr, there were other, silent questions. Would you take me there? Will you walk to the top of Mt. Fuji with me? Can I try sushi for the first time with you laughing at the funny faces I'll make? Can we go there together?

"Japan could be an alternative, but no one in my family can speak Japanese. On top of that, I do not feel like rooting out my family just because a bunch of people don't like me being different" Polymath sighted.

"But this is such a bad subject for a conversation. What's been going lately on your life Chloe? I know you can't leave your house, but you must do something around here to keep you entertained all day long!" Polymath puts up his joyful voice

"What entertains you when you are in your house girl?"

"Until recently, I had a job, but either they all sucked or they didn't end well," Sylvan sighed, patting her rose bush. *Sleep,* she told bush, watching as it seemed to draw in on itself. *Sleep until spring.*

"I have hobbies," Chloe said, moving to the next rose plant in the line. "I have my plants. I have friends who visit. Satyr is over quite a bit, and Lou Anne Burgess and her wife. I have friends. A few." She suddenly was trying not to sound pathetic.

"So I keep busy - OpNet movies, e-books, and more," she finished. "I strive to keep busy, because it's worse when I stop and think about it." And it was a good policy, in the short term. It had kept her sane for a very long time. It had kept her going for a long way, and it would keep her going for a long time to come. Someday, I'll have my breakdown. But not yet. I can't yet.

Polymath was feeling tremendously bad vibes coming off from Sylvan, it seems the conversation subjects had stroked a bad chord deep in her.

"I enjoy OpMovies as much as the next guy. How about we order in some food, and watch a movie? The evening passed fast, and I don't think I will get enough time to met more novas this evening. Maybe I can continue tomorrow with my endeavor, I have yet to meet more Nova's after all."

Polymath smiled one of his winning smiles, trying to make it all better just by being cheerful. "What do you both say?"

Satyr managed to keep his hands off Chloe during the movie. He was quiet proud of himself for that fact.

"I'll see wha' I can do, I am pretty clear thru th' rest of the week, I can drop ye anywhere ye like." Satyr smiled warmly at Polymath. "I can ma'e some calls in the morning ta other Novas, There are a few I'm intrigued aboot meself, but haven't met." He scratched his head. "I'll let ye know."

Satyr stood up and looked from Chloe to Polymath. "Whene'er ye are ready ta go." He walked over to Chloe and gave her a farewell hug in preparation for his departure. He knew he was coming almost right back, but he wanted to surprise her.

Chloe gave him a big hug, leaning into Satyr's body. She inhaled deeply, smelling the familiar scent of her strangest friend before she stepped back and released him. "See you later," she said before turning to her guest.

"Polymath, thank you for coming by," she said, holding out her hand for him to shake again. "It was a pleasure to meet you, and share a movie and yardwork."

"It was MY please to meet you Sylvan, its always good to know that Nova's live normal lives too. That not every Nova is out there, battling again evil, ideologies or greed. Not every Nova is a elite like I told my wife" Polymath grabs Sylvan's hand between both of his "and its good to know that I know at least one person with a green thumb!" He laughed in good nature.

"But yes, It was a pleasure meeting you Sylvan, I hope everyone else that Satyr introduces me to is as likable as you are."

Polymath dusted himself off one last time, straightened up his tie and walks up to Satyr "We ready to go away captain?"

"I find it highly improbable tha' any o' them are as likable as Sylvan." Satyr sent a wink in Chloe's direction.

Satyr looked at Polymath in all seriousness. "Shoulda I drop ye back at th' Airport or bring ye home?" He asked as he reached for Poly's shoulder.

Archived