Character Contest - Month Eight

Ashnod

Watch him strut, watch him preen

He envisions himself a one-nova sex machine

Too bad the ladies scamper and crawl

anything to get away from those 10 pound fuzzy balls

This month's nova is Adam Carolla's favorite Love Line guest,

Waka Laka Wakinyan, the griffin former known as Totem.

Stories for him are Sept 1st through the 28th.

• 4 weeks later...

Time for me to choose but in advance I would like to thank you all for your entry the stories are all great and mean a lot!

Alchemist - Canon for sure! I loved it and can tell you studied up on your Lakota. It was a story that becomes more and more relevant to him with each passing day. Thank you for exploring Wakinyan's shamanistic side as well as his humanity whatever that might be.

Ashnod- How can I even put to words how touching this story was to me. It is hard to even say this is canon, was canon, will be canon. Exploring the end or the beginning to the story of Wakinyan brings things full circle and is the essence of the sacred wheel to which guides Wakinyan. You have won the contest for this month and I thank you for the heart you put into this despite the saddness it contains.

Carver - At the very least your story deserves an honorable mention! The 'What If' is Wakinyan at his worst and best at the same time. It is never easy to accept that you are playing a doomed character and you caught the bitter sweet essence of the story and Wakinyan perfectly. Thank you for being their to joust with me and make these wonderful stories possible.

Jager - Another relevant exploration of Wakinyan and his Novahood. He unlike many have to walk the path of acceptance that he is not human. It isn't an easy journey and letting him see it's beginning from another angle framed his situation well. The only thing is it felt like the story was hinting about something else. Something elusive to me, maybe that was the point or maybe I was missing something either way I enjoyed it. Thank you, It might not be cannon yet but this is a road that will be cannon someday soon.

Prodigy - Canon! Thank you for giving me something lighthearted! Showing Wakinyan with his grandfather was always important to me. Grandfather was his anchor and for him to lose him was a terrible blow. Still this shows that when they where together they made an interesting family!

Samhra - Canon! The conversations between him and his adopted sister couldn't have been more amusing. Her telling him his romance issues straight up is not only hilarious but also shows that she cares for the big lumox and does her best to help him as best she thinks she can. Thank you for allowing him to be in a position to still have someone he can turn to.

Once again thank you all and congrats Ashnod for winning the close contest! I am proud to have given you all something you could work with. You have all weaved aspects of Wakinyan that define what and who he is. It means a lot to me! Hard to believe he only got ganked once and it was by those he loved. wink

Archived