Honest question. About the future.

Sakurako Hino

This is regarding a terrible thought in the back of my mind. Terrible not on it's visage, but in it's size.

When the IC boards hit 2015, and the last events written of Aberrant play out in real time, where do we go?

Totem asked this question himself and it quite frankly is both scary and exiting.

Does this mean the distinct and interesting possibility of bringing our characters in a communal "Fan-Canon"?

How will we fill the time gap between 2015 to the first rays of light Trinity sheds on the future around 100 years later?

Another distinct possibility is alot of familiar characters may dissapear, as quite frankly, with a lack of a proper backdrop, the characters become nothing more than digital statistics.

Who will lead the way? 2005 is only a few months away, ladies and gentlemen. Where will we go from there?

Ideas?

As I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't worry too much about it just yet. The changes that lead to the Aberrant War are large in number and occur over a long span of time. The penny starts to fall in May, 2015, and finally hits the floor in 2040. Twenty-five years is a long time for something to drop and many changes will occur subtly over that time.

To be honest, the best thing we can do is put in very subtle changes regarding baseline and nova interactions and the degree of a war between separatists and intergrationists (hey, you give me a term aside Monkey-Lover :P ). Again, we're talking twenty-five years... not to be a curmudgen, but how likely even one of us will still be here that long?

Maybe we could have a yearly contest to see who writes the best cannon events for that year? The winner/s get to be "Official" cannon for that year.

Keep in mind this would have to be done on a book perspective so we would need to spotlight the NPCs of the game more than the PCs here I would think.

Yeah, but there seems to be a lack of evidence that the NPC canon characters have further influence past certain points in the story.

Graduating a few of the characters here to "demi-canon", that being a character sort of, and sort of not, being a middle-level mover and shaker with the big boys.

Not the stars, but important supporting actors and actresses in the storys to come.

(Note, if I try typing at night with only a nightlight to help me see, slap me.)

Archived