It's been fun.

Wakinyan

With the recent events unfolding I have decided to move on. It's been a fun nine months on here and I am sorry to have such a falling out with some of you over the way this place is going both IC and OOC.

Wish you all the best of luck and hope you continue enjoying this place. I know I cannot.

Regards,

Kris

Kris, buddy, not to kick you in the dick, but did I miss a meeting or something? Am I the only one who sees the elephant in the room?

I'm glad that for whatever reason you've come to the conclusion that you can and will stay on the forum, and maybe I'm alone in wondering this, but what brought you back? You seemed to burn your bridge pretty thoroughly, and while it's cool that you decided to stay, I'm curious what changed that you felt all the shit you were sore about was tolerable.

Am I missing something?

I owed some folks on here not to just leave. Don't get me wrong I do get more enjoyment than not of this place. Other than one case of burnout I have decided that the little issues shouldn't stop me from being here. Even when they do build up.

Plus while a few of you think I was wrong on every account with my constructive critic of this place. Some have decided to implement some of my suggestions on their own initiative and that is more than enough reason to think I did accomplish something.

Totem, there has always been a sort of... self-policing to this place.

Although there were times when things got too odd, and some serious smackdown needed to be given.

This is a dynamic, semi-autonomous style of play. Bordering on freestyle. The rules in of themselves are just part of the window dressing.

I think above all this place is about storytelling.

Yeah, we should have someone to ask questions to if we can' figure out a probable answer. It's just that I haven't yet asked a Director for assistance.

I mostly ask the players I participate in RPs with what's right, what's wrong, and how we can do things.

If there is an impasse, we go higher.

Yes, my reactions were a knee-jerk response. I am sorry that it went that way. When something has worked out for alot of people, seeing new things suggested gets a few scared quite honestly.

Thing is, Totem, outside issues aside, and confusion on all sides, the best thing to do is work it out.

Well I just want to say this was NEVER a direct attack on anyone. I had issues with a few here. But my post was never about them. It was the issues that where led to by them.

Things like realistic consent. For example, if Ronin wanted Totem dead there is very little Totem could do to stop it from happening other than ask for help from others. I accept that. I accepted it IC when I challenged him to put up or shut up. If he would have killed me then that sucks because I like totem but I have to understand that I cannot always give consent for some things to happen.

I think my issue is I come from a more TT oriented environment where I am more normally the Storyteller or Dungeon Master than the player. I am more used to refing in party conflicts and saying "Oh well you shouldnt have been a dumbass now you are dead." when they end up killing each other.

Where does that leave me now? Well I can either deal with it or not. I choose to try and deal with it. Though I would still like the Directors to have a bit more of a arbitrator role than they do now. They don't need to micromanage. I'd just like there to be bit more control over things.

Quote:
Originally posted by Totem:
Things like realistic consent. For example, if Ronin wanted Totem dead there is very little Totem could do to stop it from happening other than ask for help from others. I accept that. I accepted it IC when I challenged him to put up or shut up. If he would have killed me then that sucks because I like totem but I have to understand that I cannot always give consent for some things to happen.
Totem, the only way a character would be killed is if both parties approved of the "event". Thing is, at a loggerhead, most likely an outside neutral party would have to call the victor.

Either a director, or the opinion of a player outside the conflict.

Unless you actually want to kill off your character. Then you don't need to ask permission.

You misunderstand I am trying to point out it isnt a matter of permission. It stretches even the thin fabric of belief for a role playing game even further to basically make your PC immune to death simply because you don't "want" your PC to die. I understand and accept Totem could bite off more than he can chew. However I don't think other people are willing or able to go that same route. It's a matter of personal taste I guess. To have that possibly happen to a character makes the experience more real to me.

Quote:
Originally posted by Totem:
You misunderstand I am trying to point out it isnt a matter of permission. It stretches even the thin fabric of belief for a role playing game even further to basically make your PC immune to death simply because you don't "want" your PC to die. I understand and accept Totem could bite off more than he can chew. However I don't think other people are willing or able to go that same route. It's a matter of personal taste I guess. To have that possibly happen to a character makes the experience more real to me.
Look at it this way, we all have our own style of doing things. I just think it's great that you can bring it up. Sometimes we may not like it, or there's times we think it's downright crazy, but you have your point to bring up.

At leat you got me to thinking, and that's half the battle.

And thanks for staying.

Archived