Bad news.

Sakurako Hino

I won't be posting on a regular basis for a few weeks at best, or by worst case, a couple of months. I'm having trouble getting things set up so I can once again hop online. Modem identity crisis I suppose.

I will try to post when I can, but for right now, I may be looking at a forced hiatus. Don't take it as me avoiding anyone, especailly by e-mail. Untill things get resolved on my end with my new computer and my internet connection, this will be the best I can do.

Here's hoping for a quick and happy ending.

I'm not really leaving, I'm just in a forced hiatus. It's a problem that I think can be solved easily. I think I'm using the wrong port for my external modem, so I have to get a different cord, that's all.

If that's not the case, I have to get an internal modem. Again, an easy fix, and it makes more sense.

For some reason my computer just does not want to recognize my external modem.

I'll be able to use a friend's connection Wednesdays(Possibly) and Saturdays.

This'll hurt my posts at "All amped up", but I'll try to set it up so I don't have to be constantly monitoring the boards.

Quote:
Originally posted by Endeavor:
Here's a status update:
I am working on the problem and getting a new cord so I can put the modem on a different port. If that don't work, then it's time to invest in an internal modem. If you hear from me more often in two weeks, the earlier was the case.
:rolleyes:

"Just how much bad luck a schoolgirl can collect huh?!?" But, back OOC, I am just going to get an internal modem and frell the rest. I now also have to renew my account with the Twin Cities Freenet. or I lose my web page and my e-mail. :P

Like I said before, just HOW much bad luck I can collect, huh? Well, hopefully I can get things rolling again.

Last Update:

I found a way for the computer to talk to the modem I already have. And it was cheaper than the 45 bucks I had to put up for that balsted internal that might not have worked.

HAPPY ANOUNCEMENT!

I WILL be back this monday at FULL STREGNTH! That is... If my luck holds out. I'm... 99% confident. I'm not as adept with computers as my character is. ~_^

Oh, I don't know. It hasn't been the latest issue of Justice League or Cowboy Beebop but I like that. It's hard to believe people possessing the power to change the world would spend all their time recreating comic books and not seeing the connection.

wink

<font face="Times New Roman" size="5" color="#BC47ED">W</font><font face="Times New Roman" size="2"><font color="#D673FF">idget,</font><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="1">

Quote:
Originally posted by Widget:
Oh, I don't know. It hasn't been the latest issue of Justice League or Cowboy Beebop but I like that. It's hard to believe people possessing the power to change the world would spend all their time recreating comic books and not seeing the connection.

wink

<font face="Times New Roman" size="5" color="#BC47ED">W</font><font face="Times New Roman" size="2"><font color="#D673FF">idget,</font><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="1">
Ahem... I guess I resemble that remark... shocked

Anyways, an update.

I should really remember Murphy's Law. I tried the fix I thought would work. Negatory on that. So, the last thing I can do I must. I'm going to have to install an Internal Modem. I bought it today. I'm using a friend's computer again. I will install it on Sunday or Monday. I'm hoping beyond hope and am sure this will fix it. But, I don't want to jinx that. I will just get to it.

I don't know what I'll have to do if even this fails.

But, after looking at my computer and what I have to do to install it, I doubt a worst-case scenario wil play out. Let me put it like this, if I make a post during the coming week before next saturday, Thunderbirds are GO!

Quote:
Ahem... I guess I resemble that remark... shocked
I'm not keen on it but given the predominance of (ahem) 4-color/manga archetypes proliferating that means little. Go with what works for you.

wink

I haven't seen any spandex wearin'... cape flyin'... utility belt sportin' son of a guns around here.

At least not yet. frown

I mean, with the Utopians here there should be, you think?

As for what works for me, Widget, what works for me is the least path of resistance. Although my being quiet has been forced upon me recently, I also like being able to dip under the radar once in a while.

Yes, Endeavor is a strange bird. But she also has developed some. Not enough to be appreciated yet, but I think there is a good foundation to build on. She's just now learning she has been shielded from the real deal for too long. Now that she has, she's learning that maybe being more sublime may be her best approach.

Endeavor is the firebrand here. Wherever she goes, there is liable to be a firestorm of contraversy behind her. Or at least some very dumbfounded people.

Walking contradiction? Most likely. That's what makes Endeavor... well... Endeavor.

Why do you think I keep coming back? smile

I really don't mind the insults that Endeavor recieves that much. They are few and far between. I have made more friends than enemies here I think.

I actually like you and you have sort of shed light on some things to me.

But really, Endeavor is only "percieved" as the anime girl. And don't go by the link in the sig. I have to do some major updating to it.

Not to mention help a friend introduce a new character that he wants to play as.

I wouldn't be doing that unless I liked it here.

Quote:
I actually like you and you have sort of shed light on some things to me.
When did I do that?
confused

Quote:
Originally posted by Widget:
I'm not keen on it but given the predominance of (ahem) 4-color/manga archetypes proliferating that means little. Go with what works for you.
That is what I was refering to. I do know Endeavor originally was a full out Anime fan. I guess it's dyed into the wool for her.

Old habits are hard to break.

At least she does not like anime made after N-Day. It seems what life anime had got sucked out after that moment in history. Every anime afterward was probably tied into the whole kamisama thing. :P She probably thinks that humankind's creative edge has been sucked away a bit. Humans don't need Novas to dream.

You won't find a single Anime or Manga in Endeavor's collection dated roughly 6 months to a year after N-Day.

... umm...

I don't know much about Endeavor except for the options you provided from the "shaking things up" thread. I am still learning who is who but I've noticed that (most)people seem to like the comicbooks. Everything from furry anthros to the straight import of comic characters.

Don't take offense or look too deeply into the comment. My tastes run more to the realistic and less to the comic in my Aberrant games but it looks like that's a minority opinion. If manga/anime/comics are the flavor you like then that's what you should play.

smile

Added comment;

Thanks for the in depth explanation on Endeavor's hobbies. That IC conversation Endeavor tried to have with Widget a couple of weeks ago makes a *lot* more sense now. wink

Archived