[Fiction] Apple for Teacher

z-Rheinlander

Greg Mundy hated Mondays. First, there were the obvious, tired jokes, even from people that had told them before. Second, the kids were always little prats, every last one of them. They wanted to be somewhere else. Well, so would he! But was that going to happen? Hell, no! The Boise Public School system paid just enough that finding a new job wasn't worth the effort.

At least they would be starting a new subject today - World History. Greg loved the Constitution and the intricacies of government himself, but it bored ninety-nine percent of the class. They usually enjoyed World History more, and this year, he had brand-new, up-to-date books.

He was so entralled by the thought of happy students that he had the stack of books half-unloaded before he realized something was wrong. I don't remember the texts having this picture in the montage on the cover. What happened to the Zulu chief? And the Chinese clay men?

He flipped open the cover and peered at the foreword by the author.

Quote:
You hold in your hands the true history of the World. This project has been an obsession of mine for years, and now I'm pleased to be able to share it with Idaho's youth. In this tome, you'll find the truth that no one has dared tell you about the Zionist conspiracy-
Mundy jerked his eyes away from the foreword, horror building in him. He flipped to the title page, scanning down.,,
Quote:
The Unabridged History of the World

by

Rheinlander

Anne Marie Vincenne loved books. They were dear and precious things to her, knowledge and art and imagination all bound up between two convenient covers. Harming a book was nigh-unthinkable to her. But today, Anne Marie Vincenne was as close to making an exception as she had ever been, her knuckles turning white as abrasive fingertips dug deep into the tainted volume she held in her hands.

After a solid minute of grinding her teeth - creating a small flurry of stray silicate in the process - Sandcaster stood from her chair, handed the bruised book back to Detective Myres, and said with a deadly calm, "I am going to deal with this... 'gentleman', if it is the last thing I do."

Archived