[Fiction] Viva Las Vegas! [Warning: Adult Content]

Wakinyan

Slattern pouts as Symmetry returns, "Dammit. I already had your leash all chosen out."

She gets up and stretches after Sakurako's performance, "If that isn't a signal of a party's end I don't know what is."

As her warp opens up behind her she blows a kiss to the party guests, "Ta-ta all. Have fun." and exits.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Procyon finishes his chai and his reverie and stands, stretching slightly and tossing a bill onto the table to cover the drinks. Nodding to the assembled multitude as he goes, he ambles out the door, the crowd parting respectfully. Without even a conscious thought he takes to the air, the flaring lights dancing in the golden aura as he soars upwards, spiralling lazily.

Making a decision he returns to the Starlords in a golden streak of motion, touching down in a blur onto the same balcony he left from and wandering into the room, his hands in the pockets of his leather pants. He moves over to the bar and helps himself to a glass of wine, having had quite enough of Amp Wells for one night.

One Terat vanishes inside of a pink glow while the other arrives in a flare of light. Kevin cannot help but to smile in the contrast of departure and arrival of the higher beings. It is an odd sensation Slattern leaves and causes his to feel like he has been dumped that heartache is only soothed by Procyon's own balm of social grace. Novas have such profound effects even on each other Symmetry notes of he exposer to the Terats.

"Sir." Kevin says address Procyon. "I was at Long's table earlier when you dropped by but I never had a chance to speak to you." He holds out his hand. "I am Kevin 'Symmetry' Rong. It is an honor to meet you."

"The little Terat boys and girls worship Divis of course." Eris untangles a few of her braids. "He is this generations answer to Zeus.. Zeus loved the girls, Divis loves the boys. At least Divis doesn't turn into geese or bulls to do them." The blue skinned and black horned girl cackles at her own joke.

"Well water is water. I am sure it is good for your needs planty. Ohhh ya know what?!" She gets an excited look. "You should go sit next to Procyon down there. I bet you will perk right up. He is all sunshine and smiles, perfect for your little green bod. Though I have heard his scepter of Ra is worth getting a hold of as well." She winks at Verdant and wails in laughter finding herself very funny apparently.

He spots the quiet young nova approaching him and smiles, recognising the one Slattern was vamping on just before he left. Taking Symmetry's hand in his own, he gives him a friendly handshake and smiles in greeting. The touch of his aura is warming yet soothing, and standing close to him, in his current genial mood at least, calls back memories of childhood days basking in the summer.

"Sir is unnecessary, Symmetry. Procyon will do fine." He grins disarmingly, his baritone cutting through the hubbub of the room with eerie ease. "It is a pleasure to meet you, young man."

He leans back against the bar, the picture of divine elegance despite his leather pants and tight white t-shirt as he sips his drink.

"So, how was your meeting with our Slattern?" He asks with a good-humoured wink. "I hope you weren't too discomfited?" His grin is two parts friendly to one part impish as he regards the quiet young man.

"Slattern is a unique creature. She seems to be whatever you want her to be and so much more. Still she seems to be so.. Dangerous." He sighs and turns his attention to Procyon fully.

"If you have the time I would love to ask you some questions. You might have heard about my quest online if not and you don't mind me wearing your ear out." He grins and takes a drink from his bottled water before continuing. "I was told I was a latent almost a decade ago. Since then I have done everything I could to enlighten myself in preperation for the day I was ready for my Qi to blossom. That was last August and since then I have been meeting with my fellows to try and truly understand what we are. I see one of the first Novas standing here before me and I cannot help to get exicted about the questions I can ask." Kevin's enthusiasm is contagious and his friendly demeanor is both humble and true.

Procyon smiles at the enthusiasm and nods. "By all means, ask away. Bear in mind what you have doubtless already discovered, however: Ask any ten novas to define the One Race and you will get fifteen differing answers." His chuckle is light-hearted, but his blue eyes are also curious as to what this scholarly nova will ask. He relaxes further, intent on enjoying the conversation.

Verdant tilted his head a little bit at the strange girl, emerald eyes taking her in a moment. "Well, that's interesting." Verdant takes another long look around the place, and finishes his water smoothly. "It was nice talking to you. Anytime you'd like, come visit me in Mexico City. Here's my card, it has my lab number and stuff." Verdant hands her the crisp green card, which has a slight gloss finish on it to match his own skin tone.

"I think this is a bit too much for me." Verdant smiles a little bit weaker, and nods to her, casting a look about again before retreating away into the night.

Like an emotional rollercoaster the horned girl slides from near hysterics to the verge of tears as Verdant departs.

Eris takes the card and her lip quivers a little as her eyes water up. "I didn't mean to scare you off Verdy!" She sniffles and wipes at her nose with her forearm. "I will miss you Dr. Pepper."

Kevin leans against the bar and ponders it a moment. "Well from what I recall you were with the Project in the early days." He takes a swig from his water bottle then continues. "What changed all that? What changed you from wanting to do what you felt was right by joining Utopia to doing what you felt was right by being a Terat?" Symmetry's thoughtful inquisitiveness shines through as he asks the question.

Procyon looks thoughtful, the swirl of lazy solar light around his body shifting patterns as he sits on a barstool. His blue eyes harden slightly as he stares into the middle distance, and then he blinks slowly and glances back at Symmetry.

"I, as Peter Nord, was with the Project, yes." He smiles faintly. "I had all this power, you see? And I wanted to make a better world, to clean up all of the problems I had bitched about with my friends for years before. Or at least some of those problems." The golden-glowing nova shrugs lightly.

"And then my wife was murdered." He looks Symmetry calmly in the eye. "She was killed by a junkie looking for his next fix. A foul example of humanity who wasn't even sorry for what he had done. As I looked into the creature's eyes in the courtroom, saw his reaction to the sentence passed on him, my whole perspective changed, Symmetry."

He pauses reflectively, his eyes distant again. "I realised that Utopia was just another band-aid on a cancer patient. The powers that be would never allow anyone to change the status quo, because that would render them obsolete. And Utopia, if you'll pardon the indelicacy of expression, doesn't have the balls to upset the corrupt power blocs that form the basis of authority in this world."

He looks Symmetry square in the eye again. "That was why I left Utopia. That was why I executed the murderer who robbed society, and myself, of someone who was of infinitely more value in this world than he."

Archived