[Fiction] Deep of the Ancients

Sakurako Hino

"Simply put, Vixen, I hope we don't encounter any aquatic lifeforms other than fish, whales, or other animal life."

Endeavor swims for the doors.

"If we do encounter any intelligent life, be careful, it may just be a bored Nova. We'd be in their backyard. So diplomacy and manners would be the SOP."

She grins.

"Although finding an ancient ship would be quite a feather in our collective caps."

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The chamber completely fills with WATER, not air, smile and Vixen's voice crackles on the comm system. "Okay, I guess I'm as ready as we'll ever be. How long for decompression? Have we got a HUD or something on these suits that lets us know how we're doing?"

"Yes, we do. It should be activated. It will give a readout of your vitals and your O2 supply. By pressing a button on your helmet, you can switch between other's vitals/O2 supplies. If anyone's readouts get into a dangerous area, it will alert the rest of the party."

Endeavor looks over everyone's readouts.

"Seeing that everyone's normal and operating properly, and we're at the proper pressure for depth, Perhaps we should get this underway..."

Sakurako presses a few buttons on a console to her left, and the main doors that had at one moment seperated the ship from the outside ocean open.

What is revealed is a darker blue ocean, with an outcropping no more than a few meters from the ship. A couple submersible drones circle about, lighting the area.

"Well, ladies and gentlemen, let's get underway."

A drone with multiple lit ports on the back moves over and hovers infront of Endeavor. Sakurako takes a line from near the waist line of her suit, coils it from a "dispenser" and connects it securely to the port.

"You got a tether line coil on the 'belt' of your suit. You can connect it to this probe. It'll share data through it, and it will also provide extra power."

Archived