Closing a fic

Sandcaster

Someone mentioned that it would be a damned nice thing if we could see at a glance when a fiction is closed from the list of fictions. And that made me think (frightening, I know): we can.

I would like to recommend that, when we finish a fiction, the originating poster edit the first post to change the message icon to the blue arrow, such as I have used in this thread. It stands out, and would serve as a nice symbol to folks that a fic is completed.

I'm going to go ahead and do this with recent fics of mine, in an effort to start the trend.

• 6 months later...

As we no longer have the little blue-arrow icon, I would propose that closing a fic be done by simply choosing the new "no icon" choice. I've gone back through and done this with the various closed Timeslip, Ptesan-Wi, Sandcaster and Crusader fics; I think I've got them all.

There's always the "Complete" tag like I used for Family Apprehensions. While the no icon works, I think it looks weird, and it doesn't "pop" out at me. With the extra space for the titles that the new forum gives us, slapping a [Complete] is more eye-catching to me.

Archived