Scene 2 - End of the Road [IC]

Alenka offered a wan smile, "Oh, indeed, it is certainly fortunate." The woman tugged her boot back on and stood up, "Glad to know you would not be so tempted, many kni- ... elves, would be less scrupulous." She offered a nod to each of them and went to sit by herself, looking at the others intently as she munched on some dried fruit, hard cheese, and flat bread.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Dalish-turned-Circle Mage leaned in, his fake smile already fallen to grim line as he whispered, "Keep your weapons close. I don't like this turn of events, and if anything goes awry, you know the shems will blame us before their own kind."

Nayobee leaned closer to Shiral'ven and whispered under her breath, "I can't believe it! That bitch tested us.", even though her outside demeanour remained friendly and oblivious Nayobee was steaming inside. Her trade and heritage wasn't highly valued but to assume she'd be so stupid and greedy - just for coin was... she even lacked the words for it.

If she wanted easy coin she would simply cut Alenka's purse and take her share while she was asleep, maybe leave a mark in her arrogant face, a scar to be remembered by.

She nodded at Shiral'ven and kept her smile, "Of course - I always expect to be double-crossed. It's the way of the world and the fate of our kind."

Shiral'ven arched a brow, a little surprised at Nayobee's interpretation of the conversation. "I don't think that was a test, falon. I think that was an offer, made to us because she assumes that pointed ears meant greed and a callous ignorance of the dangers and repercussions involved."

"That is why I said to be careful and alert. If she has been planning this, she may have allies along the way or things set in motion with those already with the children. The arl hiring mercenaries might have upset part of her plan." He shrugged, "That's my read of the situation, but you might be correct as well. Perhaps the Arl instructed her to find a reason not to pay the 'knife ears', even if we completed the task on time, and that was her first attempt. If that were so, though, I do not think she would have moved away so quickly."

He shook his head, "I wonder, if she's this desperate, why she doesn't merely return to the Tower or seek another patron. She seemed competent enough in the fight, and she's passed her Harrowing. The Tower may be boring and the Templars..." He trailed off and gave Nayobee a lopsided smile. "Sorry, you've probably little to no interest in the internal affairs of mages. Gods know I would not, were it not..." He motioned to his staff, "Well, necessary."

Archived